[Drykas Camp] The Better Man (Sama'el)

Ronan unburdens his guilt.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Ronan on July 7th, 2012, 6:53 am

Ronan smiled at his words, before Sama'el paused in the darkness, breathing audibly. He squinted, trying to make out his expression.

Before the Elders and Ankals. That was enough. That was everything. Ronan tried to stifle the excitement bubbling up inside of him. It was the thought of family - of being part of something solid and strong.

"Brother in heart, brother in name," he swore quietely, finally pulling his hand from Sam's shoulder. "Blood doesn't matter anymore."

It truly made no difference. Ronan saw Sama'el as family, whether blood and breeding dictated it or not. After all, were the Drykas not all family anyway? They were united by their struggle in the grasses, by their marks and their Striders.

"I would be honoured."
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on July 8th, 2012, 4:34 am

"As would I be honored," he agreed, taking Ronan's wrist in a Drykas shake. "Brother."

He was, in fact, honored, especially considering he had drawn shame on his unspoken name by angering the Great Mother. But he would take the year he had been given to honor Her too, and save Issima, and save their child, and save himself, he hoped, else he might have to pass his name to Ronan to look after his family should his life be forfeit.

One never knew with the gods.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Valkyrie on October 5th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Ronan Sunsinger :
Experience
1 Reimancy
1 Rhetoric

Lore
Dwelling on Guilt
Blood is Unnecessary for Brotherhood

Other
N/A

Notes: This was a great thread and held a lot of development for Sama’el and Ronan’s relationship. I really liked the emphasis on family and how it doesn’t have to be determined by blood. I enjoyed Ronan’s reflections on this and the distance he feels for those who actually are his blood family. Well done, this was very well written.

Sama’el Sunsinger :
Experience
2 Leadership
1 Rhetoric

Lore
Extending an Offer of Brotherhood

Other
N/A

Notes: This was a great thread and I really enjoyed reading it. I liked how Sama’el tried to keep his worries away from Ronan and tried to ease his guilt which is why I gave you a point in leadership. The other leadership point is for inviting Ronan to formalize their brotherhood, you can’t be much of a leader if you don’t bring others under your leadership. This was a well-written thread of reflection and conversation.

You Will Be Collected if Worthy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous