Nightmare Fuel -- AKA The Customer is Always Right (solo)

Kirwen leaves Fela in charge of the shop for the day.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Fela Meason on November 2nd, 2011, 3:40 am

12th Day of Fall, 511 AV

It had been almost a complete season since Fela had started working for Kirwen and even though the gold was good there were still many days that Fela regretted ever stepping a single toe in that shop. Today was one of those days.

Syna's light had barely started to shine that day when Fela blurry eyed stumbled into the shop upon Kirwen's request with a piece of jerked beef, her breakfast, hanging out of the side of her mouth. She seemed to be solely fueled by salted dried animal muscle.

Oh Fela! How wonderful to see you! Kirwen gave her what she assumed was a smile, more like a snarl from where she stood, and motioned for her to come closer. Fela raised an eyebrow questioningly. Kirwen was not nice, he was never nice and never to Fela. Worried it was a trick she cautiously approached but readied herself to duck at the first sign of flying glass.

Kirwen stuffed a lump of chocolate into his mouth with an exaggerated sigh and licked small smudges of chocolate from his lips.
Today is a grand day my lovely assistant and I must leave the shop in your capable hands for the day.

Fela opened her mouth to speak and was soon hushed by a raised hand. I have left you a detailed list of instructions with each order that needs to be filled and how to create them, don't worry my dear, each recipe is simple. Simple enough for a dumb animal like you to understand. Fela nearly breathed a sigh of relief at the insult, even under all the strange smiles and even stranger words her was still in there and every bit as grumpy. Relaxing Fela moved closer to the counter and glanced over the list of instructions.

Kirwen broadened his grin and gave Fela a child like wave.
I must go. You'll do just fine and I'll be back at dusk to help you close. I bid you farewell! And with a long legged he was out the door which gave a pleasant jingle of the bells. Fela leaned against the counter and tried to understand what had just happened. This was going to be a long long day for the already tired jaguar.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on November 3rd, 2011, 2:46 am

12th Day of Fall, 511 AV

Bells past with no excitement, Fela used the time to sweep the shop and organize the multitude of dried and powdered herbs under the counter. With Kirwen in such a "good" mood this was a good a time as any for her to do some much needed maintenance of the shop without fear of bodily harm.

The jars were now all arranged from largest to smallest and tallest to fattest. Fela smirked, this wasn't going to help anything. There were still no labels on anything and after many failed attempts she has learned not to open random jars for a sniff. Giving up on organizing the jars any further Fela turned to the list of things to do for the day. She had four orders to fill and three of them did not look so bad: A common salve for a rash, a beauty peel for an overly entitled merchant's wife and a satchel of flower heads with no description as to what it was for. The last item on the list is what really intrigued Fela. She had never seen a recipe as complex as this one before, half of the herbs listed she had never heard of and the tools used and methods were well beyond anything Kirwen had ever showed her before.

A small groan escaped her lips. Despite his cheery attitude, which she still believed to be false, she knew that if she mucked this one up she was one skinned cat. No one would be able to find all the pieces of her to put her back together. Fela was an herbalist...she contained knowledge. Some of it was useless but that's what her specialty was, knowledge not action. This was all action.

Looking over the prep times listed she knew this was going to take some time and had better start right away.

Ingredients:
  • Powdered Caesia
  • Blood Berries of Thall
  • Cinnamon Oil
  • Aloe
  • Arjuna Flowers

Another groan. Caesia? Blood Berries of Thall? Fela has no clue what those looked like, taste like, smelled like or even came from. She glanced over the list again...Arjuna Flowers! Those were very familiar! She shuddered at the thought of having to ever climb one of those trees again. Those little yellow flowers, so pale and delicate...and so high off the ground on such little feeble branches.

Well. I have to start somewhere and that is as good as any. Fela opened back up the cabinet and scanned through the jars...AHA! Fela's hand shot out and grabbed a large jar from the back and removed the cloth. The gentle floral scent drifted towards her and brought a small smile to her face.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)