Bob: You spell it the same front and back

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Bob Barton on September 3rd, 2011, 7:11 pm

Yay Summer season in Miz is over. First landmark for my PC in the game. Then I went to update my CS with the Summer threads and went...WTF?!? Bob has been a busy boy. I actually have to scroll down my screen just to reach the end of the threads list, and that's a lot. :O So to commemorate, here is a random scrapbook out of the blue.

And all that was done in two months too. I really, really need to find something else to spend my time on. That, or maybe not. I will still be wasting my time on something or another anyway. :P I still have no idea what I will be putting in this scrapbook yet. Maybe interesting stuff I find in the game? That would be fun.

But if you have anything to share about Miz or anything else with me here, feel free. But remember the no.1 rule. FUN! Of course fun is subjective so...have FUN!

So to sign off here is the most interesting thing so far (Which is the peer review for gambling thanks to Tiki and his special day):
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic13000.html

See? Even the number is nice. Its 13000. So get your asses over there and review, review, review! Especially the skill progression bit. I think the stuff I put is still not that nice so a lot more suggestions and feedbacks are needed. If you don't...then you just don't. Then it will be stuck in limbo. FOREVER!

I mean did you see how bad it is? Its all in ruins that it keeps breaking down...and rebuilding itself... And then in the end it will get run over a train. Such a sad fate for the stub. Are you sure you want to be responsible for the innocent stub? :(

So do your part today. Adopt a stub here or review one in the World Development section (like mine). You will make Mizahar a better place. :D

And remember. When you are here, have fun. I repeat, HAVE FUN!
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on September 6th, 2011, 1:36 pm

Time for a shameless rant (Yay!) Someone just had to remind me of one of my PCs which had to die before he even got a chance to get off the ground. :( Yup that is why I am putting this now. So anyone could see what he really was without me needing to repeat myself over and over and over again. Instead of believing in the pack of nonsense other people had spread.

Which PC am I talking about? Well a lot of people who have been in chat recently for the past month or so might have heard of him (especially all of you haters and noob bashers which I will never forgive. Don't worry, I will always remember who some of you are :)) Yup, he is Caedeserus the cursed sword.

Frankly I lurk in chat. And by lurk I mean a lot. Even if I am afk I will come back and skim through the chat history so I know what you people have been saying. Heck I didn't even have to be on chat while you guys were talking all that unfounded and baseless crap about him because as soon as I get in, nice people send me whispers telling me there were people bad mouthing my PC just because they didn't like it. How would you like it if that is the first thing you learn about when you enter chat, huh? Should have figured that things were going bad the first time I was told that someone was ranting about my PC in chat just because her thread did not go the way she wanted to as soon as I joined in. That was the spark which started the destruction. If that is the way it is then why don't you go make a private thread or provide an OOC note of what you want? That way I won't have to waste my time and muse on you. I am no mindreader you know.

The concept of Caederus was simple enough from the start. An ancient ghost with a lifelong goal of redemption, attached to the only thing left from his time which was his sword. There should not be any complications right? Wrong! Because somehow or another, people have been talking in chat. I would be cool with that if they were NOT spreading around ideas like I wanted "special abilities, magic items, and permission to use ghostly manifestations in inappropriate ways" to the point that is what people will see first regardless what the PC truly is. The ones who are powergaming here as some of you have kindly put in chat? That would be you for deciding on what my character is without being willing to look properly and thus causing this mess. Yeah don't think I missed the part of you saying you hate the character because you think the player behind it is a powergamer.

People. The sword is cursed because there is a ghost who follows it around and screws up the life of anyone he didn't like which uses it! What kind of lies have you been spreading around in chat to make other people think otherwise? Look at the item properly. Everything about it are mundane or common items which can be gotten from the price list by anyone. Ghost or not as long as they have the mizas for it. Its just not logical for a traveling ghost to be able to carry that kind of money so I might was well dump it into something he can carry around. Like a sword. Whatever power you think the sword has is the ghost using his skills to mess around with the wielder, his enemies and the environment. In a sense its "magical", but not the way you put it since its only the dead djed of the ghost put to use.

So lets go through how I got the idea of making him. One, ghosts were not getting a lot of love. Most I see get retired too fast or just get inactive sadly enough. The reason is pretty simple (at least for me) Because they have only three initial skills to work with and there was nothing much to do. So why not go past that limitation and use it to your advantage? Master those three skills of yours and get other people to help your ghost do whatever he wants to. But how are you going to do that? Its not like any right minded person would freely accept a ghost as their partner (except for spiritists who are just as rare to find one which will suit Caedeserus) The partner thing is good OOC too because then you have a steady thread partner for yourself.

Which brought to another thing I heard in chat a few days (later or earlier? I cannot remember) Kelvic BONDMATES! Yes we all know them, we all love them and we all want them. They all bond because they were created with needs. Like them, Caedeserus has a need too. People that he can use. But unlike Kelvics, a ghost would not really be useful enough. Kelvics are useful. And even if not they can be used as a symbol of awesomeness. Which just meant I had to make Caedeserus useful or awesome too.

But that brought to another problem. Caedeserus as I saw him was a fully autonomous character even if he still had to rely on people. He was a ghost of action. He needed to do things. He needed a motive and a drive. A good one so that he won't die out so easily. Yeah I needed a reason to work on his skills too. Which was why, a warrior ghost. Besides from stupidly materializing himself due to some perverse sense of honor (which I saw him doing a lot) or a spiritist, It would be hard to take on a ghost. That was actually a really entertaining idea to me. Not to mention an ancient ghost can talk in nader canoch and combining its rules and words with common would be totally funny.

The ghost needed a weapon if he wanted to fight (or a house/ship if I wanted a haunted house/ship but lets not go there) It did not hurt that the weapon was going to look exotic enough that people would want to keep around even as a curiosity. I wasted two days. TWO! To find out whether it was possible for him to carry one weapon. Most of the weapons I wanted were too heavy for competent or expert leveled ghosts (Wow!) And the rest are just too boringly common. Which is why I ended up with the executioner's sword. Because its below five and its just plain cruel. Its made to behead people but the blunt point can be used to hurt people just as bad without killing them. Torture is good for vindictive ghosts. ;)

So yes, three skills and a simple concept and I still have no idea how it went so wrong thanks to some people in chat (You know who you are :)) Soulmist projection to touch the beloved sword and mess with other people. Materialization just to feed the ghost's ego that he wants to be a part of the new world. Well actually Possession would make it a real cursed sword at the later levels since he would be able to go into people's arm and control the sword from there. Think of how the other PCs would react to that? But I kind of liked the first two skills since they suited his personality, so...meh...

To me its simple. You don't like the PC then that is your problem. Just don't go around telling people why you think it would go wrong without proof. Don't go around saying things you think you saw that were not there. Don't spread your crap that will twist and pervert the character concept the way you want people to see it, just because you want to see it fail. I can give you the ten reasons why I think your character would fail you haters, just because I refuse to see the hundred reasons already there that it work. And I can do it so well just to make the ten lies shroud the hundred truths from everyone else. What you should have done is brought your concerns to my attention so I can help clarify. Instead of working up everyone else and putting their full attention on those non-existent facts!

Well, rant is over and I feel kind of better to get it all out and won't have to explain to anyone else about it when they ask since I can just point them here. In closing I would like to thank the people who actually supported the idea and wanted to help make it work instead of shooting it down with their !@#$%. People like Tats and Fela who worked with me on the CS to try and personify what the character actually is. Zlakalia and Valleck who wanted to have a ghostly partner in their own missions which I am sorry to have disappointed. And a few others who were able to keep an open mind. As for those who did all the hating and spreading, I do hope that someone else would show you the "kindness" that you have shown me. :D

:) Something the wonderful noob bashers need in their back. Courtesy of Caedeserus. :)
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on September 30th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Newsflash!

I am going to be like super duper for the next few days? Weeks? I don't know but if I am in a thread with you don't expect me to do too much. I am not even sure if I am going to have consistent internet and if I have to rely on the library, then... yup posting is going to be rare because I don't like the library much :P I'll try my best to reply quickly so you don't have to wait so be patient.

But if everything goes well here are a bunch of things I better list down to remind me what I need to start when I play since I will have a lot of things in my mind.
  • Start flashback with Fraha
  • Start flashback with Markus (aka Marky Mark)
  • Make up a ghost story for Aello
  • Continue trying to make the most lethal midget with Xalet
  • Dream thread (hope it will be awesome)
  • Underground rat fighting (ftw)

Priority things I need to get done as soon as I can, brrrrrrr...
  • Get back magic (anyone wanna help? :P)
  • Meet Sagallius
  • Work on being a spy
  • Finish modded thread in Kennel's with Levi before season is over.
  • Take advantage of the Sunberth chaos
  • Rat-man (lots of stupid work)
  • Hit on kontis (through gambling of course)
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on October 9th, 2011, 6:05 am

Reading, its a lot different from understanding. If I use a word for example, like "food" what would you think? Of course you will think about food but does that mean you are thinking of the same thing as I am? No, but what if it comes in a sentence? Something along the lines of "I like to eat food" would tell you that I do like to eat food and however you want to put it, you can't do anything else like say that I do not like to eat food to change that fact no matter how much you try and how badly you want to see it changed.

The point I am making is simple. Not that I am hungry even if I am while I am typing this but also that people can very easily interpret things differently from what you are saying despite what context you put it in. Not good people, not good at all! It has an adverse effect on everyone. You make me look like a fool at my expense just because you cannot or refuse to read or understand properly what I am saying. I will not go into details but you know who you are when I am saying this. To anyone at that time it is obvious that I am talking about what was happening in a thread and asking someone what was going on in it since I am interested. You had to be oversensitive and get offended for no reason (really?) to think that I meant it OOC and get me and the other guy into trouble and that is not cool at all.

Ohhhhh yes, frankly I have experienced things like this a lot and its pretty much frustrating. You do something, heck its you who are doing it so you should know best what it is you are doing right? So why is it when people misinterpret what you say you are the one who ends up with the crap despite you explaining it in a way people should understand? Simply put its because they don't want to understand, or they want to get you into trouble. Its always this situation in chat I see. People seeing something happening, not understanding what is going on but then add fuel to the fire or they just want trouble to happen and become part of it because they want to be one of the cool kids.

Understand this, you are not one of the cool kids. Despite you getting your momentary time of attention and stardom in the long run you just look bad to me or anyone else who notices it and then what? Simple. I'll just avoid you because you are not worth it. I know who are a few of you and then when I see you I have a predetermined judgement of how you are and so I just do not like you. Simple as that. Its bad for you because I don't like you, and its bad for me because then I will be missing out on you. So don't make me do something like that because of your own insecurities.

You see things your way just as I see things my own way. But someone has to be willing to see what is going on properly before hastily going into it like saying "oh, he is doing this and I don't like it because..." despite how he is doing the thing because as I say, you are causing unnecessary problems.

Probably what I typed is confusing, heck its confusing even to me since I am so damned tired but I just want to get the idea across. What is the idea? Don't be illiterate fools despite you playing in a "writer's" game! or be so eager to cause problems just because you can.

So are you reading, or are you reading?
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on October 12th, 2011, 12:06 pm

I reached my 500th post so I guess I should do something special, and what is that? Hint, hint the dream thread I've been wanting to do for nearly a month now XD Yeah, didn't want it to be a boring old socialization thread so I am going to make it into a kind of a game when the twist comes out later though after I posted it some people say its pretty similar to another one of Tarot's threads :( But after reading his I guess that the only similarities were that both uses masks so I guess I am going through with mine. If anyone thinks that I shouldn't tell me and I'll try and change it (though I hope that I don't have to :))

Just a little party *whistles* an innocent little party *whistles* and hopefully the madness won't change it XD And by madness you guys would know how things turn out in Miz no matter how "innocent" they are. Yeah some of the things Bob is in (or is going to be in) are really going to get him royally screwed over whether by my efforts or another person (but thats what we all love about him right?) Have fun :D Now if only I can work with the other Bob goals I need to do...

Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on October 24th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Omg am I really saying this? I guess I am which is strange since I like to act immature and fun so for me to point out an issue like this is very, very, very out of my personality. But I am just going to say WTF is wrong with you people?!? Thats right, I am talking about all you people who are on chat most of the time and possibly others in the game too.

I mean seriously. I don't care who you are, I don't care how long you played, I don't care if you are a veteran, a popular player or a storyteller because it does not really make yourself any better than the other players. Before doing or saying anything. ask yourself "is this only making me look good or is it benefiting everyone?" If you have seen how much chat regressed recently, you'd know what I am talking about right now. I've seen people badmouthing a new player by the virtue of the name he used saying things like "she was a trouble maker on the place I admined" and that "miza's gonna get some trouble with her." What are you trying to accomplish by saying that? Are you trying to get someone into trouble before you are even sure of their identity? Grow up, and don't play the victim when people point out that attitude of yours. Everyone can see what you are up to there.

And on to new players, I know everyone is excited about them. It just means more people to play with and populate the server. A good thing right? WRONG! Especially with the current practice of the rest of you. You see a new player and you go bashing them behind their backs on chat if they are not up to your standards. Remember, we were all new once and we learned eventually how the game works, plays and even about the people. I have to say that Vick's attitude yesterday was commendable. Where everyone else laughed and made a new player feel very much unwelcome, he was polite and nice throughout eventhough the new player in the end went a little bit too far.

Its not to say that the idea of not spoonfeeding them is bad, at least for the most basic things that they should be required to know like the links from the first pm, the rules and possibly the races. But remember, there is a whole ton of stuff in the lore and not even you know them all. The mechanics of the game runs differently from a lot of others. So if someone asks something a little bit obscure or which diverts a little from the main path, it won't hurt to answer or at least give a little nudge instead of being all rude and cold at their lack of knowledge. I am sure that a lot of you have a similar experience before, of a teacher, lecturer or mentor who was made a very happy person when you go to them with a question after being at a lost.

Right now its getting worse and worse with people going on all out flame wars in chat. If you have a problem, you can always resolve it privately. You don't have to take my word for it it you think I am just complaining too much. The amount of people who runs to other channels or hides out there to wait out the storm should be testament enough to that fact. Its also bringing to other problems in the same aspect. With all the troubles going on, people feel that even the slightest bit of tension or something that they do not agree with will escalate into something more bringing into what I would like to refer as a "fake safehaven." No one willing to talk about anything leisurely for fear of offending someone else with the minutest reference.

So I just want to say please, we are all here to have fun. So try not to spoil the fun of other people for your own selfish reasons. Thank you. :)

P.S. Have I mentioned how much I just love my new postbox? Thanks Caoin!

Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on October 30th, 2011, 5:17 pm

So the 50k madness is beginning tomorrow huh? I guess I'll prepare for Bob first since Superman is kinda waiting to settle some other stuff.

Date Starting Total End Total Words Written Word Goal Goal Met?
11/01 0 5012 5012 1667 Y
11/02 501210250 5238 3333 Y
11/03 10250 155635313 5000 Y
11/04 15563 20121 4558 6667 Y
11/05 20121 24032 3911 8333 Y
11/06 24032 258811849 10000 Y
11/07 11667 Y
11/08 13333 Y
11/09 15000 Y
11/10 16667 Y
11/11 25881 31310 5429 18333 Y
11/12 31310 354904180 20000 Y
11/13 35490 40253 4763 21667 Y
11/14 40253 46304 6051 23333 Y
11/15 46304 507304426 25000 Y

Date Starting Total End Total Words Written Total Goal Goal Met?
11/16 26667 Y
11/17 28333 Y
11/18 30000 Y
11/19 31667 Y
11/20 33333 Y
11/21 35000 Y
11/22 36667 Y
11/23 38333 Y
11/24 40000 Y
11/25 41667 Y
11/26 43333 Y
11/27 45000 Y
11/28 46667 Y
11/29 48333 Y
11/30 50000 Y

Planned solos:
  • Maledicting rat cloak
  • Training rats and Jinsen to fight

Sunberth partners:
  • Eridanus (Malediction)
  • Darik (Something stupid)
  • Vynia (Dangerous Myrians)

Flashbacks:
  • Kendall (Random singing or something like that in Zeltiva)
  • Ulric (Scary stuff in Ravok)
  • Xalet (Bodybuilding as usual)
  • The adventures of Marky Mark and Bobby Bob Episode I
  • Hitting on Kontis/learning medicine in Mura

Future Bob...maybe? Probably? Hopefully after this XD

Anything I missed? I hope I didn't miss anything.
Last edited by Bob Barton on September 1st, 2012, 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on November 17th, 2011, 8:54 am

50K! BWAHAHAHAHA!

It looks like it is official! I reached the 50k amount in half the time but the problem is...I started too many threads for it and now I am forced to finish them to the end :P Oh well, at least it provides a good incentive to continue on for the rest of the month instead of solely aiming on the amount of words and it also proves my awesomeness that in reaching the 50k I did not need a solo thread! They were all with other people (MWAHA! Wish I can get something special for that :P) There are still those achievement things too.

Sunberth thread goals for Fall (only three more to go. I guess I will try for them in one solo thread just like September)

September (2011)
1. Kidnap someone/be Kidnapped.
2. Kill someone Innocent or Helpless.
3. Abuse Drugs.
4. Meet a Kelvic

October(2011)
1. Have a day of Altruism to others.
2. Get into a brawl during Oktuberia and lose.
3. Attempt to incite a riot/Incite a riot unintentionally.
4. Attend a slave auction, even if you don't buy or sell anything.
November(2011)
1. Get mugged while attempting to mug someone else.
2. Investigate a mystery.
3. Take a day to bodybuild.
4. Go Swimming and drag in a dead corpse

And then there is also the MizNo goals too which keep on increasing through the month...(I just need to find out where to put the weird bits...)

Round 1
1. Visit Dictionary.com. Implement the word of the day into your NaNo posts.(I used quean)
2. Your character must encounter another character that is of a race or species that they have never met before.
3. Include both a bunny (yes, a rabbit) and a running man in the same post.

Round 2
1. BREAK SOMETHING. A bone, a weapon, some glass, some pottery, a chair... Anything, whether through rage or being a klutz. Just break it, and break it real gooooood.
2. Incorporate a pun. Need tips on puns? Pop into chat. The chat-goers pun-battle all the time.
3. Dance in the rain. It's not raining in your thread? Make it rain. THEN dance in it.

Round 3
1. Be the man (or woman) with the plan, or help someone else with theirs
2. Interrogate or "persuade" someone for/about something you want in a "good way" (take this literally or use your imagination)
3. Give someone something nice with something bad (on purpose or by accident) like for example: bitter sweetrolls or roses with bees

Round 4
1. Embarrass yourself in order to get something you want such as a kiss from a girl or boy or a free meal for example.
2. Experience a bad day where nothing seems to go right; unexpected hazards threaten to harm you, you step in horse manure, your pants rip at the crotch, your pick-pocketed, these all could be examples of things that would happen to screw up your day.
3. Encounter a flora or fauna that is not known to you; nature of the encounter is up to you.

Do I feel overwhelmed that I have to do all of this? No, not really because its not like I have to and they are pretty darn fun. It is not even that hard getting to the 50k because all you have to do is what you always do here (For those of you who don't know what I mean, its just type and have fun :P) and for the goals I only need to dump the elements into wherever I want to once I see the chance to do so.

But is this a scrapbook or a status report? Following the trend I am just going to give me thoughts on something. Its not really that big a deal, or maybe it is depending on how you might look at it but I pretty much thought that the game would be easier than it is now when it comes to building up your PC. Not that easy but at least acceptable? But some of it is very inconsistent to me (if you have not noticed by now I am talking about xp awards) Some STs give shitloads to other PCs for less (or maybe I am just biased because I am comparing them with my own threads) and some STs give really punitive amounts to me (same reasoning from the above maybe?) But yeah...I am like 600+ posts and I have yet to get any expert skills while other people have like one...two...three...whatever and its depressing. While I do play for fun, sometimes getting bullied or taunted (this is just an expression, it did not really happen unless it is by accident :)) just because of my lack of skills compared to the others is not.

So yeah...would it really hurt you guys to give at least a one for something that I did in a thread? It is not even a one to two sentence kind of thing unless there is really nothing I can do about it. Some of them go on for paragraph(s) or the whole post itself. And pretty much, the experience is for my efforts in trying to portray something in the thread isn't it? (or am I mistaken?) So why is it that you can give me an argument that my own efforts do not matter and it is only my character's efforts in using that skill? Or that one post completely on a skill which is of a few paragraphs do not matter to any experience because you don't think its detailed enough? Or that my character did not do enough even for a one because in that given situation he cannot do too much? That totally does not make sense (at least to me) I would be better off not wasting my time and energy going into detail about everything which is done and that my character thinks about it tojust finish it off with one boring sentence just so you can justify giving me a low amount or nothing at all.

The worst part of this is that nowadays when I am not doing anything for myself I end up just looking through new thread awards by STs and file them into my mind as [go to] and [not go to unless I really need to]. This is not because they are not nice people (because some of them to me are really fun to talk to and roleplay with) but because well...I just don't want to get dragged down and lag behind the other people who know better about who to go to. Call me being greedy if you will or just ugly human nature rearing its ugly head but I seriously cannot change my perception and views of things.

Conclusion? I am not trying to point fingers or tell you how to do things but...but...really... Its very disheartening to experience something like this especially when it comes to certain threads like solos (which I need to plan for nearly a week to keep it interesting and then only type it out in order to get specific skills, only getting those skills after lengthy PMs or they will come out as a ZERO) or threads which I open for others (again plans with more plans depending on the changes to still keep things interesting) When I initially saw the experience system for the first time I actually thought it as a good motivator to steer my PC towards a specific goal to improve but now? I actually see it as a hindrance of what he can do because even the slightest difference or deficit can really annoy you and getting to the point you want is made even more frustrating by miserliness.

The journey is also about the feeling you get with your find at the end.
Last edited by Bob Barton on November 29th, 2011, 11:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Halcyon on November 24th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Bob - I'm going to make this short and sweet.

Grading is HARD and VERY TIME CONSUMING. Until you are an ST, I don't think anyone will every truly appreciate what we do. I have only been an ST for a week or so, and I am seeing a lot of the behind the scenes things. You won't believe the extent to which ST's and Founders go to make this place what it is.

There's more to it than just grading a thread. We have rules and guidelines. We have standards. It's not just "Oh I like that word, I'll give you a 5 in ____." No way. We read EVERY BIT OF YOUR THREADS. At least, I know I do. One of the first threads I graded was 8 pages long, and it was Aidara, Sira, Renol, and Kovac. Very descriptive, full of passionate, in-depth writing. I loved it and it took me 3 days but I got it done and awarded their XP and Lores. I try to take things in consideration. We miss things sometimes.

Hear that? WE MISS THINGS SOMETIMES. It's true, and it's called human error. Really and truly, we don't read your thread and say "Ehh, no XP for Bob" or anyone for that matter. Like... It's more complicated than you'd think. I got so caught up in reading Sira's "Cooking away her Frustrations" thread that I had to go back and double check my award. I try to be thorough, because I know you all work hard to write these threads.

On the other hand, sometimes players get caught up in "Man I just need a solo to train for _____ XP." They throw something together and it's completely sloppy and poor and we have to award accordingly. I usually am open to PM's about what I may or may not have missed in a thread. Some ST's just really honestly miss things. Keep in mind, your threads are not their world. There's a stack of others probably waiting on them, not to mention their own posts for their PC's and LIFE.

For future reference, don't bash us ST's. It's very "disheartening" to put so much time into having to read and dissect every little tender word you write, type up an award, and then double check and post. Chances are, if you didn't get the points you wanted,

A. Someone missed it by mistake.
B. You didn't perform up to the standards for which we grade by.
C. We read this and felt severely under-appreciated.

I know C. applies to me after reading this scrap. We all perceive things differently. You may think you described every little detail in excruciatingly beautiful detail, but someone else may say, "....Huh?" It's hard, Bob. It really is.

I propose that if you ever feel like you aren't justly awarded, POLITELY PM the ST, quote a couple of things for reference, and just be like "Hey I feel like I worked really hard on this skill, and I was wondering if you would take a double look at it and let me know what I could do to get more XP out of it next time?"

I personally would definitely be much more willing to help someone out if they were honest and genuinely asking me to consider a different grade. I would gladly give you ideas of what I look for in a 5. I want to give you guys amazing awards for your amazing work! It makes me feel good to see you guys feel good. I'm sure other ST's feel exactly the same. It's why we become ST's. For YOU, the players. Take a look at it from our perspective.

I promise, a sweet polite PM will get you much better results than a scrap like this that undermines what the ST's are doing FOR YOU. We volunteer for this. We aren't paid, and we don't HAVE to grade your stuff.

Thanks for reading. :)
Halcyon
But what's the world without enigma?

Words: 33815
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 12:51 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Ronan on November 24th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Bob: If you have concerns over a ST's grading, surely it would be best to consult them in a PM, or, as Gossamer asked recently, let her know privately. This probably isn't the best place to put your concerns.

P.S, in the grand scheme of things, does getting 'expert' level in a skill matter? If getting skill points is so important to you, I've got a feeling Mizahar isn't the right game for you.
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)