So we Meet again (Drayton)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Sophilia on May 24th, 2011, 2:22 pm

Sophilia was almost out of it when she hear Drayton say her name. She whimpered lightly in reply seeing that she didn't have the strength or energy to look up at the girl or make much more noise than that. At seeing Drayton pick up her back she sighed in her head of relief finally, water... maybe that would help with the wound?

As they landed in the building together Drayton was the only one that was in pain. Sophi had yelped in pain from the shock of the landing even though she hadn't gotten the majority of the impact. As She was laid down she saw her bag above her head, the strap in front of her face. Using the little amount of strength she had she took the bag's strap in her mouth and pulled it to her and then pulled it open. She found the canteen easily and began lightly whimpering hoping that Drayton would get the message.
I dream in Darkness,I sleep to Die
Erase the Silence,Erase my Life
Our burning Ashes, Blacken the Day
A world of Nothingness, Blow Me Away
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Words: 6724
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 4:13 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 27th, 2011, 3:25 am

Eleanor cringed as the fox’s sharp cry hit her eardrums, the pitch of the sound was painful enough without knowing it meant she’d hurt the creature that had helped her. The girl’s wide eyes were fixed on the hot, dark stain that was spreading around her fingers. Blood soaked through the pressure of her bandanna and ran through the grooves on her finger tips and over the smooth surfaces of her untrimmed nails. It saved me, if it’s Sophilia, she saved me. This is a lot of blood for something so small…

Shallow, quick breaths filled with anxiety stung in her bruised ribcage but she kept the pressure on the wound, barely noticing what the fox was doing with the bag. She could feel the thin chest bones rising and falling with the high whine of the fox as it tried to get her attention. Please don’t be dying… the teen hoped, thinking she had done something wrong. But when she looked at the little head that lay limply on the floor of the shack she saw the canteen, and dared to guess.

“I hope this is what you want…” the girl said in a tight voice, placing the canteen between her knees so she could open the vessel with one hand. Her fingertips were red and shiny and the cap slipped several times under their slick grip before she was able to open it. When the lid came off she pressed the rim gently against the whiskery jaw of the fox, and tilted so a slow dribble came out. I hope she doesn’t drown…
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 28th, 2011, 1:11 pm

Sophilia began drinking from the little trickle of water and slowly felt herself gain a bit of life. When she finished she lightly pushed the bottle up and tried pointing to her wound with her nose. Sophi realized that his would probably look like she was trying to reach an itch but she wasn't. She wanted Drayton to pour the water over her wound. She didn't know what it would do but she had seen humans do that to each others wounds many times and figured that it must do something.

As time went on She slowly gained more strength and stood up on her three good legs, she figured that at least if she was in her human form then maybe she could do what needed to be done. If she couldn't do it then at least Drayton would be able to understand her. She slowly began morphing into her human form but as she did so she had to clench her jaw in pain to keep from screaming out as she felt just where the wounds were now on her human body.
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 30th, 2011, 12:23 am

The fox was whimpering and weakly lifting its head, as though it was trying to look at the gash on its side. It seemed to be a bit livelier now, and Eleanor looked followed the point of its narrow, wet nose. Watching the tip quiver and the whiskers shake above the wound the girl noticed the thin lines of dirt that ran in the grooves on her fingers, and the dingy color of the dirty rag she had pressed into the wound.

The fox was no longer bleeding freely and so she lifted up the bandana and poured a small stream of water over the injured side. The clear liquid soaked up some of the crimson stain on the fox’s matted fur and pooled on the dirt beneath her. Maybe this will clean it, she thought, watching the flow of red water branch off as it moved down the animal’s side, split by thick clumps of fur and drying blood. I can’t scrub it, or it will bleed again…

It wasn’t long before the critter lifted itself and stood unsteadily before her. Why won’t she put her other foot down? As the fox stood light began to swirl through the shadowy room, cutting through the gloomy corners and lifting up against the sagging ceiling. Spiders scuttled up strands of their webs as tendrils of magic spread out from the center of transformation. Eleanor fell backwards from her squatting position, holding the bloody cloth and half empty waterskin out in front of her, as it to ward off the sudden bloom of light. What is-

But the transformation was quick, and before Eleanor could finish thinking about her surprise the light had returned to Sophilia, who stood before her as a naked woman once again. “So it was you?! Why’d you go and do that, idiot? Now we have to get you fixed!” The words rang sharply in the empty room, sinking deep into the wooden walls. Eleanor realized how high her voice had climbed and paused for a moment. She saved you from becoming one large, skinny bruise, deep breath Eleanor.

Her next words were flatter, calmer, and perhaps a bit concerned. “Your cut is bleeding again.”
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 30th, 2011, 9:00 am

Sophilia's transformation was quick but painful. The gash had transfered itself to her side and her broken leg turned out to be her left leg but it didn't hurt as much now that she was human. She slowly lowered her foot to the ground and looked over at Drayton her was now on the ground.

“So it was you?! Why’d you go and do that, idiot? Now we have to get you fixed!”

Sophilia looked at her for a moment longer before looking down. There was nothing for her to say. She didn't know why, well she supposed she had done it because she felt a connection to the scrawny girl but other than that there was nothing.
“Your cut is bleeding again.”

At this Sophi looked down at her side and saw the blood running down her side. Sighing lightly as she began to feel a bit weeker she sat down and took her cloak in her hands, then after grabbing her knife she cut a decent strip of cloth from the bottom of it. After putting the cloak and knife away she grabbed the water and poured it on the strip. "Maybe this will work.. at least for a little while..." And with that she gently applied the wet cloth to her side knotting it loosely on the other side.

"Besides, Why do you care if I need fixing? I'll survive you know..."
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 31st, 2011, 1:57 am

Eleanor struggled with manners when she was nervous. The sight of blood wasn’t something that usually made her squeamish, but as she watched the thin red lines flowing over Sophilia’s curves the girl felt her palms grow sweaty. She’s not putting her weight on her foot, and her side had a pretty wide cut… This isn’t going to heal nice and tidy on its own. It was this thought and the realization that she owed something to Sophilia, was tied to her in a sense, that forced Eleanor’s voice into a sharp tone that followed her almost condescending laugh.

“Ha, yeah, you’ll survive with a busted leg and a bleeding side. How’re you going to get money, feed yourself or run from some bum who finds you just a little too attractive in an alleyway, huh?” She was standing up now, gloved fists pressed tight against her hips and chest puffed out. Eleanor glared at Sopilia for a moment, thinking. I could walk out, right now… I could let her rot and seep into the floor of this shack. Damnit.

Huffing she spoke again, releasing the hot pressure that had grown behind her bruised ribs. “Listen, not like you can move much but stay here. I’m going to get someone who can actually do something about that wound, alright? Your leg too.” Muttering something more beneath her breath the teen heaved herself out of the busted window and onto the dusty road again to find a doctor.

OOCI’m going to ask how much the doctor will cost and such and that’ll be in the next post.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on June 13th, 2011, 11:32 am

Sophilia sighed lightly as she let her legs sprawl out on the ground in front of her. She saw Dray's sweaty palms for only a moment before she wiped them off on her side. The girls laugh made Sophilia raise an eyebrow wondering what the girl could have possibly found twistly amusing.. but after hearing the girls words Sophi merely looked down and chewed on her lip.

As Dray spoke again she looked up only but only enough that she could see where the girls stomach would have been if she ate enough. Sophi then nodded once before lowering her head again and sighing as she began waiting for Drayton to return.
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Postby Drayton on June 28th, 2011, 3:39 am

Dark tear stains of rust ran over the plaque and crusted around the letters that, though barely legible now, read: William Alard, Dr. With Max’s blood painting her knuckles red Eleanor knocked on splintering wood the doctor’s door.

She remembered watching Alard’s saggy grey whiskers hanging over Mark’s split face two summers ago, stitching the knife wound. It had been impossible to tell if his furrowed brow, the angry look on his face had been birthed by concentration, Mark’s hollers to “go easy Doc”, or some other horror of Sunberth. But despite the rough treatment and sour disposition the wound had healed up nicely, clean and without infection, a near miracle for a squatter living in the slums of the anarchist town.

“Whatcha want streetrat? I don’t do charity work, ‘cept on special occasions, and your ugly bruised mug ain’t one of ‘em.”

The bruises were nothing, though Eleanor could feel her pulse pounding through each tender rib and pressing again a stomach so sore it felt near bursting. “It’s not me who needs you doc, these bruises are nothing and I’m not asking for a freebie. My friend’s worse off and I’ve got the money to pay you. Now get your bag, please.”

The nicety sounded clumsy and unpracticed as it tumbled over her swollen lips but the old man shut the door quietly, returning from the sound of soft shuffling and light swearing with a large black bag. William Alard followed the young woman back to the deserted house where Sophilia was waiting, and this time they used the door.

“Soph, this is Dr. Alard, he’s helped a friend of mine before, show him what’s wrong, or whatever…” And Eleanor retreated to a corner, fondling the blade of her dagger as she watching the unpleasant look Alard examined the nude woman with.

OOCSorry for not being able to post for so long. I can RP Alard if you’d like, or you can take him over, which ever happens a mod will tell us the price at the end, along with XP.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Archelon on August 25th, 2011, 8:18 am

Epilogue...

At the notion of payment the good doctor took a look at Drayton and sighed a moment before motioning to an assistant of Dr Petronius' who was visiting to discuss medical supply prices, to go instead. When the help arrived, the poor fox kelvic was treated as gently as possible, and the wounds were dabbed with a little bit of honey to prevent infection before being tied off with clean bandages. With one hand turned towards Drayton the assistant pocketed the fee. After 4 gm exchanged hands he said, "Don't worry the patient will be cared for, you did pay. I'll be back in a bit to take her to a resting area for the doctor to check on her a bit further. Without further ado the assistant turned to walk back towards Mark's house to finish their discussions on competitive buying power for some of the new shipments coming into port.

As the sun set, the small bonny street rat, would pick up the foxling and turn towards home. The wp,am would be unable to transform till healed due to the tightness of the bandages.So for the next eight days. Drayton might have to travel to and from the doctor's office to check in as the woman was nursed back to health. Whether her two housemates liked the idea of her being 'elsewheres' in the city, was another thing entirely for the future to decide...

Thread Award

“Hey... STOP FIGHTING... I SAID STOP... Ole Archy ain't even had 'ta chance to sell tickets yet! Come on! Stop Already! Please? I'll split the take, look!!!"

And the Results!!!!:

Sophilia :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Unarmed Combat5
Hunting 2 Human prey
Observation 2
Brawling 1

Lores:
Biting People gives yummy blood.
Recieving Thievery Beatings

Wounds:
Stomach lacteration- 8 days natural healing- Kelvic change from animal form

Notes, good starting development of fighting in an animal form :)

Drayton :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Brawling 5
Rhetoric 4 Spitting, curses, insults
Observation 2
Medicine 1
Larceny1 Thieving and fighting your way out.

Lores:
Ranged Spitting (Poor)
Recieving Thievery Beatings
Sympathy for injured animals

Wounds:
Swollen jaw 4 days natural healing
Stomach Bruises 5 days natural healing

Ledger:
Deduct 5 SM for Sophilia's treatment

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
This was a very nice thread about thievery gone wrong. A cyut fox out for some food, and a nasty case of getting caught and paying the price
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous