[Mara's Scrapbook] Counter Clockwise

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Roka] Scrappers, Scallywags, and Mischief-Makers

Postby Mara on April 18th, 2012, 7:36 pm

My day is made <3

Syllke is the cutest thing ever

Mara approves Image
"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain"
Mara
A spider web it's tangled up with me

Words: 167085
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Chamaeleon on April 20th, 2012, 5:32 am

Pretty lady is pretty~

... And this is how we look at pretty ladies where I come from.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mara on April 20th, 2012, 7:57 pm

For all of you waiting on replies from Roka they are coming, I swear. Sorry for the delay. I was very distracted by a certain Mixed Blood and Vantha's interactions. So uhh my bad.

You were not forgotten though. Neither were those I'm waiting for responses from >.> *COUGH*

Just know, when I am not around:

P.S. I love you Chammy :)
Mara

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roka on April 26th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Troubles

I'm in a bit of a rut. I'm just not inspired by Roka at all right now. I'm still trying to dish out posts, but except for a select few I find them really dreadful in comparison to Mara's. I overloaded myself with interactions and I just simply do not have the time to focus on all of them in any kind of ordered fashion. Plus I took on the Spires campaign and now have a variable of situations thrown my way I not only don't have the extra room to account for, but don't have the patience for.

Three job threads
Developing further relations with the CE
Figuring out where Roka is in his "female relations"

All the while I'm trying to tweak him ever so gently so that I find him more interesting, less one dimensional, but still keep in mind he's an animal (a very young and inexperienced one at that), no matter how clever foxes can appear.

Just thinking about this makes me sit back and dream up his meticulous murder.

On top of that IC disaster, I don't really feel like keeping up appearances at the moment. I don't get in chat often because I think some people have some pre-disposed imagery of who I am (it's not a substantial number by any means, some people would argue I'm very critical of myself as well as others). Which is fine, I'm not going to force feed you my character or personality, but I can't say it doesn't bother me. I just want to write, and I'm finding I really only want to write Mara, because it's a challenge and I better know where he is going. He has a developed past, and a personality that has remained solid and he is interesting for me to write. I'm not as self-conscious introducing him to other characters and I know he will gracefully handle any discrimination he may face, and in fact I quite like him getting pushed around a little. It doesn't hurt either that Dan/Syllke has been a driving and amazing force helping me along every step of the way.

I need to get through this season with Roka and change up some things. I don't think I can stay in the CE anymore, I just don't find it very practical. It was in the beginning because it melded into a very go-with-the-flow Roka-ish thing to do, but with the events already set to hopefully happen at the end of the season with Chamaeleon, I hope it changes something in him. I'm pretty sure it will. He just needs depth, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Maybe he needs to go off with the pre-set group that we have briefly talked about and journey our little hearts out.

Thanks are owed to those have been patient, supportive, or just creatively spurred me on in the best ways possible.
All my Sunberth pals, you guys are great, seriously if I decide to go in a different direction with Roka, I'm going to miss you guys.
All the amazing writer’s on Mizahar as well have helped me push myself a lot more with my writing, whether they are aware of it or not.

Roka
Scavenger

Words: 86540
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sahashkalila on April 27th, 2012, 6:16 am

I think a lot of people are starting to feel the burn a bit love, but we love you just the same and it is alright if you take a rest. :) I love Roka dearly and I think you do an amazing job with him, but maybe that is because I am a bit biased haha, but seriously, you do what you feel is best.
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Musca on April 27th, 2012, 6:59 am

That is all I have to say to that. Oh wait, no, I have a couple more. Rest assured, the gang will miss the little fox... at least let Musca make out with Roka. I feel she's the only female that he's not banging amongst the SB girls. :lol:
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mara on April 30th, 2012, 5:50 am

Nothing thrills me more than the coming together of an elegantly written plotline.

On that note...

Yep, I own this once again and my N64 is still hanging in there by the hair of its chinny chin chin. This game always provided unbelievable and pointless thrills. I have really great memories of this being one of the very first video games I ever played when I was a child. The remake was, for-whatever reasons not even a close second. Maybe it's just because until Skyrim, I was a loud-mouthed protester of the 'extra-joystick-view-moving' that came soon after Nintindo 64.

Anyways, my mother-in-law and her two month old are staying with us. Surprisingly it's not as awful as it sounds. Though she does insist cleaning about my house and I'm now terribly self-conscious about any crumb that falls from my toddler's mouth. She also stocked our pantry with junk. That's probably my biggest complaint, because I simply can't resist reaching for a double-stuffed Oreo even if the apples are just a pivot and pull away. Also, my spouse and I have been engaged in a war of witty insults since she arrived though. I'm not sure why. I'm being constantly called a crab, (my zodiac is cancer) and poking fun is apparently obligatory. For an excerpt this would be an example of the daily tiffs.

Said-Spouse: How do I even cut this pineapple?
Me: *ignores*
Said-Spouse: HOW DO I EVEN CUT THIS RIDICULOUSLY ARMORED FRUIT?
Me:...with a knife.
Said-Spouse: OH good one. There you go being a little crab again, pinchers drawn and all.
Me: Seriously, stop calling me a crustacean!

Plus we compete for computer time. WoW time versus Mizahar. Unfortunately I lose more than I win.

Oh! The best news of the day is that I finally got my acceptance letter into The Vet Tech Institute. Whoooo, I start on my birthday after a long flight from my relatives. Oh U life. :)
Mara

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mara on May 3rd, 2012, 6:08 pm

I can't stop listening to this when writting the flashback Syllke threads. It usually makes it's way around a couple times in the rotation.

Mara

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Syllke Skyglow on May 3rd, 2012, 10:35 pm

Here's one I've been listening to in the past week or so that makes me think of them, and what's to come . . .

child of the path of lights

Syllke Skyglow
free spirit

Words: 301182
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mara on May 4th, 2012, 1:02 am

I don't want to think about their end!

Man, I'm really dreading it the closer we get. I plan to do a solo of when he leaves, so I demand you do one too. Just so I can be extra sad.

I <3 Syllke ):
Mara

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext