[Flashback]Once upon a time...[Nai'shee]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Ndale Soromund on March 9th, 2012, 8:16 am

“Hug? How curious. Strange.” All the same Ndale nodded happily, content with the bit of information, “I…like it? Yes.”

It had been both amusing and fun to hug. It would be something she would have to test out more thoroughly later. Carefully making a mental note she stored the information away and continued her halted her line of questions if only so Nai’shee could explain to her the answer to the previous questions.

“Interested…yes. But in people also.” She swung her arms wide, “Lots of people.”

The line of thought lead her away from touring and more towards other things, like the woman before her. “Why steal?”

Ndale was not stupid of course. She was more curious as to this humans particular inner workings, from what she read, what she was told, thief’s did not give the miza’s back. And what has those men on the boat told her? They were Svefra, their code unique to them though she did not know this. Still they had instilled a sense of something in Ndale. If you could not hold it it was not yours to keep. Obviously she would have to be more careful with her purse.

“I have not eaten…fish. And University, it had many books?”

As she spoke she had turned and begun walking without a care in the world as if she actually knew where she going and was leading Nai’shee on a tour and not the other way around.
Ndale Soromund
Curiouser and Curiouser...

Words: 84822
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2012, 4:09 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nai'shee on March 14th, 2012, 2:02 pm

"I stole it to buy food", she simply answered, "and I gave it back because I didn't want to make a show over there." It was because she was curious about this woman too, but it's better not to share such a details just yet, especially after she realized how new she is to the world. She couldn't puzzle it yet, she have never met a woman her age acting this outgoing. Suddenly a obvious thought came to her mind, just to be interrupted by another question.

"Hell yes. You couldn't imagine." The library was so huge and full of books from every subject she could imagine. Even this woman could find something she would enjoy over there. What could her interests be? Some family job or something? She could imagine her as maid or something.

"I thought...", she began, spitting it out finally. "Are you a Klevic?"
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ndale Soromund on March 16th, 2012, 3:29 pm

The idea was instant, “We hunt together! Then you is not hungry.”

So pleased that her first human encounter with a Zeltiva person was going well she clapped her hands gleefully before settling herself once more. Ah, a sharp woman then. Ndale wandered around curiously, circle Nai’shee and trying to absorb the place into memory.

The question caught her off guard but she stopped her random circling and faced the woman,
“Yes. How you know this?”

She had been warned that her kind was not accepted everywhere but considering the things she had seen humans do like hooting fire from their hands! It made her highly doubt she would be unwelcome but not everyone in Zeltiva favored magic from what she had seen. It made her take a slightly cautionary step back, wondering what the woman would do.

Of course, her questions did not stop though,
“And you be human? We explore these…books, yes?” Without waiting for an answer Ndale turned and began to walk, as if she knew the direction of the library and would not get lost. Looking behind her expectantly to make sure her companion followed.
Ndale Soromund

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nai'shee on March 30th, 2012, 8:40 pm

"Well... I'm not really the most skilled person for that, but guess I'm fast enough", she smiled. "Seriously, would you teach me to hunt? It would make some things a lot easier..." She thought about that for a moment. It was in front of her nose the whole time. She didn't have to steal, okay, not as much. She could just hunt down some animals from mountains. She wasn't very good at finding her ways in wilderness and she didn't really fought an animal (escaping doesn't count), but her speed could fix those details. At least she'll get the thing she always used to say she needed - more skills. More knowledge. What's so hard in learning, especially practical stuff? She wasn't a book-worm, not even close, but if someone was there to show her... "Please?"

"Never mind", she answered to Ndale's question mystically smirking. She didn't know why she didn't explain. Well, it would be a little awkward, but that's not the point. She somehow liked to act dominant: she knows something Ndale doesn't. It was usual for her, especially when it comes to kids and Klevics. They were somewhat similar after all, weren't they? "Which animal are you?"

She quietly followed the Klevic to wherever she led them. She guessed it's not really important, the talk mattered to her, the tour was Ndale's wish the most, so it was her choice. But guess she'll need to warn her they aren't in the right place soon enough.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ndale Soromund on May 3rd, 2012, 3:25 pm

Ndale nodded eagerly as she continued to walk, nearly walking into a wall before righting herself and attempting to walk backwards as she spoke. Her arms waving and her facial expressions growing more animated at the talk of something she wholly understood. Her speech fluctuating between Kontinese and Common as she began describing how hunting would work, “It is easy! Fun! Following the noises and eat the foods! There are lots of foods and following the big animals gets food already found for you. Ah. But they do try to eat me sometimes.”

“Oh! I am a bird. A peahean.” She said if matter-a-factly with not small amount of pride. She loved what she was and she sometimes enjoyed that she had a human guise in which she could explore even more. Cocking her head a thought slipped in and she turned to Nai’shee. “I am remembering a thing!”

Giving Nai’shee one more of the odd not-attack hugs Ndale grinned widely and began to strut back the way they came.Coming to get me when we go hunting. But I need to get a home. Goodbye Nai’shee!”

Their parting was as abrupt as their meeting. Ndale was still very interested in the girl and the books she spoke of but she needed to find somewhere to sleep before it slipped her mind yet again. That and the fact that speaking of hunting and thinking of the treats she would find in this new city had made her particularly hungry.
Ndale Soromund

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nai'shee on May 4th, 2012, 11:35 am

Nai'shee couldn't help smiling watching Kelvic's happiness and excitement about hunting. Ndale spoke bad Common, she wondered where could Kelvic be from. Maybe she was from Mura, and that's why she looked so much like a Konti? Anyways, Ndale said she had to go, talking more to herself than to Nai'shee.

"Sounds like a plan!", said Nai'shee, wanting, desperately wanting to learn new thing. "And we could talk some more, so you could pick up the language more!" She had to scream last few words to Ndale's back. Oh, she was really in rush. Her smile slowly vanished as she watched Kelvic digressing. Surely this was one weird experience. She started looking around for a replacement. She was still hungry and hoped for easier target than this one was.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Arcane on May 9th, 2012, 6:41 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Ndale :
Experience Points
+1 Observation
+1 Interrogation
+1 Acting

Lores
The Laviku Monument
Human Customs: Hugs
Nai'shee the Human Thief
Promise to Hunt with Nai'shee

Miscellaneous
None

Comments
Interesting portrayal of a kelvic - and one that is unfamiliar with human ways and customs. I found it amusing how Ndale assumed that a hug was an attack, and after Nai'shee's explanation you got the appropriate lore!

Nai'shee :
Experience Points
+1 Observation
+1 Larceny
+1 Acting
+1 Interrogation

Lores
Being a Zeltiva Tour Guide
Ndale the Peahean Kelvic
Promise to Hunt with Ndale

Miscellaneous
None

Comments
That acting to change the topic and take Nai'shee out of trouble was genius! However, take note that Nai'shee has no Kelvic lores, and so having her arrive at the decision that Ndale might most possibly be kelvic seems pretty far-fetched to me, since your character doesn't seem like the highly analytical type.

In Conclusion
It was a short interaction between the two of you, but I enjoyed it. I did not give Socialization XP but instead gave the appropriate social skills since I'm on the team that doesn't believe in Socialization - it should be a character trait or personality rather than a skill. I look forward to that hunting trip Ndale promised Nai'shee!

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous