Questions on worship

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Questions on worship

Postby Daya on June 30th, 2012, 12:20 am

this might be an obvious question/i may have managed to miss a chunk of lore which covers this and apologies if this is the case ...

while i understand most characters have a "main" God they are dedicated to, would they give worship to others when in need of a specific want? i.e do Gods control the weather, health, ect. for example would a farmer give thanks to Bala for a good harvest, a traveler in the Burning Lands pray to Makutsi for an oasis? and as i understand it Gods are in many ways a known reality how likely are they to respond or intervene?

i hope it isn't a silly question!

thank you!! :D
Daya
adrift

Words: 2666
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Questions on worship

Postby Verilian on July 8th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Yes, people can worship multiple gods, and pray to them when they want specific things. Not everyone knows about every god, since some of them are more secretive, especially the evil ones, but anyone can pray to any god they want. A farmer might pray to Bala, as you said, but might also pray to Syna, Makutsi, Caihya, any of the seasonal gods, Laat, Skerr, or any other god he knows of that he think could help him. How likely are the gods to answer depends on the god itself, but most gods won't answer a simple prayer. The need usually has to be great, and they usually have to be a devout follower.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Questions on worship

Postby Daya on July 9th, 2012, 11:24 pm

thanks for the help, it's certainly clarified things. i appreciate it!! :D
Daya
adrift

Words: 2666
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet