[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon I

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon

Postby Trident on January 27th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Colombina wrote:

FYI, Eyktol has no roads. Traveling Eyktol is like navigating on the sea. It's red rock formations in the north, dunes in the middle with the occasional oasis, rockier towards the edges, and the coastal regions where the cities are have some arable land in the style of parts of the Judean desert.

Which is pretty hard, mind you.

Development ThreadDS OfficeSuvan SeaSuvan Sea Lore

---

Accepting more moderated threads now on a limited basis. PM me for more information.
Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Words: 105060
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 3:58 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 30th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Mapmaking!

There's nothing better than a good old fashioned ARTISTS tablet (not the knockoffs or whatever those things are these days everyone's using) for map making. I thought I'd show you my set up on a half finished base piece of work. The tablet fits neatly over the keyboard. It has a bazillion hotkeys so you don't have to pick up the tablet and keep accessing the keyboard (unless your friends on AIM wont leave you alone - then you can always switch to the handwriting option on aim and just respond to them in chicken scrawl until they get the idea your busy being artsy). There's just no better set up that I've seen than a Picasso. I want to hug whomever designed these artists tablets. They are absolutely perfect for a 17 inch laptop. They'd be hellishly to big on a 15 incher though. They might make smaller ones however... but I haven't seen any around.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Halcyon on January 30th, 2012, 6:41 pm

Wow, that's awesome, Jen!! I want one now! D:
Halcyon
But what's the world without enigma?

Words: 33815
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 12:51 am
Office

Postby Fallacy on January 30th, 2012, 7:13 pm

That is so amazing :D Ive wanted one of those for a while now. (You know, since I dont have a scanner, but like to draw. Mind you, Im not too good of an artist and only draw what I want, but I digress.) Map making is always fun! I love to draw maps. I should save money to get Ray and the nuit gang he is collecting a hideout. Then I can draw a map. Maybe I can design the Ruv'na hideout...

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 3rd, 2012, 4:40 pm

Konti
Yes this is a rant!

It seems to me that most people either don't read the writeups I take the time to put together as a guide or they simply miss out on important facts that have a lot to do with basic math. I know statistics say that each generation that is currently underway gets lower and lower math scores, but come on people, basic math rocks for so many reasons its not even funny. Lets use a little of it on the Konti and show you how cool it is.

Laviku pulled a fast one during the Valterrian. He gathered up all the Wild Djed that invaded his Oceans and used it to raise his mortal lover Avalis to the status of Goddess. He's opportunistic like that and he really loves her. So time passes, they make babies, they all turn out these weird girl children. It turns out those weird girl children only had weird girl children regardless of who was siring them - hence a new race was born.

Laviku + Avalis (Original Generation - aprox 300-400 years ago)
|
V
All Avalis' Daughters (F1 Generation - Mostly Dead/Rare Few Surviving/All Alvina - All right around 200-250 years old)
|
V
All Avalis' Grandaughters (F2 Generation - Majority of the Konti Alive - in their hundreds)
|
V
All Avalis' Great Grandaughters (F3 Generation - All these 20 year old baby Konti walking around in crop tops looking sexy)

So, no you can't play an Alvina. And if you play a grand daughter you are only one generation separating you from being an Alvina. This means if you play an Eth/Konti combo, you aren't hundreds of years old and have been cuddling Leth or Syna all that time. You're at the most less than 100 years old minus your age at death (why? Alvina even in past lives take special permission) and can't possibly be. The Konti didn't exist as such until well after the Valterrian. And some say Laviku rose Avalis for more than just love. That he did it for Akajia too because she told him a secret that she swore never to tell.

So... this is the essence of my rant. Stop making Eth/Kontis that are impossibly too old. Stop founding 'Houses' in Mura that have too many generations and not enough members and are related to everyone else anyhow (read: I'll repeat this until you understand). So please play F2 (if you are wise and mature and still look 16) and F3 generation Konti (barely legal, still figuring yourself out) and bear the F4's and be content. All will be well in the long run if you stick to this plan.

So, I'm going to repeat myself here.

This is why ALL KONTI ARE RELATED. This is also why they refer to each other as 'sisters'. There's not really enough blood difference despite all the different fathers to shake a stick at.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Trente on February 3rd, 2012, 6:25 pm

But, Jen! What about my HALF KONTI!?!

*ducks*
Trente
Player

Words: 244388
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 1:53 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on February 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm

Is that the one with the two pet dragons? I killed her. Then I made Konti cookies out of her and fed them to the Myrians in trade for rare jungle plant seed for my greenhouse for the spring. It was a good trade.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nyahna Sasin on February 4th, 2012, 2:58 am

asdfjlk; every time someone hints about behind the scenes stuff I go nuts.

And yet I stalk your scrapbook, watching. Waiting. Always there.

*Creeps*
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 5th, 2012, 5:08 pm

Tired of the Superbowl Already?

I am. I know a lot of people will disagree but kinda like the World Series, the Superbowl in my mind is one of the dumbest Amercian traditions ever. It's not even iconic. The Forth of July makes sense. Christmas and New Years is awesome. But when the hell did the Superbowl become on par with these other ones? I just want to sit and go 'Really?' and often do repeatedly.

So in the spirit of SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT ALREADY YOU SPORTS NERDS I'm declaring chat a Sports Free Zone just for today so folks can come on, socialize, and relax Superbowl-free.

Initial slips (if I see them) will get you booted for about fifteen minutes. Teasing me about this will get you booted for the day. And trying to get others who don't know that chat is a superbowl free zone today to talk about the superbowl is just as evil. Superb Owl talk also counts just because Seven is a smartass. This new development ends at midnight or earlier if all the sports nerds go to bed or fall into caloric overload induced comas (it happens!).
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on February 5th, 2012, 5:27 pm

According to my parents, they tried to go out to eat on super bowl sunday last year and the first two places they went had closed early so that their employees could go watch the game. It makes me sad.

We were going to go out to eat tonight because it's my dad's birthday, but instead we are just gonna have a barbecue at home. Which is fine, cause I love bbq, but still.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext