Not my favorite robe! (Amarhyl)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Almech on December 6th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Almech laughed "How is that unfair to me? I only keep my things in my room. I pay rent for it and i don't even sleep there, if anything is unfair, it's the fact that you're staying at an inn, I don't know of the one you speak of, but, when there's a perfectly free, vacant bed you can use, how can you pass it up?" his logic made sense to him anyway. Then her question came "So, if I wanted to find a library, I would just walk and take the routes the city leaves open to me?". Almech knodded his head for a moment as he thought about the question "Come to think of it, i'm not sure if i've even seen a library, but then again, how can i notice one if i don't know what one is" he chuckled to himself. The buildings had writing on them, he didn't understand this, he recognized they were used to distringuish different buildings, but he didn't know what they meant. The few places he'd visit regularly, he'd simply recognize a pattern of squiggly lines and know what the building held, he knew the symbols for tavern, and Ionu's mercy but that was the extent of his knowledge when it came to written words. He then cleared his throat as he began explaining a bit more about the streets of Alvadas.

Almech turned to her and smiled a bit "Well, I wouildn't say that, nonetheless, you want to walk with the streets, not against them, things like what just happened to me are usually the outcome, but I enjoy living a bit dangerously. I'm a warrior afterall, being in a city that constantly has you on your toes is perfect for people like myself, just like a fight, you never know what's going to happen". The streets shifted again, they walked past a flower stand, Almech could smell them, one type in particular caught his interest, he stopped and looked at the vendor. He held out some coin and pointed at the flower "How much for one of those?" he asked, the woman looked at the mizas in his hand and grabbed a few copper pieces, she smiled "Have a nice day". Almech turned to his new found friend, or atleast, he hoped she was his friend, he was still a bit sketchy with people but his time in Alvadas had lightened him up quite a bit. He turned to Amarhyl and presented her with the flower "I had to get it, it smells like you, please accept this gift" he said cocking his head slightly and a grin formed on his face. His hand shook nervously as he awaited for to take it, and a question popped into his head "Amarhyl, what exactly is a library?.

His ears perked, showing genuine interest, but food was now on his mind, something he didn't like to ignore for very long. His stomach growled and he kept blinking as he looked at her, trying to keep himself from salivating. He couldn't help but picture himself out in the wilderness, maybe feast on a rabit, he liked rabit a lot. He had an anxious look about him as he unconciously sunk one of his teeth into his lip, a droplet formed and had it not been for Almech licking the blood away it would have fallen on this woman's coat. There was a look of tension about him again, his compulsive dog mind was trying to take him over, suddenly his body shivered like a dog trying to dry off, his eyes then opened wide. He didn't like being so impulsive, but he couldn't help it "Hungry" he said simply "Food" he paused for a moment "Water too" he snorted, on accident. He had startled himself doing this in front of Ama, but he could only hold out so long before his animal side came to try and take over, his nose flared sniffing at the air, his eyes dialated. His mouth opened and he began panting, something he always tried to keep under control, the Akalak Iktos taught him breath control when they were prisoners together. He looked at Ama "I, I really want something to eat, please, show me which building i should go into, you know those symbols right?" he kept blinking rapidly, all the different smells that filled his nose, he could smell food being cooked nearby, he just hoped they'd be able to get to it.
When i'm thinking
"When i'm talking"
Almech
Just a Dog

Words: 92325
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2011, 2:56 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amarhyl on December 13th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Amarhyl squirmed internally for a few moments before looking back over to Almech. ”Okay... okay, I’ll come and see the... Avain Manor did you say?” She supposed that his words made sense. Of course, she wouldn’t let him pay for a room she would be using, but she would sort that out at another time. As he continued on, she listened carefully as he explained the streets to her. Walk with the streets... I suppose that makes more sense. In any case, she was definitely not about to try careening down them at breakneck speed like he had obviously been doing. She nodded absently; she didn’t really know what being in a fight was like, but she’d seen a few to understand.

She paused by his side as he stopped at a stand. Amarhyl glanced round as things stopped shifting. She wasn’t quite as surprised this time, but she still found it a little unnerving. When a flower appeared in front of her, held in Almech’s hand she smiled before taking it. ”Thank you!” She raised it to her nose and sniffed the bloom. She had no idea what she really did smell like, but if it was anything close to the scent of the flower then she was happy. She was so intent on the flower that she almost missed his question.
“A library? It’s a place where books are kept. People can go and read them, or borrow them for a bit to take home.”

She looked over at him again, confused as he appeared to be rather worried. She nodded at his request and spun, examining the buildings. The Cubacious Inn was a little way up the street; she had recognized its distinctive shape. Amarhyl raised her arm and pointed.
”Over there. It’s where I’m staying, they sell food.”
She found it curious that he couldn’t read, but of course she had no idea what a Kelvic upbringing was like. In any case, if he decided to head to the Inn she’d follow after him.
Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56680
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Almech on December 14th, 2011, 9:48 am

Almech smiled at her warmly as she accepted the flower, and was delighted to see she liked it "You're welcome" he said after she'd thanked him, it was the first time he'd seen enthusiasm like that. After a short pause he spoke again "Not only do you share a similar scent, you two have a few more things in common" he knodded at her pointing out a resturaunt and started walking towards the cubacious inn. He waited a moment before he finished his statement "You are both beautiful and delicate as well" they reached the inn, which was an amazing sight itself, Almech had never seen anything like it. They entered one of the yellow cubes, Almech found a two seat table and sat down, he and Ama sat across from eachother, Almech ordered his food "I want meat, please" he felt kind of out of place here. He looked up at Ama "So libraries carry books? that you read? reading is understanding the symbols on the buildings right?" he asked, reading? books? this was a new subeject for Almech.

He recieved his food and he inspected it closely "What is this?" he'd never seen meat that was cooked before, he picked it up "It's, hot, brown, and smells funny" he took a bite. He chewed a few times and his eyes shot open wide and he spit the bite he took back onto his plate "What the hell is that?" he said as he began picking his teeth with his claws. Finally he recieved what he really wanted, a big fresh piece of raw meat, it smelled like pork, he grabbed it with his bare hands and tore a large chunk from it, blood slowly dribbled onto his plate, people started staring at him. He looked back up at Ama and before she could answer his question he spoke again with a mouth full "Tell me about this Syliras you spoke of, I haven't really heard anything about it" he then looked around "Why are people staring at us?". He took another bite of his pork chewed a few times and with a loud gulp swallowed it down.
When i'm thinking
"When i'm talking"
Almech
Just a Dog

Words: 92325
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2011, 2:56 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous