[Evalin's Scrapbook] A Summoner's Guided to the World

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Evalin on August 3rd, 2012, 11:51 am

Here is my pic of the day ^.^ Ok lets go take a test!

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on August 4th, 2012, 3:43 pm

This is for you Kaeson :P

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaeson Dakano on August 5th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Just saw this

^ likes. Hehe
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on August 5th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Ugh ok, after an entire week of studying and doing so much boringness, it is finally time for me to focus on Eva again. Yay! So now I need to figure out what I want to get done over the course of this day.

1) Reply to all threads
2) Work on my world write up
3) Do another Remancy solo
4) HAVE to do a summoning solo for Summer where Eva negotiates the terms with the Diverse once more.
5) Really need to iron out some of my ideas and concepts of Summoning via this scrap. This one may be moved up to after number 1.

Alright lets see what I can do. Oh and pic of the day will come later ^.^
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on August 6th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Wellll that was a bust. Ended up being pulled into a ton of RL stuff all night, and quite frankly it makes me sad :(

I shall try again tonight though! But I shall lower my goals a tad XD. I am just shooting to finish replying to all of Evas thread and halting there :P. I shall daydream in class some wonderful replies to the people I know are waiting haha.

Image of the day coming your way. It is actually raining here so I think it is appropriate.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on August 15th, 2012, 3:10 am

So I am finding more and more things about Evailn surprising. The span of her personality keeps changing and evolving, and honestly I am starting to become lost in the sudden ebb and flow of time. Today I have written 2 posts for Evalin and in one she was a complete B. She mocked Rayage and was complete sarcastic, pulling out half veiled insults mixed with fake respect. The next was in a flashback, and in it it seemed like her personality was completely different. She was calm, cold and calculating, but still completely unnerving to say the least. She spoke intimately of herself (though the person could not know that) and the passion she felt was something I had not seen since the time she was turned into a nuit.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that even now Evalin is a very complex creature. Her personality and way of thinking is drastically different depending on her timeline, and I am always surprised by the things she says (even though I wrote them!). I wonder if anyone else gets that way sometimes lol.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on August 23rd, 2012, 8:23 pm

I have noticed more and more in my writings that my grasp on Evalin has slipped since her creation. Always I envisioned her as cold, in control and unswayable. I have veiwed her has ruthless, but cruel to only an extent. Recently I have seen a different Eva. I have seen an Eva that is little more than a brat, selfish and emotional far beyond anything I have ever wanted. So what does that mean? Well to put it simply I have lost track of who she is as a character. It is time to fix that now.

Now I will put down some traits that will help me guide my views of Evalin. Hopefully this will help me in the future when I find myself seeing an Evalin that I do not wish for.

1) First and for most Evalin is cold. Her eyes hold nothing. No anger, no ambition, no emotions to be seen. From time to time there may be a sense of pride, but never arrogance because she has long since learned the follies of that. She should be detached from this world, seeking to control it from the distance with a calculating mind that does not allow for anything but cold logic to control it.

2) She should never be emotional. She should not be readable, her reactions should not be guessable. She should be stagnant, trapped outside the flow of the world and unmovable by the current from where she stands at the rivers edge.

3) Nothing matters but the goal. People, events, outcomes, reasons, methods, nothing should stand in the way of her ultimate goals.

4) The simplest method should always be taken over long and drawn out ones. To overcomplicate matters is to waste time, and while she is immortal Evalin does not wish to spend century upon century without moving forward with her plans. Do not waste movements, do not squander recourses. Do not take risks. Do not let the actions of others sway you otherwise.

5) People are to be used. There are no friends. There are no allies. Social ties are nooses, nothing more than cords that tighten about ones throat over time. Some resources are meant to be treated better than others, but in the grand scheme of things even the greatest minds of this world are nothing more than stepping stones.

6) When a tool is no longer useful cast it aside. Do not allow sentiments to cloud your view of the past. Do not let the illusion of "friendships" cause you to stumble along your path. Do not allow your tools to know your true views of them. Let them think you are a companion, an ally in the journey, but come the time when their purpose has come and gone be rid of them forever.

7) Do not leave a trail. Do not allow whispers to follow. Leave nothing but ash and stone where you stood. Sever all ties when all tasks at hand are completed. Do not let the threads of tools bind you in place and pull you down into the pit.

8 ) Nothing is worth your life. If retrieving a needed item is within the depths of the darkest pits, send a tool to retrieve it for you. If a friend is a liability do not hesitate to wipe all trace of them out, even if they held some purpose to you still. Your life is all that matters. Your life and the goal. All else can be replaced.

9) Be ruthless. Be cruel, but do not be in excess. If you must kill kill quickly and without hesitation. If you must torture do so in a way that leaves nothing behind. If you cannot be rid of a body mar it beyond recognition. When possible completely dispose of a corpse. Never leave the face in tact. Do not take pleasure in the act of killing. It is a method, a means to an end. Do not let it distract you.

10) Mercy is not weakness, it is a means to an end. Show your cruelty, but from time to time show a goodness, a sense of righteousness. Let others think you can be reasoned with. Let them think you ruthless, but still give hints of a greater good. At times the smallest amount of kindness can bind tighter than any chain.

There you go. 10 rules to help me stay in Eva's character in threads. Hopefully if I run into a difficult situation I can turn to one of these rules and work my way through it. More may come with time, and others might alter slightly. Yes some of them do sound nearly the same, but I promise you they are not.

All in all Evalin is a very dark character. I have never written for someone like her before, and I must admit that at times it is difficult to keep from doing what "I" would do and stick with what "SHE" would do. I really do enjoy this role a lot actually. It gets boring always playing sweet and nice girls and bold and heroic men. Eva is a good change :)
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nira'lia on August 24th, 2012, 3:11 am

Evalin is badass. ;) I love the idea of making a guide. I'm probably going to snag this idea from you soon. I also love how you did "8 )". LOL.

8)
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Naeya on August 24th, 2012, 4:45 am

I'm with Nira'lia. A character guide is a fantastic idea! We all get off-track every once in a while, and this is a great way to re-focus your writing. Thanks for sharing, Evalin. You might see this appearing in my scrapbook as well, probably sometime in the near future.

Also, major points to you for playing such a dark, badass character. I completely sympathize with the difficulties you have staying in that role - it's always easier (but not necessarily as rewarding) to play what you know. You've got a really interesting PC, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her!
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Evalin on August 24th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Thank you both! Feel free to take what I have done and make it your own, and in turn I might just borrow some of your own ideas for myself ;).

@Nira: Ugh you know my struggles with that accursed number 8! I make amazing, pretty lists that are neat and organized and look amazing, and then sudden I post it and I look down and see 8) just hanging around in there like he owns the joint -_-. I think I am losing hair from the number of times I have pulled it out editing my posts. Oh the curses of being a list make lol

@Naeya: Thank you so much :). Admittedly Eva is difficult, but as you said it is rewarding. I recently noticed that in some threads she is literally HATED, and I thought to myself, "Well this sucks..." Then I realized, oh wait I she is supposed to be hated. Mind bender 0.o

To anyone else who might wonder why I did it this way, I did try a character diamond but I am someone who needs to have detailed sentences to keep focused on. The diamond did help a little bit, but it just did not cover everything I wanted/needed for Evalin. So instead of getting to what makes her who she is, I decided instead to give myself rules for writing for her. The list is actually a list of rules Eva has made for herself, so while I as a writer follow these guidelines, Eva as a character does as well. That is also why I slowly began slipping from third person into using "you" instead.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext