[Malia's Scrapbook] The Final Curtain

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Re: [Malia's Scrapbook] The Final Curtain

Postby Aselia Timandre on February 28th, 2010, 7:06 pm

That sounds good, Jen. :)

So, as some of you already noticed, I've changed my PC's name from Avayra Timandre to Aselia Timandre. I also have thought about a different character concept so that I can have more fun with her. Until now she felt much more forced than RPG characters should be. After thinking about a concept for a few days, I came up with this and posted a new character sheet today. I'm really sorry if I've caused any inconveniences with the change, since I admit that it's really different from the previous one! The ic change won't be so abrupt - I plan to make a smooth transition and slowly grow into the new concept. I don't want to disappoint anyone. And even if Aselia isn't truly unique yet, she will certainly become an individual person as I continue rping with her. I will try hard to shape her into someone who's fascinating in her own way, with her own beliefs, skills and obsessions.
"To see a world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wildflower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour."
Aselia Timandre
Player

Words: 89486
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on February 28th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Darling, I absolutely love your avatar and your sig! I'm glad to have a sister like you! <3 I also love your new name as Aselia. I think your character picture is really fitting for her.
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Marishka Timandre on February 28th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Absolutely gorgeous. Just beautiful, like her player.

"I pray I may in my times of grief, remember that suffering is always brief in the hearts of those who wish to live; So sally forth, strong heart, and believe."
The Lightning Countess
~ credits to Sorian's blog for the passage.
Marishka Timandre
The Lightning Countess

Words: 59034
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2010, 7:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Malia on March 2nd, 2010, 8:37 pm

Thank you very much! Credits for finding go to Kam.

So ... Internet has been a pain for me lately. My family's laptop which I use to log in and post for Miza has got a constant problem. The screen is freezing all the time and you have to restart it. Sometimes this can happen 5 times a day. I already feel paranoid, because I have gotten used to constantly move my mouse to determine whether it froze again or not. It's also very uncomfortable, because half-written posts don't get saved when it happens. I'm afraid of losing posts and having to write them all over again ... That hasn't happened so far, so that's good. Still. It's a pain!

Anyway, I have a few plans for my characters and mod stuff for the new month/season/general future. I'm going to post them here (and hope that the screen doesn't freeze).

Malia
Self-Mod Thread about Animation
Cancelled - Adventure(s) with Cosette in Sahova
More Animation (and other?) training in Sahova
Do something about Karjin/gain allies & gather information against Kahnikivas

Aselia
Done - Get into her personality!
Done - Flashbacks in Mura
Done - Find a job in Syliras
Do some training/learn new skill(s)

Alice
Write more locations!
Attract players
Write more wiki articles

This is really just a reminder for me. Currently I'm trying to pick up the pieces I spread due to my own laziness in the past and it's going rather well right now. I hope I can be strong in the future. :)
Last edited by Malia on March 27th, 2010, 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Aneira Haimati on March 3rd, 2010, 2:16 pm

Aselia is stunning and I love her concept. :) I think that Aneira will be in Syliras for a bit longer during this season, and if you want to thread together at any time, definitely let me know. I would love to if it makes sense for your plans for Aselia!
Aneira Haimati
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:07 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Malia on March 6th, 2010, 2:32 pm

03/06/10

RPG Stuff
Done - Part of the Greater Good
Done - The Last Night
Mura Locations!

Wiki
top secret!

Recently I've been without any drive to do something for Mura. I have a new Wiki article in mind and started it today (content is a secret until completion ;) ) and I'm really eager to develop this. I hope I can make it unique and interesting for others as well. As far as the Astrology and Instrument Making plans are concerned, I'll drop them and leave the skills for someone else to develop. I've never been good with writing up skills ... Instead I love culture and society and such.

Still I think that I can get one or two locations ready this weekend. I've written up some drafts some time ago, just have to transform them into something reasonable.

My pace as Alice might slow down a bit, because I want to focus on my PCs - their lives are so interesting at the moment! If I could, I'd only write PC posts! But don't get me wrong, I still love modding other PCs, I'm just a bit ... lost when it comes to modding these days. It won't last long, I think.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on March 16th, 2010, 8:50 pm

I somehow feel that the main rambling area has been moved from the blogs to the scrapbooks, but so be it ...

Curve Ascending

Hm … I believe that although there are times when it looks like I absolutely love whining and complaining I’m an optimistic and future-oriented person. It might be true that I spend more thought on the past than most people, but at the same time I spend more thought on the future than most people. I know what I want to study; I’ve imagined how my life would be during going to university to the last detail.

Anyway, my happiness curve is ascending again. That’s a relief in so many ways … When I feel relaxed and motivated after days of literally ‘blah everything’ I can tidy up my life a whole lot better. And after such periods my life usually is in need of tidying up and getting some order in it again. I am a tidy and clean person in rl, especially when it comes to school. So, currently my head is full of plans I want to work on, goals I want to reach and obligations I am looking forward to doing because, yes, life can be fun sometimes.

And when your curve is ascending, you usually realize what you missed during your dark hours. You realize how many positive things you experience daily. You realize how happy you truly are without doing anything special. The awkward manners of a notorious teacher are a reason for a smile, as is a beautiful song you heard once and suddenly rediscover at an album where you didn’t expect it to be. Even those simple things can lead to a smile, the feeling of absolute happiness and the thought of ‘Why did I even complain? Everything is more than all right.’

To be honest, on Saturday morning my curve had reached its lowest point. Why? Because at Friday night I met with a friend I hadn’t seen in a long while, two friends I see daily and two others I had never met before. My friend (the one I hadn’t seen for such a long time) wanted to shoot a TV ad for a competition and I had agreed to be one of her actors. So after finding the right location and discussing the details, we did the thing in a short hour. Then we went back and decided to go out – mainly because the night was still young and we had nothing else to do. So I went with them. I’m truly glad that I only ordered a coke and ice tea that night, because two others got drunk from a single piña colada respectively. Maybe it’s because I’m not used to it, but I found their behavior slightly eerie and frightening. Only slightly though. I don’t want to be like them, I don’t want to get drunk. I take some weird kind of pride in the fact that I’ve never been drunk so far. After enjoying ourselves at two different locations, but never staying long, four of us ended up at MacDonald’s with burgers and fries. Around 11:30 pm the group dissolved and my friend and I returned to her apartment. Undressing and lying into bed was heaven after that …

After getting the earliest possible train home the next day I felt slightly strange. I still can’t be sure why. Maybe because I had grinned too much. Maybe because I just had to feel incredible sadness in order to cope with the extreme joy and fun and ecstasy I had experienced as some sort of natural law. I think the main reason is that that has never been and will never be my world. I don’t belong to the street, to the modern locals with loud music and dancing floors and cheap alcohol. I don’t belong to the crowds of laughing and talking people. Only after experiencing all that again I can be absolutely sure that I belong to my sheets of paper, to my computer and the fictional characters that are sometimes more real and interesting than the real world.

Don’t get me wrong though. I would never lose myself in fiction and forget reality; I’m too realistic for that. No, I’m just glad to know where my place is and I’m glad that it’s not at the street. I don’t see any sense in drinking and having fun, sometimes with people you don’t even know or like. I don’t see any meaning there, I only see repression. In comparison to that, writing truly is something greater. You experience things you never thought existed. You even start believing in god, because sometimes sentences and images develop under your hands that are greater than human. Writing isn’t human. Writing is a gift given to us by god (or the gods or the universe or whatever you believe in). We shouldn’t waste and lose our extraordinary way of seeing things in an area of the city where our senses are overloaded. Creativity is natural, and the biggest source of creativity is beautiful nature itself.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on March 22nd, 2010, 7:47 pm

I’m so sorry and I’m missing RPing terribly, but I couldn’t post for a while. Now that I’m itching to write, it’s too late to really do everything that needs to be done. Plus, there are several other things I should have done today but didn’t do. I actually thought I would be able to post more now, because I don’t have to learn anything for school this week due to some kind of project, but apparently this project is more tiring than I thought it to be. When I came home today I slept from 5 pm to 8 pm and now it’s 8:45. I usually go to bed around 10 pm and I want to post for Miza, continue writing my novel and read a book I should give back to its original owner as soon as possible. I don’t know where to begin … plus I skipped playing the violin today. I definitely should do that tomorrow or I won’t be able to show any progression to my teacher on Wednesday. Hmph.

But I can do that! I know that I can, I just have to do it step by step. THIS might result in slow posting, but you should already be used to it, right? Sadly so. After this week Easter holidays start where I should have much more time. Until that … I try to keep up. I’m sorry, again!
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on March 28th, 2010, 11:17 am

Since everyone here seems to be such a great artist (I'm kidding), I thought it'd be nice if I shared a sample of my own artwork. I’m usually drawing with pencil and a ball-pen (similar to ink) and sometimes I color it with crayon. Recently, however, I’ve abandoned the manga-esque style I've used for several years and thought about leaning towards traditional styles and materials (i.e. watercolor or charcoal). When I woke up today I had an idea for a painting, but when doing a sketch I somehow ended up copying an ad from a magazine that was lying nearby. Well, and this is the result … I wanted to keep the style realistic, and I love adding shadows with a soft pencil! I know that the shadows are partly wrong … And this isn’t scanned, as one might immediately recognize, but rather shot with a digital camera and edited with Gimp. Still I quite like the overall product. I’m open for criticism. :)

Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Aneira Haimati on March 28th, 2010, 2:23 pm

I think the drawing is lovely and wispy and delicate. I myself have never edited any artwork with Gimp or Photoshop, though I am curious about it. Whatever you did, on top of the original drawing, is very pretty. I suppose it's the lighting? I think it's flattering and natural. :)
Aneira Haimati
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2010, 12:07 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext