Just Hanging Here [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Essik on August 8th, 2011, 6:04 pm

OOCCrap. I thought that Essik was on a single story building. I wanted him a bit lower to the ground so that he could jump off the roof of the building to the ground when he acted. Oh well… I’ll make this work… LOL!

Well… Things were looking bleaker by the moment with this whole situation as he sat there, watching carefully from his perch. Part of him had known the whole time that there was someone else in the area, that nagging gut feeling that something was out of place. It was all confirmed when he saw the massive Akalak thing walk from the shadows, carrying an odd form over his shoulder. Essik couldn’t make out what he was carrying, but the guard didn’t look happy that he had to carry it. Essik sighed for a second, realizing that he was going to have a much harder time of things now that things had gotten as messed up as they had. There were now five guards and one of them was a hulking Akalak.

Essik adjusted his perch slightly, leaning forward a bit to try and get a little better look at what was going on like moving a few inches closer would help him to hear them better or help him be able to see that much better. Still, it was an unconscious action. His thoughts were dashed, though, as he heard the sound of the roof creaking under him. His eyes went wide for a moment. He had checked the roof before he moved here. It was solid. Or it had felt solid, at least. He sighed slightly a split second before the roof gave out from under him, sending him tumbling through the falling debris downward to the floor below.

And everything had been going so well…

Essik grunted in pain, the impact jarring his body as he hit the bunk that caught him. Instantly, he started scrambling to get off the bed, but was caught up as something else in the bed started flailing wilding from sudden appearance of an intruder within his/her domicile. The figure squealed in terror from the appearance of a skull faced figure landing on top of him, thrashing about like a man possessed. Essik quickly tried to grapple the man for a moment, but that was before the floor under the bed broke away, mimicking the actions that the roof above it had done. Essik made a vow to himself as he tumbled through the air once more, plummeting downward again. As he looked up to the hole in the floor he’d just passed through, he made a vow to find whoever constructed this house, and kill them in the most slow and painful method he could think of at the time.

This time, as the bed impacted on the bottom floor of the house, the pain that jolted through his body was highlighted in one spot. A searing dagger of pain flashed through his hand and up his arm on his right side. Essik gritted his teeth together, grunting trough the pain again for a second until the whole situation settled around him again. The figure was still now, unconscious from something that had happened to him during the fall. The house was quiet once more now, but Essik was pretty sure the guards would have heard something about what had just happened. So he’d have to be ready for visitors any second now. So Essik set to action quickly.

He climbed from the bed, favoring his hand for a moment until he was off the bed. He took a hold of one of the bed sheets, tearing off two small strips. He closed his eyes for a moment, taking two long, deep breaths before he reached over and pulled his broken finger back into position. He wasn’t sure if it was entirely broken or just dislocated. He’d have to figure that out later. For now, he choked down a stifled cry of pain between his clenched teeth as he pulled the finger to its original position once more. Essik looked around for a second, finding a small piece of broken wood that he placed between his ring finger and pinky before he tied the two fingers together. The wood would give his fingers a solid splint to keep them straight and his pinky would give him a good, intact anchor for the wood and broken finger to rest on. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing ever, but it would work for the moment. He knew one thing for sure, his sword was now out of the question. He couldn’t hold the hilt with only two good fingers.

Essik look back to the unconscious form of the man on the bed, thinking to himself. Another few quick shredded strips from the bed sheets saw the man bound and gagged on the bed. Essik didn’t need this uy mucking things up further when he came to. After that, Essik picked his way through the debris to find his bow. He still had 9 arrows in his climbing quiver, so he wasn’t worried about the one he lost, but the bow would be necessary, and he could still use that with only two fingers on his right hand. Once he located the weapon he made his way over to the door, peering out from around the doorframe slowly and carefully to see if anyone was close or if he could see what was going on. He had to get back into this and help whoever was still out there.
Essik
"No...."

Words: 84827
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on September 10th, 2011, 4:43 pm

OOCI'm so sorry for the delay, I've been insanely busy and even more so, plagued by writer's block.

And chaos erupted.

Darik's screams of fright brought the unwanted attention of two guards, leaving the Akalak, the Dhani captive, and the fourth guard with prizes being gambled on. "I thought I told you to get the petch out of here you short piece of shyke!" Darik hardly heard anything except the sounds of a sword sliding out of its sheath, that was about the time the rat was soaring through the air though. By tremendous stroke of luck, the panicked rodent sailed through the air and latched onto the second guard, who fell to the ground screaming as the beast went to town on his face with claws and teeth. Such a large rat could seriously cause harm.

"Red, my sweetling, red." Annassena could almost feel the devious grin of the shadows watching her from the dark alleys all around the lantern-lit square. Perhaps this is the entertainment they truly wanted?

Annassena's fangs pierced true. The warm moistness of blood flowed into her lips as she clung to the massive man. Her strength, though impressive, was not one to match a full grown Akalak, and she found herself wrenched from his body, thus tearing an ever larger hole than intended, and flung with a rage that only an Akalak could succumb to. "Bitch! I'll kill you for this!" Annassena was winded and dazed, she could glances around and see the ghost-like trails of objects moving, and the raging voice of the Akalak wasn't detected from directly in front of her, but rather around her. The only clear sound was the whisper of the shadows.

"Interesting."

The Akalak collapsed moments later, before he could even recover and pummel the Dhani, his body hit the ground with a sickening snapping sound. Unconscious now, the bite was deep, the hold was long, the poison wasn't going to be painless, but it would be swift. He would die before a bell cycled. And by the time Annassena was on her feet and partially recovered, she was roughly ten yards from a single guard, who was armed with a flanged mace, but was obviously hesitant in in approaching the Dhani. He must not have been quite so experienced. Besides, who could seriously take down an enormous Akalak like it was nothing?

Essik, well, nothing happened to him as he sat in the shadows of the dilapidated home. The sleeping man, he had yet to awaken.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Darik on September 11th, 2011, 8:31 pm

oocLevi, feel free to take all the time you need posting! :D

Dam, Darik is lucky. He could be a champion rat thrower! The rat he had thrown actually stayed in the air as it soared onto someone’s face. Who was the someone? It was one of Robern’s guards. Okay, maybe Darik isn’t that lucky. He had thought he could get away from this situation without any repercussions, but that seemed as far away as the stars in the sky now. The guard on the ground was probably going to die, you never know what rat’s like that carry. Killing a Daggerhand is like signing your death warrant.

Daggerhands don’t take too kindly about getting attacked. While one man shouted and the other screamed, sounds of metal scrapping against leather whistled in Darik’s ears. Either blows were being traded elsewhere, or the man was drawing a sword. Survivalism dictates the answer to that question. While it would nice to think fighting was going elsewhere it was very unrealistic.

He took a few steps backwards with his hands in the air to show he was harmless. It may have fooled the man if he hadn’t thrown a one eyed rat on the other man. But you never know, sometimes the most irrational thing happens. Just like Darik forgetting the position of his rocks. He lost his footing and stumbled to the side. Once his feet were both planted firmly on the ground again he spoke.

“I thought you would like to know something.” He tried to keep his voice calm and reasonable so the man wouldn’t swing. “Some mercenaries led by a man called Anthony” Did Darik just say Anthony? Yes he did! A few days ago that devilish archer had messed with him drawing all sort of signs on him. That kind of revenge is best dealt hot. "to free this man there.” He pointed to the hanging man. Something odd though, did he just wink or did a bug land get close to his eye? You may never know.

“He has around twelve men advancing on this position," Why twelve? The more he said the more scared the man would be. “so you should go get some reinforcements.” A scream of pure bloodlust reinforced his story. “Time is ticking.” If the guard believed him and ran back, Darik would go and steal all of the armor they were gambling over. If not, well… Darik would find out how fast his body really could run.

oocAlso, sorry about the short post, I couldn't do much without godmodding.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Essik on October 11th, 2011, 3:18 am

OOCSorry for the long delay. I didn't know that it was my post.

Well, things were starting to look up a little bit, it seemed. First off, no one seemed to have heard the commotion. Or at least they were currently too preoccupied about the others to worry about the distant noise. That proved useful. The massive form of the Akalak had gone down before he could even pose a real problem, it seemed. That was the best news he had heard all night. Another guard was writhing on the ground trying to get what appeared to be a large looking rodent detached from his face. So, for the moment, he was out of the picture. Another guard was advancing on the boy who had appeared by the gallows, and the second was dealing with the other one who had taken “Tiny” to the ground without much thought to it. The tables seemed to be turning it seemed. All for the better.

Essik crouched low as he moved from the doorway out into the open air, staying in the shadows as he closed a little bit of distance between himself and the group. He reached back and pulled another of the broad head arrows, knocking it onto the string with his two good fingers. He did everything he could to keep his pinky still, but it still moved now and then, sending a quick shot of pain through his hand. He gritted his teeth and focused through it for the moment. The boy looked like he was the weakest link in this whole thing, especially as he fell backwards and started scooting away from the guard on the ground. He was either playing the helpless bit rather well, or he wasn’t very good at defending himself. So Essik figured it would be best to free him up a little.

Essik knelt down onto one knee, bringing the bow up as he drew the string back. He focused the pressure of the string against his index finger, keeping as much off his pinky as possible as he drew the string back to his cheek and sighted down the shaft of the arrow. He waited for a moment, watching as the guard continued to advance on the boy, watching how quickly he was moving and compensating to lead the target a little. He waited patiently. The man was focused on the boy and not him, so he had a little bit of time. He waited until he steadied his am, holding his breath for a half a second to be sure before he released the arrow. The two tassels on the top and bottom of the bow string absorbed the sound of the vibrations running along the string as it released all its tension, leaving only the sound of the arrow tearing through the air as it soared toward its target.

Essik quickly grabbed another arrow, knocking it quickly once more and drawing again, his eyes never leaving his target until he was sure what happened with the arrow that was in flight. He drew the string once more, readying the next arrow. If he hit hs first target, he would move on to the second guard that was facing off against the woman not too far away. If not, at least his second shot on the guard could be released before the guard figured out what was going on. He hopped anyway. And if not, then his spring blades would get a little taste of blood before the night was done. That was promising as well.
Essik
"No...."

Words: 84827
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on October 24th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Hey Guys, Annassena is gone. I'll be getting to this post soon, I promise. Sorry for the wait.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous