[Jaeden's Scrapbook] The Party Tent

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Diane on November 18th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Dear Nate,

I am feeling sorry for you as a worker in having to do so much as the job,especially when the customers are being such a pain in the butt,so I can use a more "nicer" word.I don't understand at that point,how can so many of Them don't even bother of putting the shoes back into the right boxes or even to throw the trash where it's belong.

I bet they really don't know how much the persons from the Staff are working to put everything in order so after like a round of few minutes the department turns to be such a mess,as if the aliens went there..I would call those customers "pigs",I sincerely can't call them otherwise. >_>

I wish I could just kick them off.. -sighs- But,of course you can';t do that..instead working your butt and back for people like them,and gather Their mess[again nicer word]..I despite that,and I really am sorry of you having to go through that. T.T

""If I let you love me..be the one Adored -will you go all the way ?.."
Diane
Though One..

Words: 68175
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Location: *Everything is different.I am different..nothing will be the same again..*
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on December 11th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Double Edged Dream

I tend to have very vivid dreams. Most of them tend to turn out to be weird. Like throwing a party that A-list celebrities show up to, only to have them all hanging out in my small bathroom, fixing their hair or make-up. Or walking around town wearing nothing but a towel, and instead of people pointing a laughing, they all talk to me as if this was a perfectly normal. I wouldn’t call my dreams happy, sad or nightmarish most of the time, but they all are sometimes so very vivid, that I’ll have no concept of them being a dream until I wake up and am snapped back to reality. One instance I had a dream that I was holding a baby who proceeded to suck along my shoulder. It all felt so real that as I was waking up, I could still feel the sensation of the little tikes lips along my skin all the way to the point before opening my eyes. It’s because of the vividness that I tend to remember most of my dreams(truth is, that at least 20% of my story ideas for writing tend to originate in some form or fashion from a dream I had at some point).

The vividness of my dreams may be something that seems nifty or cool to some people, but it’s like a double edged blade some of the time. Nightmares, for instance, have me waking up with a violent jerk of my body, sweating like crazy and having my heart and breathing in a panic. I even remember one dream from when I was eight. The dream involved someone very close to me dying(in a painful way to boot), and it felt so real that I woke up crying.

Luckily, it’s exceedingly rare that I have nightmares these days. No, for me, the problematic dreams tend to be the ones that would typically invoke a sense of nostalgia. Like the one I had this morning. Both of my parents were in this dream. We were on a boat, my parents and I. My father would grumble about fish not biting as he normally would have done in a non-serious way when fishing. My mother would laugh at his remarks and quick witted comments, their idle conversation moot for the most point, but still special at every turn for them. I was simply the operator for the boat itself, guiding its course to better fishing grounds, while making smart ass remarks to my father about trying “optimism” for bait.

The dream was so normal, so vivid, that it was a very happy dream. Until the moment I woke from it, and was brought back to the crashing reality that both of my parents have passed away. Some people tend to think that loved ones visiting you in your dreams is a blessing. To a certain extent, I think the same, but also the opposite(especially in the sense of how real it feels for me) in that when that dream is suddenly yanked away by simply waking up, a certain sense of despair tends to set it.

For me, I guess it was because I was very close with both of my parents. My father taught me a sense of temperance, gave me my patience, and taught me to be respectful to everyone until they cross a line, then never back down. He also had a hand(along with my brothers) in forming the certain sense of humor that I display from time to time. My mother showed me what it meant to be caring, nurturing and tolerant. She showed that it was easy to put others before yourself. Between the two of them, they’re responsible for the kind of person that I am today, and they were the only two people that were on this earth that I could never raise my voice or hand to out of any sort of anger, no matter how much that anger might have been.

And both of them had been taken away from me, before I was 26 years old. In the end, I wasn’t really ready to let go of them, and I guess that is why I view any dream with them in it, both a blessing and a torment. It’s the type of dream that I don’t want wake up from. But inevitably, anyone dreaming has to wake up. And so when the reality of them really being gone set in when waking from that dream, all I could do was sit at the edge of my bed for the first half hour after waking, my head in my hands, and try to pull myself back up from a small fit of depression that came from missing them so much. More than anything, those are my double edged dreams.

For the few that might actually read this, don’t worry. This is one of those rare instances in my scrap book postings that will actually be serious, rather than something weird or a rant. It was just something that I needed to unload in some form. But there is a small lesson to stem from this Scrapbook post. I realize that not everyone will be on the best of terms with their parents, perhaps at least not as good as I was with mine. But remember, at least, for some of you, you still have them around to bicker with, scoff about, or think they are treating you unfairly. If I could get them back for real, even for a day, even if all they were to do in that day was lecture me about how it’s taking me so long to get my life in order, it would likely be in the top three greatest days of my life.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on December 16th, 2011, 1:36 am

So, in the waning hours of the night, I began working on a new box code/art for my posts.

................. that is all for this scrapbook update.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Jilitse on December 20th, 2011, 3:58 am

is that namie amuro over there. *squueee* I miss you Nate!

I only got round to reading your posts today and plead guilty for not returning shoes to shoe rack... see Nate when you're doing Christmas shopping when stuff are on 50%-70% off SALE you need to comb the shelves for shoes that match your shoe size, and never let go. because it's on sale and you HAVE TO BUY stuff when there's a SALE. and then you have to repeat that like ten times, and by then your brain is saying you should only get what you really need, and then when your conscience debates with you it controls your hand and makes you drop the shoe you were holding even if you don't really want to... so you leave them lying around...

my own pet peeve are shirts and blouses... when people kind of remove them from the neatly arranged clothes pile and stretch it out and leave it back as a heap of crumpled clothes because the design didn't look nice or it looked to cheap or was too expensive... or when they remove the shirts from the hangers to maybe fit them or compare tags or sizes.. and then drape them over the stand. hate that! haha. I may be a pig when it comes to shoes, but I like all the shirts and blouses properly arranged on the rack I make an effort to at least tidy things. unless you know... it's a buy one take one sale......

T_________________T
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Previous