A Rigorous Training Regimen (Solo)

Etrius does his usual training routine. With a little "help" from Him, his split personality.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Etrius on February 29th, 2012, 2:47 am

55th of Winter 511AV

He flew. The wind rushing through his hair as he propelled himself down the trail.
He flew. The trees almost becoming blurred as he passed.
He flew, pushing his body to it's very limit.
Coming to a stop as he ran into his camp, Etrius stumbled a bit and put his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. He figured he had cut the time it took to get from the gate to his campsite by about half a chime. To be fair, it really wasn't that far of a run, but Etrius had promised himself that he would sprint the entire way every day. So far, he had been able to keep that promise. Sitting down, he crossed his legs and took a swig from his waterskin. Alright, here we go.

He put his hands in front of his face, as if he were trying to grab a ball of air. He concentrated, pushing res from the palms of his hands, making it meet to form a shimmering ball of liquid in the space between. Focusing on it for a moment, he ignited the outer layer, creating a ball of fire in his hands. He moved his hands around, making the ball weave through the air. He tossed it back and forth between his hands. I wonder how far away I can control it. Etrius pushed his arm outward forcing the ball away from him slowly. It remained suspended in the air for a moment, but began to get shaky after a while. It finally dropped to the ground, dispersing flames over a few inches. A couple feet. Etrius thought as he stamped the fire out. Not half bad.

That's enough for now. I've still got to do Flux before I start with my weapons. I don't want to kill myself. Standing, he crouched in a steady stance in front of a tree. Putting his wrists together he began moving his upper body, letting his djed flow through, feeling it rush through his body. Bringing his gauntlet arm back he unleashed the djed punching at the tree with inhuman force. He missed his mark. He had put a decent gash in the tree with the blade on his gauntlet, but it was too shallow. His aim was off by a few inches. He wanted to try again, but he didn't know if it was safe. Past experiences had taught him that he could only use one spell at a time without having to rest. One more. Pulling his arm back once more, he pushed djed into it, less than before. This punch was still more powerful than a normal person could throw and he broke a thick, low-hanging branch off of the tree. His hand stung under the gauntlet, having hit the branch with such force. He was growing tired, his arms and legs getting heavy. Good, time for the physical aspect.

Etrius pulled the scythe from his back, the slipknots holding it to him coming undone. From drawing it, he swung it downward. The blade bounced on the ground; not quite the effect that Etrius was looking for. He grimaced and swung the scythe around. Bringing it over his head, he swung downward again. This time, the blade forced its way into the ground, almost embedding itself halfway. Much better. It gouged a large chunk of dirt from the ground as Etrius pulled it out.

"I don't see why you're even trying. You'll never be as strong as I am." The cold, high-pitched whisper tore through Etrius' concentration, echoing in both his ears and his mind. Etrius could feel himself break into a cold sweat when he heard it.

"When given two choices, always choose the harder path."
Etrius
Mercenary of Good Deeds

Words: 52307
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2011, 3:54 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Etrius on March 3rd, 2012, 5:14 am

Etrius turned slowly. His body felt stiff. Fear, anger, pain, hatred, all these feelings welled up inside him when his eyes met the eyes of the man... the thing... that had spoken. It was white from its hair, to its skin, to the clothes it wore. Its eyes were a cold, icy blue, surrounded by pools of black as dark as midnight. He was terrifying, He was evil, He was an exact copy of Etrius, as well as an exact opposite. This was Him. He was sitting on a low-hanging branch, rocking back and forth like an excited child who was unable to sit still. He brought His white gauntlet up to His face and licked His clawed fingers, eying Etrius with hungry malice.

"What do you want?" Etrius tried to keep his voice level, but the fear of having to face this... thing again made his voice shake. Etrius leaned on his scythe, trying to keep his balance. He could already feel his energy fading and his blood was running cold.

"Oh, I'm just here to have a little fun." He has suddenly at Etrius' side. There was no transition of movement. One second He was sitting on the tree limb, the next, He was standing next to Etrius. He did not look at Etrius, but only spoke. "Let's get straight to the point. I want to fight! But... let's make this interesting. If you hit me, I'll leave you alone. Forever. If I hit you, you will be mine forever."

"And if I refuse?"

"Then I will never stop attacking you! I will torment you until the end of your days." He drew His scythe, the black blade clashing against Etrius' own. Etrius had only barely been able to get his scythe up in time to block the blow. It looked like Etrius didn't have a choice. Leaping backward, Etrius brought his scythe up and swung it downward toward His shoulder. He simply sidestepped, His mocking smile taunting Etrius. Etrius was unable to stop his momentum and fell face-first to the ground. Reacting quickly, he rolled to the side, leaving his weapon behind as the blade of His scythe buried itself in the ground where Etrius' head used to be. Etrius stood, now without his scythe, he obeyed his instincts and lept forward swinging his arm wide to try and claw Him with his gauntlet. Abandoning His own weapon, He swung His own arm and met Etrius in the space in between them. Steel clashed against steel as Etrius waged war on himself.

"When given two choices, always choose the harder path."
Etrius
Mercenary of Good Deeds

Words: 52307
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2011, 3:54 am
Race: Human
Character sheet