Getting Supplies (Sama'el)

Leto and Sama'el gather supplies for their journey, but also look into the dangerous nature of poisons...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Leto Sunsinger on June 17th, 2012, 11:37 pm

"Yes... I suppose a book translated from Pavi to written common would be difficult to come by... I've only seen a few in my lifetime, from passing wizards that write down their secrets from our language to the common way of writing... I suppose that isn't an everyday occurrence... I suppose, if all else fails, and we can't find any information on how to utilize poisons, we could always try the memosites again... and see if we can't pry any information from them for any information we might have... I know our experiences with them haven't been all that well in recent seasons, but i'm not sure where else to turn too," he said, thinking upon the utilization of poisons, and how they might learn to utilize them. Obsidian hued orbs looked towards Sama'el to see if he had any good ideas on how to find out more about utilizing poisons for The Watch.

If all else failed, Leto would summon the memosites and specifically look for information on poisons, so they could learn how to use them properly, and not injure themselves. Whether or not Sama'el wished to participate in the summoning would be left up to him, but for the moment, Leto didn't see any other opportunities to assist The Watch with his skillset other than to learn something new. Selling poisons to them to assist in their defense would certainly help if he could learn more about the way poisons happened to work...
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 25th, 2012, 12:51 am

Sama'el nodded. "Let's buy some vials and then go see about those memory stones," he said in Pavi. He spoke to the proprietor and decided they needed more than just some vials, and ended up walking out of there with a portable poisoncrafting kit for a cool one hundred fifty gold-rimmed mizas, but he would hear no debate from Leto, considering it an investment.

Soon enough they were riding Bigarren and Arias out of town, kit strapped to his yvas, and when they returned to their camp by the Sanctuary, he followed Leto into his tent to look over what they had purchased and summon memosites to help them learn.

He sat cross-legged in Leto's tent, pulling things out of the kit while he waited for his friend to set things up for summoning.

To LetoYou can assume that whenever he's traveling with Sama'el, he can use the kit. For more details, look under the Poison section on the Price List.

Ledger Note :
-150 gm per Price List for a portable poisoncrafting kit.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Leto Sunsinger on June 29th, 2012, 10:42 am

Leto would not argue with Sama'el about the purchasing of the portable poisoncrafter's kit. The man knew an investment when he saw one, and decided it would assist The Watch better than just a few measly vials would. As they returned to Leto's tent, he would retrieve his parchment, quill and ink; and set to work upon the glyphs needed for the summoning of a memosite. The first thing he would do is draw the outer circle in order to help strengthen the leash. Then he'd draw the inner circle with sixteen slots upon it. Within each slot, he'd write a number counter clockwise in this order: 8492841047291777.

It happened to be the astral coordinates to the world of Swalden, where he'd summon the Memosite from, seeking specific knowledge on poisons. Once that was completed, he would then draw the barrier glyphs around the circle, and draw the cross in the center of the circle connecting the inner and outer circles. Finally, he'd draw a smaller circle in the middle of the cross where the portal to Swalden would start opening up once he added the most important ingredient, that being his lifeblood.

Once all of that was completed, he'd turn to Sama'el and smile, saying, "I'm ready to summon the memosite... we'll see what knowledge it brings us in this regard..." Turning back towards the parchment which he set upon the ground, he took out a needle, and broke the skin of his pointer finger, in order to allow smear of blood to appear upon the outer circle of the summoning circle, allowing his djed to flow into it, in order to activate it. As the portal was activated, the room around them within the tent got cold and dark as was normal in a summoning. The familiar oily smell could be sensed, and the swirly watery vortext could be seen appearing within the circles. The barrier glyphs held fast as a curious creature made it's way through the portal.

It looked like a stone, and Leto held the leash fast while beginning the process of giving it a memory in turn for one. This particular memory that Leto would give the memosite happened to be one from his old glyphing days, when he was just learning how to glyph. His uncle was teaching him the ways of glyphing, and in doing so, Leto was more than apt at drawing the glyphs, and preparing them for the reimancers of the other pavilions. Practice made perfect, and over the varying days of working, Leto finally became competent at drawing glyphs, able to do them over varying surfaces, from the ground to parchment, to stone. Once this memory of his becoming a competent glypher was successfully given to the memory stone, Leto queried for some information about poisons.

Luck wasn't one of Leto's many skills, but it just so happened that the memory stone would give some minor information about a pamphlet involving poison. It was as if Leto was looking through someone else's eyes as he was reading the notes given to the memory stone. Within them it spoke of poisons, regarding them as dangerous, and difficult to manage. It seemed that to properly craft a known poison one needed to dismantle it's parts, and then observe how the poison effects people. As the man continued to read the parchment and Leto looked through it's eyes, it seemed that Spider's poisons were strength sapping poisons, and that they could be found all over Taldera within caves, and the like. It also seemed that they'd need some knowledge upon spiders if they were to actually harvest the poison from them. Once Leto had his fill of the memory, and the memosite was satisfied with the memory given to it previously, Leto would give a gentle tug on the leash in order to pull the Memosite back through the portal, and when the portal closed, Leto turned to look towards Sama'el.

"Well, it seems that we were right getting a poison crafter's kit. Once we have the poison from the spiders which can be found all over Taldera, we should be able to synthesis it with the kit and then recreate the poison found... We'll need to study the spiders a bit to learn where their poison is located at once we've captured or killed one. And it seems that a spider's poison is for sapping strength," said Leto as he looked towards Sama'el and the poisoncrafter's kit. "The memory was of a man reading a parchment that gave an overview to poisons, possibly a guide to the lore of poisons... It seems we'll be able to learn up to three poisonous families, spiders being one, and as we continue to learn about poisons, we can add more families to our knowledge base... The stone didn't have much more to share other than that unfortunately..."
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on July 5th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Character: Sama’el
Experience: Animal Husbandry +1, Planning +2
Lore: Memosites help in learning things, How to make Vilemoss. Kseyden
Purchases: Stallion and Tack – 80 GM, Poisoncrafting kit -150 GM

Character: Leto Treebearer
Experience: Webbing +1, Planning +2, Summoning +1, Investigation +1
Lore: “Finding Sama’el” on the web, Giving and Extracting memory from a Memosite, Summoning from Swalden, Books In Pavi Don’t Exist, How to make Vilemoss. Kseyden

Additional Note: This was a hard thread for me to grade in the summoning portion since I know nothing at all about it. Let me know if there are any issues. I didn’t give Sam any riding because he didn’t describe in any detail any tricks he did, just that he did fancy mounts and dismounts which don’t merit XP unless described. There wasn’t a lot for me to grade here content wise. You also didn’t specify type and cost of vials.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous