Gale's Real Fortune...Maybe (Lucas)

Gale actually gets his real fortune told...Maybe...If he doesn't get sucked up in conversation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 16th, 2012, 9:47 pm

ImageImageImage

Fall 5th, 512 A.V.
Market, Lucas' Tent

OOC :
Continueing off of Lucas the Fake Fortune Teller

It felt odd. Very odd. Knowing that you were wearing what once was a dress. Hopefully the black "shirt" just looked like a really beat up and ripped shirt. No one wants to be known as the man who wears dresses. Unless you were a really weird man. But he wasn't a weird man. Confused and probably going crazy but he wasn't weird. Except his logic was a little off but that's beside the point. Gale was adjusting the semi long shirt awkwardly like someone who was trying to break into knew shoes. The cloth was so itchy, how do girls stand this stuff? He didn't even know what this shirt was made of. He assumed it was cotton at first but now he was having his doubts. He didn't even like black all that much. It wasn't particularly his color. Blonde hair and blue eyes, brown tattered pants and basic boots with a black ripped shirt. He didn't really like the style but beggars can't be choosers he supposed.
Stealing a shirt had perks but had plenty of downsides. Maybe he should have gotten the shirt today. He at least would have been able to take his time choosing something that wasn't so uncomfortable. But that's what you get when you are rash with your thoughts.

Gale sighed and shoved his hands in his pocket to prevent from further fidgeting. What was he doing in the market today? He was just on his daily walk. He didn't have anything particular planned today actually. He sold a drawing not to long ago that he had drawn early
in the Summer so he figured he would have a day where he can just not do anything. He wasn't going to help anyone like he had yesterday, he wasn't going to start any projects, he wasn't even going to the Kelp Bar. The Kelp Bar always ended in some sort of excitement for him.

But when he saw a tent with a pallet of colors he couldn't help but laugh. "Ha!" Another fortune teller! What a coincidence. He had just talked to one the
other day, though it wasn't really for his fortune. It was more of advice more like. This one was free though so why not get his fortune told? After all he wasn't doing anything. Besides, whatever this teller had to say wouldn't make him want to commit suicide anymore then healready had. Still is really but it wasn't such a bad day. He didn't succeed in his attempts and he supposed that was something to be thankful for, though it took a lot of painful convincing. He was in a fairly good mood for a conflicted blonde who had all sorts of problems.

Gale approached the colorful tent with a curios smirk stretching across his lips. At least the tent was much more playful and customer friendly then the dark tent of the hooded Nuit. Peeking his head in to make sure no one was already having their fortune told, Gale entered. At least he had a shirt this time. He wouldn't want a- lad? He was rather young wasn't he? Younger then himself which he found odd. It would certainly be interesting for him to get his fortune told by someone younger then himself. As Gale approach the eighteen year old, he glanced around at the paintings. "Hm." Interesting paintings but well done. He asked almost subconsciously," Lovely art work. Did you do them yourself?" Being an artist himself, Gale couldn't help but ask. Meeting fellow artists was always a treat. Though, Gale didn't know that this was Lucas, the artist that
Hadrian had recommended him meeting Not that it really mattered right now. He was just here to get a fortune told and relax a bit but a conversation about something he was interested would also be just as entertaining. He wasn't being particularly formal at this point since it didn't seem anything here was. A colorful tent, irrelevant art, and a young lad who was giving fortunes. He had a feeling this was going to be very amusing.

Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on September 20th, 2012, 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Lucas Arias on September 17th, 2012, 11:00 am

Lucas wasn’t wearing a dress that he called a shirt – he’d rather die than be caught wearing a dress – but his choice of clothes left something to be desired as well. His clothes were clean, but none of them actually matched. His shirt was red even though he’d often been told that red haired people should never wear red clothes – his pants were green, his boots brown and his cloak was of course black for that little bit of additional mystery. He also had a sword that leaned against his table. You never knew what kind of people wanted to have their fortune told.

As Gale entered the tent, Lucas was just busy decorating the bones he’d gotten from the nearest butcher with fancy carvings and mysterious words (mostly Arumenic and a bit of Symenos). Anselm had had runes on his bones, but Lucas didn’t know anything about runes, so this would have to do.

As Gale complimented his artwork, he put the bones away and looked up. „Yes“, he confirmed and smiled proudly. „I’m good, am I not? You can buy any of these paintings for five silvers. And for a golden miza I’ll make a portrait of you and sign it. I’ll soon be famous, so in a couple of years you’ll be able to sell your portrait for at least fifty golden mizas. If you want to, I’ll even give you horns, a tail or a third eye. Horns make everybody look better.“

„And while I paint you, I’ll tell your fortune. How does that sound?“

„By the way, you should probably visit a tailor“,
he added after he had taken a closer look at Gale who, he was pleased to note, was about his own height. He’d been getting tired of looking up at almost every man he met. „Your shirt doesn’t fit properly, and it’s ripped as well.“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 17th, 2012, 2:01 pm

ImageImageImage

Disregarding the mismatching clothes, Gale listened to the boy as he went on about becoming famous. Seemed like he brushed his ego slightly. But at least the boy had dreams. Who knows, maybe he will, but Gale couldn't really spend a whole lot on things like that, especially when he could draw his own. But Gale smiled and chuckled softly, his rather deep voice (which didn't really match him in general) replying,"I think I'm good at the moment. Maybe some other time, I have a ton of pictures and paintings I have to get rid of before I can go and buy some." Gale told him. The boy seemed to be more of one interested in people and creatures while Gale was more interested in objects (specifically flowers.) and different views of the city and ocean.

Gale couldn't help but laughed a little at the comment on his shirt, however. How did he know he was going to bring that up? " Ha! I probably should shouldn't I? Yeeaah, I can't really be picky you know, the seasons have been rather slow." Gale shrugged. "This is actually my better shirt." Gale pinched the front of his shirt and tugging on it slightly as if to emphasize it. It was, considering the other shirt he owned didn't even have sides and was splattered in blood and eye guts. It still confused Gale as to how he could have done such a
horrible deed.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lucas Arias on September 20th, 2012, 9:19 am

As Gale informed him that he had a ton of pictures and paintings he had to get rid of, Lucas‘ eyes widened, and he smiled all over his face even though the man had just refused to buy something from him.

“So you are an artist as well?” he wanted to know. It had been a while since he had been able to talk to a ‘colleague’! “Did you study at the University of Zeltiva? I’m taking painting classes there. My parents originally wanted me to become a brave and noble knight, but I like painting better than killing people. It’s more creative. Besides, being brave and noble is overrated.”

“What does your other shirt look like?” he then asked, secretly thinking that it was probably so full of holes that it had just fallen off Gale’s body. He also couldn’t help but wonder how good Gale was. Probably not very good if the state of his clothes was any indication.

Still, he suggested, “You should show me some of your own masterpieces sometimes. We could compare. By the way, you can still get a fortune telling, even though you don’t want to buy my art. Take a seat.” He pointed at the chair that was standing opposite his own. It had been very cheap and looked the part, but it would most likely support Gale’s weight.

As much as Lucas welcomed the opportunity to talk to a fellow artist, he also needed a victim.
Last edited by Lucas Arias on September 20th, 2012, 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 20th, 2012, 2:29 pm

ImageImageImage

It was hard not to notice the look on Lucas' face when he replied. A half smile came across his own in amusement. "Yes, I am. And I did study at the University." Gale replied simply. The lad seemed very excited about this, and he was rather excited to meet another artist but he was able to keep his excitement contained fairly well. "and I fully understand where you're coming from. I'm not one for a lot of action really so a life of a Knight wouldn't really be my thing." Gale was actually relating to more of the fact about killing people but what he spoke of was also true, though his dislike for action hasn't prevent him from having any.

Gale couldn't help but get a little pale when Lucas asked about his other shirt. He looked at him with a blank face for a few moments before saying,"It doesn't really have any sides and it's just covered in grim." He said. Both were true but he made sure to not be specific with what the grim really was. Blood and eye guts.

Gale relaxed slightly when the subject was turned to art again. He went over and took a seat and said,"Yeah, maybe sometime. I usually try to sell my work over by the tree at the end of the market? You've seen it right? A big Willow tree?I might change what type of tree it is once I get a response to what type of trees and plants grow in the city, since we don't have a flora and fauna list. Anyway, we should probably get the fortune done so I'm not holding up any other customers, no?"

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lucas Arias on September 25th, 2012, 2:08 pm

„I don’t mind action“, Lucas informed Gale. „As long as it’s the right kind of action. Apart from everything else being a squire was boring. As a squire you do the same things every day – for years. You won’t believe how much that got on my nerves.“

„And if your other shirt is dirty, you should consider washing it“,
he continued, changing the topic without any break whatsoever in between. „Although if it doesn’t have any sides, washing might do little to improve it. Best to buy a new one even if you are poor. People are more inclined to buy from well dressed people, so you’d get the money back in no time.“

„Anyway, I know that tree. I’ve never seen you there though. Maybe I didn’t pay attention. As for the fortune telling …“
He nearly laughed at Gale’s comment about holding his other customers up. Lucas hadn’t had any other customers so far, and he wasn’t sure if he ever would. He mostly did this for fun, not to earn money, unlike Anselm. Speaking of Anselm, how had he started?

„… fortune telling takes time if you want to do it properly“, he continued once he remembered what Anselm had said. „They’d better understand that. What I need from you now is a question – or several questions – so that I know what I have to look for when I throw the bones. And don’t blame me if you don’t like the answer. Blame the gods, or the headmaster of the university or that weird guy with the cloak that sits in a tent on the other side of the market.“

„Do you have a question for me?“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 26th, 2012, 1:11 am

ImageImageImage

A smirk made it's way onto the murderer's lips when he gave some advice on attire. He was probably right but buying a shirt had been delayed over and over again. He supposed he could buy one after this. He did need it after all. He couldn't stand this itchy dress/shirt thing much longer.

When the response to the tree came by, Gale wondered how Lucas had never seen him there. He's there almost every- no, he was there everyday. Everyone else manages to spot him. Some people even
watch him like some weird stalker. But like he said, he probably never paid attention. Gale didn't really stick out of the crowd much. Except for the last bit of summer and a little bit this season in which he didn't even have a shirt, besides his dreadfully horrible one. He would never wear that again. Ever. Especially here. He should probably just throw it out. But then again, someone could find it and make the search for him even more intense.

Gale couldn't help but chuckle softly, his low voice bellowing slightly, when he mentioned blaming the gods or the hooded fellow he met the other day. He already was pretty much blaming everything on the gods. They claimed to be their rules and all so they got all the good and bad attention they deserved, in Gale's opinion. Gale wasn't a big fan of any supernatural beings or magic. Though he knew they were there but to him that's all they were. Just there. Until recently that is. They seem to be popping up everywhere now and days.

Gale thought for a moment on a question. Gale asked about what to when you're in a lot of trouble and you can't get out. He got the answer to Adapt. Maybe he can form some sort of interesting question for the boy on adapting, see what he comes up with.

"How does one adapt to adapting?"Gale wasn't comfortable adapting to his "problem", thus meaning he would have to adapt and become comfortable in order to adapt. That made sense right? It at least made sense to Gale. A strange, but similar question,"Or better yet, how does one adapt to fear?" It sounded a little odd when you didn't know both sides of the story but to Gale it made perfect sense. He didn't want to adapt to his current situation at all. Why? Because he was afraid of what he would become.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lucas Arias on October 3rd, 2012, 6:02 am

As Lucas heard Gale’s question, the fake fortune teller made a face. He didn’t know what to make of it, and he wasn’t sure if he could come up with a funny answer either. So, to gain some time to think about what he was going to say to his visitor, he emptied the bowl of bones onto the table and then murmurred a lot of cryptic nonsense about solid and broken things. And then he took Anselm’s book and leafed through it, but unfortunately the oracles were just as useful as before – not at all.

And then he complained, „You didn’t ask me anything about your future. I’m a fortune teller, not your advisor, and I need to know more details to give you a good answer of course. But because I’m such a nice person, I’ll answer your question anyway.“

„You don’t adapt to fear. At least I don’t. Constantly living in fear is bad for you. When I was fighting in that huge tournament in Nyka and they confronted me with fireball throwing mages and monks that were at least twice my height, I just turned my fear off. And pictured them without their clothes. And accused them of having sex with goats. In Arumenic of course. It worked really well. They lost, and I won.“

„What are you afraid of? Did you insult somebody with your drawings? I made caricatures of a squire in Syliras once. He wasn’t particularly happy that I drew him in a loving embrace with another squire – even though that other squire was really good with a sword. He ran to the knights, and they forced me to clean the stables.“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on October 4th, 2012, 3:46 am

ImageImageImage

Watching Lucas mess with the bones and flipping through the book,the artist looked at the lad, not sure if he was going to take his question seriously. Gale didn't even really take his question seriously. He didn't exactly want to know the answer but thought it would be an interesting question for the boy to start off with.

But the lad's response...To be truly honest, Gale wanted to just laugh. Lucas' whole story was rather amusing to the murderer. (who unfortunately hadn't laughed in a long while) He held back his laughter as best he could, however, it forming into a wide grin instead. As Lucas explained a way on how to not be afraid, Gale failed to keep all noise back. He snorted loudly, covering his mouth with a fist, trying so hard to not laugh. He didn't want to be rude. He was young and probably one of his first times Fortune Telling. Gale didn't think he would appreciate someone laughing at him. But it was so hard not too.

"Of course you did." Gale responded to his conclusion of how the battle went. Though it sounded like he had something stuck in his throat, still wearing that ear to ear grin.

The blonde placed his hands on his knees, and replied to his other question, though chuckling the first sentence despite his efforts not too,"No, nothing like that." Gale shook his head, still thinking about Lucas' comment on the tournament.

"Okay, so you want a literal fortune then? Okay." Gale's grin faded and he seemed to be in control of himself once again. He switched the conversation back to the fortune, not wanting to get into why he was afraid."Um, how about you tell me about something I'll get into later on. As in like, a hobby or something." Gale shrugged. Wasn't the most complicated fortune ever but hey, at least it was a question about his future.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lucas Arias on October 11th, 2012, 5:51 am

As Gale began to laugh, the failed squire and fake fortune teller looked rather irritated for a moment, but then he laughed as well because being laughed at was much better than being beaten up, besides he wanted this fortune telling to be funny. He felt the need to point something out though. „I was very successful in that tournament. Ask Uphis. He was there, and he is an Alvina.“

As Gale informed him that he hadn’t insulted anybody with his drawings, Lucas sighed and pouted a bit. He was disappointed. „Alright“, he murmurred. „If you ever feel the need to insult somebody though, let me know. I know all about making people angry, both with words and with drawings. I used to work in the Sharp Tongue Pub where you get paid for insulting people.“

As Gale asked another question, Lucas smiled and threw the bones again. He even took another look into Anselm’s book, but the current oracle was just as cryptic as the previous one, so he took the book and threw it down. He already had a good answer for his visitor anyway.

He waved his hands around, murmurred some nonsense in Arumenic and pretended to be all mysterious for a moment, and then he told Gale, „You’ll learn magic. Or maybe you’ve already begun to learn it. I don’t know. Anyway, you’ll become really good at it. You’ll overgive a few times, fall in love with a goat because you think she’s a hot girl, and then you’ll discover a treasure. There’s a treasure hidden in that magic lab in Syliras, and you need Voiding to access it. So if you decide on magic as a hobby, no matter which disciplines interest you, you should also consider studying Voiding.“

„And you’ll meet a god. I’m not sure which god. Maybe you’ll meet Rhysol and fall in love with him as well even though he’s pure evil. Or Rak’keli. She’s a really nice goddess. Or maybe Kelwyn. They are kind of cool as well. They gave me their mark.“

He smiled proudly.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next