New to roleplaying?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

New to roleplaying?

Postby Artemi on January 8th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Hey, I'm brand brand brand new to both this website and this art (text roleplaying that is). I was wondering if I could get some pointers on how to go about actually writing and creating my character and how to start "playing" with that character. I'm not new to writing, but this is entirely foreign to me so perhaps to know the basics would be good ehehe...
Artemi
Player

Words: 172
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2012, 6:50 pm
Race: Kelvic

New to roleplaying?

Postby Mirage on January 8th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Hello Artemi,

I am Mirage, AS of Alvadas and your resident RP helper haha. First of you will find everything you need about getting stared here at the Starting Guide. I suggest you read through all of the information there first and see if you have any more questions and Ill be happy to answer them.

You can find sample character sheets (CS) right HERE. These give you the basic outline and what you will need in your character sheet. Sorry that this is not longer, but my lunch break is over. I will be back on in a couple of hours so check chat for me or ask your questions here and I will answer them :). You can also PM me for further help.

Mirage

P.S. Welcome to Mizahar!
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

New to roleplaying?

Postby Artemi on January 8th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Thank you, thank you! I greatly appreciate your help! (: hopefully I'll be able to get my character set soon.
Artemi
Player

Words: 172
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2012, 6:50 pm
Race: Kelvic

New to roleplaying?

Postby Mirage on January 8th, 2012, 11:07 pm

No problem at all! As I said feel free to PM me or find me in chat if you have any questions at all. We all started out where you are, and everyone here is really supportive and willing to give you advice :)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Office
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

New to roleplaying?

Postby Gossamer on January 8th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Be sure you read your WELCOME PM too. It tends to have all the information you need in it to get started.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)