Men can go shopping too!((Private))

Is this a regular boring shopping thread? I hope not.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on September 8th, 2011, 1:09 am

oocThis is a thread about Darik using some of the money he required from Killroy’s. If a moderator has a problem with the prices I listed in the thread ((too high or too low)) please tell me so I can change them, because some of them aren’t in the price list. Also the npc doesn’t do anything to benefit Darik, he actually ends up stealing some of his profits. And well.. he also makes it a intresting thread instaid of insanely bland.
1st Fall, Av 511
P.C present: Darik

Money is good. Darik had never known what it would be like to possess a vast quantity of money, till the first day of Fall. He received his pay from Killroy, the owner of the establishment Darik worked at. For all the things wrong with Killroy, he did have one great trait, he kept his promises. In fact he actually seemed so offhanded about giving Darik his rightful pay. He handed over the bag without a fuss and then just left Darik alone with the bag of money. He had heard about the rewards of working, but he hadn’t figured that they were actually true. Most times stories deceived people, but this one was one hundred percent true. He worked hard and then he got paid for his efforts, quite simple really. And, his job provided him a safe lodging to sleep at night. Maybe working wasn’t so bad afterall.

Now what to do with the money? He couldn’t bring it into town, that was asking to be mugged. No, he needed to keep it in a secure place were he could siphon off the money. He walked upstairs and noticed the old footlocker by the bed. He would put the money in there, even though it had no lock or security system. Ohh well, it was better than leaving it out in the open. Darik needed some kind of security system fast.

As Darik existed the rank stable, which was also his home, he didn’t give a wave to Killroy. Why would he? That man always took everything the wrong way. Making sure he got to town fast, he started running. Why? Other than Darik is an A class runner, his money was all alone in Killroy’s stable. That isn’t a comforting thought for him. As he ran, he slowly sped up. The idea of his money, that he worked so hard for, being stolen was unbearable. As his feet pattered against the dirt road, his mind searched for ideas. One of them was in town he would get a body guard to guard him and his money while he shopped. Not the best, but hay, Darik isn’t exactly a Gadgetter. But at least he can run! And run he did, his breath and swing of his arms going at the same rhythm. Dam he was breathing hard.

His motion came to an abrupt stop when he ran into a boy. The boy was clad in finely crafted clothes unusual to most of Sunberth’s inhabitants. It must not be everyday a lower class man ran over him, because both of them took a tumble. He was up much quicker than Darik, proving his ability to escape. He had already drawn a dagger and was pointing it at Darik’s throat. No one wears clothes like that without some sort of protection.

”Wahit,” Darik said trying to get the words out. Being forced to speak for your life after a run is cruel indeed. ”pease, don’t, do, that, let, me, get, up.” Yes, Darik said please, well pease if you are looking for the out of breath word. Because of his run, every word he said caused him to almost collapse a lung. You could almost say the boy took his breath away.

The fairskinned boy took a step back giving room for Darik to stand up. Darik didn’t act upon that notion, the fall had taken the breath out of him. He just made himself crisscross applesauce on the floor. The boy realizing Darik wasn’t going to move, spoke. ”Are you trying to mug me?” His voice sounded much more mature than he looked, creating an illusion of sorts. He must know his intimidation to a single digit, because it was quite effective.

“No, I would never do that! I was just trying to” He couldn’t lie, he was much to frightened. If he finally got money and died, then his life would have sucked. ”go clothes shopping.” Darik hung his read his cheeks going bright red. No self respecting man would ever say that in public. Well on that line of thought no man has ever been killed by an aristocratic boy.

Fate must be on his side because on the word clothes the boy’s smile lit up. When he spoke his voice was much more childish, actually sounding normal. “Ohhh, clothes! How much do you have to spend?” The boy started to lower his dagger and slid it back into his shirt. There must be some hidden compartment in his robe.

The events had changed sharply in just a few moments. The boy spoke about clothes like it was his life. Ha, sissy! His approach had surprised Darik so much he gave a straight forward answer. ”Umm… one hundred fifty gold mizas.” Darik didn’t know, but the bag had a lot of gold coins.

The boy eyed him up to down. He knew something was wrong with the words Darik painted. “Did you kill for the money? Because I don’t like killers. Off job of course. Off job? What, does he kill on job?

“It’s from my job. I worked really long and hard for it.” Darik was offended, he works and then no one believes him.

“I see one problem with this, you obviously have no sense of pride or fashion.” He eyed Darik’s clothes with disgust. ”I can help you become so much more gorgeous for a percentage of seventy mizas you spend.” A boy talking about fashion, wonders never cease popping up in Sunberth.

“That’s insane. I don’t need clothes that bad.” Well not fine looking clothes. Darik does need clothes, otherwise its asking the inhabitants of the town to take advantage of him.”How about, five percent.” Back and forth they haggled, the kid giving more way than Darik. Finally Darik laid his final price.

“This is wasting my time, twenty five percent, take it or leave it.” Darik was serious, he didn’t know how much haggling he could take.

“Well you’re not as stupid as you look. I accept. Just a word of warning, if you don’t fork up my side of the profits I will slid this dagger” He wiped out his dagger into view again. “into your throat. Now were did you hide your money.” Once the dagger disappeared he plastered a big grin onto his face.

Darik sat there dumb folded as the boy knew he didn’t have the money on him. “How, how, how”

The boy cut him off before he could continue. ”That’s a lot of money. You have no bulges that size on you, so lead on.” The kid held out a hand to lift Darik up. When Darik was standing upright the boy didn’t let go. His grip was like winter, there was no escape from it. As they walked, Darik was too tired to run, the boy gave him a discreet wink. Odd, but he kept walking. Once they reached the stables, they were greeted with the sight of Killroy.

For once Killroy seemed caught off guard. “Lennith?” The boy’s name must be Lennith. Or Killroy forgot Darik’s name again. You never know with Killroy.

“Hay Killroy!” Lennith gave a little femine wave towards Killroy. His pitch also changed a bit higher, showing he had a vast talent of voice modulations. As Darik made the way to the bedroom with Lennith in tow, Killroy followed.“Why are you here? You’re not supposed to come to me till two weeks later.” To fix some damaged equipment right? Darik opened his footlocker and saw his large pouch of coins untouched. The bag was soon taken from the darky depths of the footlocker by Darik. And it was quite heavy. As Darik lifted it out, Lennith’s eyes strayed towards it, till they zoomed back to Killroy.

“I am here for him sir.” Well with the handholding Darik could conclude who he was talking about him. “and I will take that, for extra assurance, of course. He grabbed the bag from Darik before he could even protest. He then hung the bag around his belt putting it in a much better position. Darik just grumbled slightly, Lennith’s straightforward attitude was obnoxious but strangely enduring.

“Oohh, so Dariks going to have some fun. What it would feel like to be young again…” They headed back and reached the exit door. “Have a good time! And Darik make sure you tell me all about it.” Did that conversation between Lennith and Killroy disturb anyone else? Killroy also shoved both Darik and Lennith out of the shop. That’s what I call tough love.
Last edited by Darik on September 25th, 2011, 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Darik on September 14th, 2011, 10:57 pm

oocMeep, I don’t see a shop, ohh well, time to make one! :P
Darik and Lennith walked together to who knows were. This time Lennith was leading, he obviously had an idea were they should go. Darik didn’t, like Lennith had so kindly stated, he didn’t go shopping that often. Actually, the last time he had shopped was with his mother, which was forever ago. So, it was going to be an exhilarating and thrilling adventure! At least Lennith made it seem that way. Knowing Sunberth it would be certainly interesting, but maybe not so much beneficial.

Lennith tried to make Darik talk as they walked, but all of his efforts were complete failures. Anyone that was a close friend’s of Killroy must be devoid of all morals. Not that Darik had many, but he still had a few. Unless he would get paid for skimping them. So did he have any morals? Yep, Darik was just like every other inhabitant of Sunberth, a hypocrite.

The two interlinked boys arrived at a checkpoint of sorts, the Gate to the Gated Community. Darik didn’t know why they were here, but quite frankly he was scared. You have no idea what these people would do to a thief like him. Yet, Lennith led through the gaping gates with a protesting in Darik in tow. In fact he sensed Darik’s doubt, and pulled even harder. He wanted to enter the Gated Community and he wasn’t going to be denied. No one stopped them as they walked through the gates, but the guards seemed alert. The boy had obviously been here before. Either he was taking him to a very high class clothe shop, or he was leading Darik into a mugging trap. He couldn’t change whatever would happen, he would just have to go with the flow.

Luckily, the kid seemed to be honor bond. He led him through the streets that were crowed with armored men. All of the men in armor seemed similar for some reason but Darik didn’t dwell on it for long, he had some shopping to do. The first store Lennith led Darik into was “Finest Furniture everywhere.” It was obviously cliché, but then again what wasn’t? When they entered the store, they were beset with a variety of sites. Beds, carpets, curtains, almost everything imaginable was contained in the huge shop. Darik had never seen all this finery in one place, and didn’t even knew it existed, especially in Sunberth! While Darik had his jaws drooped Lennith kept up with his forwardness. He walked up to the clerk, a lady of about her twenties. ”Madam, we would like to buy some of your finest furniture.” Wait, I thought they were buying clothes!
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Darik on September 18th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Darik’s mouth formed letters but Lennith gave a sharp jab to his ribs before he could speak. He leaned close to Darik so only he could hear. ”If you have fine clothes you must also have something fine to store it in. ” Unknowest to Darik, the slightest drip of djed flowed out of Lennith’s mouth trying to sway Darik. He had this feeling before so he had built up a very, very slight, passive immunity to it. But because it was so slight, Darik had to agree with Lennith’s decision.

The madam waited patiently with a smile on her face. She must have had more than a few incompliant visitors before.“What would you like dears?” She had thrown the ball into Lennith’s court. Darik didn’t know what he wanted because he didn’t know anything about furniture. Except beds, and that really didn’t qualify. “We would like a good wardrobe and a chest.” What's a wardrobe? You store your war equipment in it? Darik didn’t really know, it sounded like such a foreign word. Well he would fine out when Lennith would make him carry it to Killroy’s.

”Well, that will be eighteen gm.” EIGHTEEEN GM!!! WTF! That was six days of work. Darik was about to rip off the clerk’s head but Lennith walked to her and started to quietly whisper to her. Darik slowly calmed down with some breathing techniques, he knew first hand it was impossible to deny Lennith. So he would convince the lady to lower the price to four gm.

After a very reasonable amount of conversation Lennith stepped back. The madam then spoke again. “With your special discount it will be seven gm.” Well it isn’t four, but it's better the eighteen. Lennith picked out nine gold coins from the bag and laid it on the counter. The madam inspected the money before putting away in something under the counter. Darik saved that information in case he ever wanted to rob a place like this. A sense of dread still crept up on him as he knew the more money you spend the heavier it is. How were two boys going to carry it to Killroy’s? ”Are you going to be buying more stuff at other prestigious locations?

“Of course we are!” Lennith said genuinely offended. ”I am sorry, young sir, but you never know. So were do you want all the supplies delivered?”Wait, they will deliver? Darik was starting to like this place better and better. Now if only their prices weren’t so outrageous… “Killroy’s. The madam finally noticed Darik and stared at him. She seemed to piece together the situation quite quickly. Do you want guards? The clerk said the word particularly hard.

“no thanks” Lennith yelled as they walked out. What were guards? Darik may never know… One thing was certain though, Lennith was quite powerful. ”so…” Darik struggled on how to piece together his sentence so he didn’t sound like a idiot. “how did you convince her to decrease the price?” “Ohh that’s was easy, I just told her what my job was and then she gave me special privileges.” What was his job, A fashion designer?
Last edited by Darik on October 8th, 2011, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Darik on September 23rd, 2011, 10:56 pm

Darik and Lennith kept walking through the Sun Birth’s section of the town. Darik had no idea where they were heading. At least Lennith knew were he was going. As they walked he pondered what were the guards the shopkeeper had mentioned. What’s wrong with guards, and why would Lennith deny them? They guard things!

After too much thinking for Darik’s tiny brain, they reached another shop. Darik didn’t get to see the sign but he figured it was another completely ridiculous name. The clerk this time was a much older lady. Much, much older. I don’t know how old, but she looked old. Like all ladies who grow old she was grouchy. “What do you two miscreants want?” She said with a hint of malice mixed in.

”It’s just me and a friend Gretchen! We have a lot of money to spend.”It looked like he was on a first name basis with lots of people. Also why did he keep telling people he had lots of money, that was asking to be mugged. ”Also the sister shop is doing one of the regular deals that they sometimes carry out.”

Money seemed to have a positive impact on everything.”Ohh, I am so sorry Lennith!” Her voice was much more happy and grandma like. ”Now let’s get your friend situated. Did you get guards?” She grabbed him by the hand and pulled both him and Lennith((Lennith because he still wouldn’t let go of Darik)) towards mountains of clothes. If you thought you could wear it, it was there. “Nope, that’s not my style.” What’s his style? Some things are just confusing.

The woman started to do all sorts of measurements on Darik. He wasn’t sure how many but they did involve her writing lots of things down. Then when she was done, Lennith started to point towards random objects of clothing. She picked them up efficiently and fast. Soon Lennith stopped his pointing spree. Through the whole time, Darik had only picked up one thing, a weird type of shoe. The madam then listed off all the clothes Lennith had picked. “ Wool jacket, 2 Velvet Shirts and Breeches, one Furred Hat, two wool cloaks, and one Velvet Tunic and Doublet. Dam that was a lot of clothes! It was going to be a killer on his wallet. ” So, 25 gm and 5 sm. Gulp, that’s a lot. She also grabbed Darik’s boots he was holding. ”Plus riding boots. So 26 Gm and 5 sm. Anything else?”

”Nope.” Thank god, he would stop spending money! Darik didn’t even have any idea what most of the things the old lady had said. What’s a Doublet? Even I don’t know! As Darik and Lennith walked out of the shop, the old lady shouted. “Have a good time you two.” Finally they were back on the streets, and this time they headed for the gates. Yes, they were done shopping! Or so Darik thought…
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Darik on September 25th, 2011, 3:27 pm

When they were out of the Gated Community Darik felt like he could finally breath again. The place seemed like a prison. Guards everywhere and everyone one seemed so alert. It was very odd. He hoped he would never have to visit that place again. He probably wouldn’t, unless Lennith betrayed him of course. If he did then Darik would be out for blood, specifically Lennith’s blood

“We have some time to kill before the shipment is ready. So what do you do for fun?” This completely caught Darik off guard. What did he do for fun? This seemed so unbusiness like it was crazy.

Darik thought about the question for awhile. What did he do for fun? Obviously, mugging people, but that isn’t a group activity. He couldn’t answer till a brilliant idea dawned on him. “follow me!” Darik started tugging him to a unknown destination. Lennith tried to ask were but Darik wouldn’t answer. It would be a surprise.

They finally reached the destination, The Knight’s Armory. Lennith started trying to resist Darik but the young human male was too intent on entering. When they came in, they were beset with a wide variety of views. It would take to long to describe them, but it was an odd configuration for sure. One of the smith’s walked up to them and said ”Ohh, great another gay couple. What do you need?” Why did he call him gay? Ohh ya, he was holding Lennith’s hand.

Lennith, seeing the disgust on Darik’s face, tried to take advantage of it. ”We could—“ Darik for once cut off Lennith. He tightened the grip while giving a smile to Lennith. He wasn’t letting go of Lennith while he his hard earned money was resting in his hand.

”I would like to get two locks that fit one key.” Lennith didn’t speak, he knew Darik was in control…for now. ”Very well, that will be fourty gm.” It was a small fortune, but it would be worth it. Darik had Lennith count out the money, and soon the blacksmith retuned with two locks and a key. He put the key in a pouch then handed it to Darik. Darik, put the pouch around his neck and he could have swore that Lennith was looking at the key greedily.

Once they left the shop they started to heads towards Killroy’s. It was going to be interesting talking to Killroy, he hadn’t exactly notified him that he was putting furniture in the room. But then again he hadn’t even known himself. While they were walking a stranger garbed all in black stepped in front of them. ”Would you like something that will make all your dreams come true? Its only one gm!”

All of his wildest dreams come true? That sounds awesome! Lennith, thinking the same thing quickly traded over a gm. The man then handed this pack to Darik and said ”Use it wisely.” He then walked off giving some cackling laugh. Wait a second… did he just get scammed? Dammit!

modThe package is drugs. Must... complete...thread...goals.
Last edited by Darik on October 7th, 2011, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Darik on September 25th, 2011, 4:14 pm

The two of them reached Killroys. Killroy was going berserk at two big strong men holding a wardrobe and footlocker. You know, it was almost comical; Killroy shouted at the men while they just stood their silently taking all the verbal abuse. When he saw Lennith and Darik he asked “Do you two have anything to do with this? I didn’t order any new furniture.”

”Darik did.” Lennith just threw Darik to the wolves. Remind me never to perform a coup with Lennith. He would turn in Darik just to clear his name and get the bounty. ”Ohh, just wonderful then. Have fun Darik!” They all followed Killroy inside, including the two burly men with the furniture. Darik wasn’t actually surprised about Killroy’s reaction, he had worked with this man for a whole season afterall.

Darik and Lennith led the carriers upstairs were they pointed out Darik’s bed. They laid the wardrobe to the right and they put the footlocker were his previous footlocker had been. What did they do with the original footlocker? They just moved it to the side. It would have been fun to smash it up, but it was Killroy’s property afterall.
The men left after they set down the furniture. Lennith finally let go of Darik’s hand and threw the money on the bed. Taking a quick look, his hand was red from all the pressure he and Lennith traded. It would heal quite easily, but it was cool to look at. Thinking about cool stuff Darik opened up his wardrobe. Wow, just wow. There was a variety of colors in it that scared the jebes out of Darik. He quickly shut it and put one of the locks in it.

While Darik had been looking at the wardrobe Lennith had been in the money bag. “You spent around forty mizas, give or take a few, so I am taking my share.” In his hand were ten gold mizas. ”umm… bye Lennith.” He gave a small unemotional wave and left Darik’s room. He opened his footlocker and found that there was nothing in it. He quickly resolved that situation. He put in his “package that bring delight” and his money in it. Once he closed it he put a lock on it. After he was all done, he viewed his surroundings. Well, this had sure been an interesting day. A very, very, interesting day.

The End.

Price list I used7 Gm- Good wardrobe+ chest
26 Gm, 5 sm-
Wool jacket, 1 gm
2 velvet shirts, 5 gm each
2 velvet breeches, 4 gm each
Furred hat, 15 sm
2 wool cloaks, 5 sm each
Velvet Tunic, 2 Gm
Velvet Doublet, 2 Gm
Riding boots, 1gm
--
40 Gm, two ((simple))locks and one Key
1 Gm, for a pack of drugs
10 Gm to pay Lennith for his services
So a total of:
84 Gm and 5 sm
Last edited by Darik on October 8th, 2011, 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on October 10th, 2011, 5:15 am

Thread Award

""

And the Results!!!!:

Darik :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Negotiation3
Navigation1
Running1 Going to need to see some more at this level- go marathon training :) or do speed sprints :P

Lores:
The Hand of a harlot: Lennith(basic)
The Gated Community(basic)

Item Ledger notes: Approved, please double check things before you list them on your CS.

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Part of your one by on npc stuff. All in all, interesting viewpoint of darik *_*. Note - to have a bit of resistance to hypnosis, meditation helps.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)