[The Cages]Incarceration...(Solo)

Nothing's ever fun when your kept in a cell...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ximal on April 27th, 2012, 2:42 pm

80th spring 512AV

Loud was the first thought. A rather noisy and particularly unpleasant, jamoura to the left, and another to the right, although the ont on the right had calmed down and returned to his senses in this time. Xi had been trapped in the cages. The feral one to the left still spent most of it's rime roaring and raging. Xi could feel his head pounding from both a head ache from the jamour and that little shyke master pikkon's blow to the back of his head. By this point all his wounds had been fixed and he was feeling better. Still some what groggy though. The cage which he found himself in was actually alright, despite the small fo urine, but he was from sunberth...He's spent hours in places with worse smells. All in all it wasn't a bad place. The size of that cage wasn't large by any stretch when it's occupant was a several hundred pound jamoura as the ones on his left and right could attest. thought they were huge, easily seven foot seven inches and they had more than enough room to manoeuvre. So for Xi the cage was huge. more than enough room, Leaping up from the ground he grasped hold of the bars above. They had to be sturdy to take the force of a feral gorilla pounding on them for long periods of time. Still Xi began to pull himself up on the bars. At least if he was like this he wouldn't have to neglect his training and tempering of his body. thirteen...fourteen...fifteen... Keeping track fo the amount of pull up s he was doing was a good way to recounted them later on if need be. Though at present he thought it better if he was in her out of every bodies way. Listening out around he he herd only the occasional roar with the accompanied pounding of fists on bars. He held pace with the sound of the pounding. He wa looking out over at the other jamoura. Odd to find a jamour meditating still Xi thought nothing of it continuing his pull-ups...Sixty-one....Sixty-two...Sixty-three... Pulling up his eight in silence he heard the jamoura from the other cage talk to him, almost grunting out his words as he spoke to Xi, his asking for him to talk back. "Human, what are you in here for?"

Xi looked a the jamour now as he continued his movements. He then spoke back slowly in a rather dimmed voice. "I got thrown in here for training. I cut up a tree, i didnt realize how much of an issue that was around here...I wish i could get out of these damned cages an start making things right again." The jamoura had a look fo shock and bewilderment on it's face. Clearly something Xi had said had confused it. Or at least stunned it. "You cut a tree, trees here are sacred. You committed a grave sin, and yet you still draw breath? You are one lucky person." Xi paused mid pull up, and recounted the speed that that woman struck off his gear. She could have ended him in a few moments if she had wished...Ovek, remind me to give you back your luck at some point... Xi lifted himself up again and held himself at the top of the cage. "Well i'd like to set things right, after all what good does it serve keeping me in here when i could be doing something to repent? The jamoura had both a face of in-credulousness, confusion and some what surprise. Then the jamoura spoke wth his grunting tone again. "Well i suppose the best way to repent would be to plant saplings for the one you attacked...But untill that time your stuck in here i'm afraid..."

Xi sighed and nodded continuing his working out, as the jamoura behind him continued to pound on the cage Xi sighed it was going to be another long day. One-hundred and thirty-one...One-hundred and thirty-two...One-hundred and thirty-three... Xi could feel his muscles building under the strain. Though he could feel the sturdy bars above him some what loosening. Not much but enough to catch his attention. Still it want a rattling loosened the bar just slid from side to side a little. Still powering himself up and down. He spoke to the jamour again. Excuse me mind if i ask your name, i mean if were both going to be here for a while, we may as well know each others names. I'm Ximal, Xi for short." Oooh monkeys either side i'm more drawn to our friend over their whose bashing at that cage with some serious force. He's gonna break it eventually. And when he dose i feel sorry for all the other people around....hehehe.... Xi had just made a connection...The fog wasn't changing personalities, it was bringing out the primal sides...Hence why liro was being pulled with such force here...If he could hold back liro here he could hold him back anywhere...Then the jamoura spoke back to Xi and he almost missed it. "My anme is Garnak...I still cannot believe your luck in getting off with only a few days in the prisons. Ten days in here? Sever your time, do it peacefully you could get much worse punishments." Now xi was breathing a huge sigh of relief...He could have gotten much worse than this ? Well he was hunted back home in Sunberth. So he supposed he couldn't get much worse untill the jamoura told him. "If you'd have done that within the city limits, you'd have been stripped of everything, and tossed into the wild, having your memories sealed...I've seen it happen before..." That made Xi pause mid pull. His face went blank, his mind seized and he'd latched hold of just how lightly he'd gotten off. That was a death sentence, and Xi knew it. "Holy petch...I didn't realize it was that serious...I feel really stupid now. And deeply sorry...i didn't realize how precious those trees were. Xi dropped from bars on the ceiling. He felt drained...He really did have some insane luck. Sure it fluctuated massively but it was always on his side when it mattered...Then he hit the bars, hard. No flux just a hard punch venting his anger at himself.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ximal on April 27th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Xi leant against the bars just to prevent himself falling over whilst he preformed some hand stand push-ups. The jamoura he was talking too studied him, as if hoping to learn more about XI. Xi sighed and flipped backup before removing his short which continually fell down and blocked his vision. A body scared and emblazoned with enough scars to make look like he'd been fighting his whole life shone out. The jamoura looked at him seeming to weigh up what Xi'd been through in his life. Xi held his eight upside down in a hand stand, unmoving for several moments before finally having to use the bars for balance. Xi had nothing better to do in the cage so he thought why not train himself? The jamoura spoke to him again in that grunting voice. "So human why are you here in the spires? I mean other than to spend some time in out lovely cages..." Did a jamoura just use sarcasm? Xi smiled lightly as he responded to the big monkey. Some what sardonically in turn. "Well initially, i came here with the other sunberthians...Though unlike them i wasn't drawn here by the prospect of money. Nor by 'wanting to see the monkeys' as a friend of my put it...Mostly i just came here to help. I heard there was trouble here and i wanted to see if i could help. Then with my usual headstrong idiosyncratic manner. I did the wrong thing, which resulted in me ending up here. Though according to what you told me earlier it's a much kinder fate than what could have befallen me..." Pushing up off of his hands he flipped over onto his feet. And started to throw jabs at the bars, fast but not hard. he was running through muscle memory routines. To make sure his body did this whenever he had something happen and it did this almost instinctual. Right hand from waist upside down out and over one-hundred and eighty degrees. Sliding his left leg back and then exploding off of it slimming his shin forwards but stopping himself. Twisting and bending his leg into spear point he reached his hands out and pulled them down whilst driving his knee up. The jamoura looked at him quizzically, what exactly was he doing ? Then the jamoura spoke to Xi asking just that. And Xi told him exactly what he was doing. "I'm practising my fighting style, if i get it to the right point. I could be of more use. But as it stands i'm still a little weak in some areas."

Xi crunched his body smaller, keeping his chin down he condensed his large open moves into short sharp knees and elbows. Xi's fighting style was built around being able to fight in any space in any situation against any number of opponents. |It takes a shorter time for him to throw a sharp elbow, than a powerful punch, or cutting chop. Now he wished he had training partner. It was always easier for him to train in a large open space. Damn his idiocy. Xu cursed under his breath and ran through a series of blocks and deflections, most being combined and turned into counters. Blocking with hie fright forearm and then snapping his fist out for a throat shot. Taking this oppertunity to see just how rar he could push his power he closed his eyes. The jamoura still watching him...Some what intrigued. Even as the still feral jamoura pounded on the cage to the right. Xi took a deep breath and spoke slowly. Whilst on the trip to the spires he'd been devising a few phrases to help focus his mind when trying to run the power through him. He found when he thought about it or was focused on it it came easier. Speaking slowly and softly he said the phrase he'd used to help focus his mind. " One hundred fists, striking a single point..." He focused, hard. The phrase had done it's job. he held his fist oat his waist and compacted the energy there around the bicep and tricep of his right arm. darting his arm out insanely fast, but not connecting With anything, he could feel the twang in his arm when it reached full extension. He may have pulled some thing in his arm but he was just after seeing if he could control it better and he did. Much better than before. Feeling he'd pulled a muscle with that move he winced in pain as he let his arm fall back to his side. The jamoura watching him had a small look of shock in his face when he spoke to Xi next. "How did you do that...I watched your punching speed, you were fast but not THAT fast..." Xi winced and sat down cross legged. Massaging the painful aread lightly he could feel his arm stinging immensely. I wont be doing that again any time soon. XI faced the jamoura and said calmly. "I focused my energy, i used a focusing phrase of my own volition and craft to help my speed. Right i think i'm gonna fall into a short nap." Xi winced as he folded his arms before leaning back to help himself fall asleep for a small nap, hoping to wake up and have his arm not sting like a son of a mother petcher.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on April 27th, 2012, 8:19 pm

XI Wasn't napping he was falling into a meditative state. He was flashing back into his mind. The immense mirror sprung up before him. The immense fractured grandeur of this mirror, in complete technicolour. Whilst the world surrounding for the large part remained a plain and simple monochrome. Drab, dreary, dark. The empty halls of his mind wer spacious and plain save for the huge mirror that lie before him. The fragments in their usual places. Liro in the far right corner. and his peaceful self in the far left, upon the dead centre li his two new fragments, reformed and completed, happiness and understanding. Liro sat in his fragment grinning like a cheshire cat and thinking to himself...Xi confronted him in front of his fragment. His dark black blue eyes meeting liros molten gold ones. The air of contention between them was supreme. Almost as if electricity was pulsing through the space between them. Liro cocked his head as Xi approached. You bastard. You got us trapped here, you sent me into a blind rage. Oh it's my fault were trapped in a cage ? I'm not exactly thrilled to be here either. Animals don't do well in cages as your glass prison can attest too. Xi your an idiot if you think i brought us here. Xi felt a pang of rage emanating from himself in his mind his body was at full and peak power. lowing his head ha tried something h'd been wondering if he could do for a while now. Stepping forwards, he entered liros mind fragment. The heat within was sweltering, no wonder liro wore no clothes, the fires of madness ripped around Xi hugely, the blazing of darkened trees ranged out aroudn him. Liro beamed a smile laughing profusely, hte clawed hands cracking as h interlaced them and pushed out, His tail lashed about his armoured shins and feet as his fur framed chest shone bright red in the fires of madness. The fanged canines shining red in the darkness of his deep madness. Liro rose from his seat slowly, those taloned finger tips scoring the ground and gouging out large lines in the earth as he rose. His smile beaming all the while. Xi you finally decide to join me in my own little prison cell. The world of madness. Welcome.LIro shot across the ground faster than Xi could have thought possible. If not for Xi;s defencive instincts he would have been impaled upon liros slicing arm. Xi had parried the blow through sheer lack of thought. Darting his hand out from the block to liros throat he instead connected with liros chin. Liro still beaming a smile slid backwards as Xi did too. I'm here to have a discussion. i just thought it more prevalent to talk than fight right now.

Liro beamed as Xi mentioned this. It was a weltering heat in here, xi as ever in his mind remained fully closthes whilst his fragments were half or fully naked. With liro he now understood why. Xi stripped his upper half. And immediately the heat dissipated and lessened. Xi kept the armour he wore on even in his head. Leering at Liro xi sat opposite him. Why are we so fractured? What caused this? Liro just laughed, that insane maniacal laugh that only truely madmen had. And then he looked Xi dead in the eyes. We are fractured because you refuse to accept one piece of us as a part of your whole. You reject more pieces. The more you reject the more you fall apart. The longer you stay fractured the more footing i gain. Especially with the more fragments you gain. The sooner you find the fragment that you reject, the sooner you cna return to being a normal person. Why are you telling me this? Surely you do not want me to succeed and grow back into a normal person? You wanted to control didn't you? You really are stupid, i tell you this to emphasise the fact that the longer you hold back your influences and your mind shatters further. That and i always like to toy with my prey. The slightest glimmer of hope oin my opponent, grants me so much more fun in my game. And you know how much i love to play. Alright then, how many fragments are there? Fifty-eight fragments of your mind. And out of those fifty eight you have four...I tell you this to give you hope to watch you try and fail in achieving the re-combination of your mind. I know you will fail because you will never accept your darker fragments. ME chief amongst them. The longer you spend in the fires of madness the the more you start to become corrupted. Xi understood what was going on...Liro had baited him here to get him to gain more footing. But it wasn't working. I found the key to defeating madness. FOCUS. If i can clear my mind and then accept you. I stand a good chance of repairing my broken mind... XI rose from his seating noticing his clothes which he remove had vanished. Then he remembered this was his mind, Liros prison, but his mind. Xi calmed him self and then stepped towards the glass entrance. Stepping out he felt the cool winds of calm, the neutral ground. Neutral ground. That's what Xi was, he held no true strong emotions, he was neutrality, a conduit for every emotionality fragment to shine itself through. The most prevalent emotions he felt he could see springing up. One deep purple, the other searing and burning crimson. Embarrassment and Anger. His two most predominant emotions were having their fragments rebuilt. Their shattered pieces of mirror repairing The fragments being drawn together by the embodiment of self-containment that was the cage around him. The shining and glittering fragments snapped back into place but before they were complete xi found himself being pulled back to reality by the smell of food. Cursing himself as he snapped back into reality he promised himself he would snap back into his mind tomorrow and discover those two new fragments.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Creeper on May 7th, 2012, 2:26 am

Skills
Bodybuilding: 2
Observation: 1
Interrogation: 1
Acrobatics: 1
Unarmed Combat: 1
Flux: 1
Massage: 1
Meditation: 2

Lores
The Importance of Trees
Personal Flux Technique: One Hundred Fists Striking a Single Point
Focus Can Fix Anything

Other
Injury: Sprained Elbow. This injury will require a single Marked Healer or a person Competent in Medicine to treat. If left unchecked, further injury will befall the arm.

A nice thread, I liked the introspection with Liro. You need to clean up your grammar a tad, but it didn't detract from the thread. Well done.
Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes