A New Chapter (Clyde)

Gallo and Clyde meet for a second time as the journey of apprenticeship continues.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A New Chapter (Clyde)

Postby Clandestine Duplais on October 11th, 2012, 3:13 am

Gallo nodded as Clyde gave him the finished scroll. He nodded and smiled satisfied with his lesson despite the conflict of personality.

"Thank you for your time and patience. I will work on this and hopefully become as skilled as yourself soon." Gallo chuckled as he knew it was still a long journey ahead of him. He took the bit of parchment and rolled it into another larger piece of paper to protect it.

He set it aside for safe keeping as he wanted to hold onto it for a long while. Mostly to study it, but also in case he actually needed a flame to start a fire. "You don't have to leave if you want to stay a bit longer." Gallo sat back on his chair. "My house is yours so long as you knock, and don't send it into an inferno."

The invitation was given but whether or not Clyde would stay was up to the man himself. It was a mystery to him if Clyde wanted a strictly professional relationship or if there was enough time for a platonic one. But that was a matter that would be solved only with time.
Clandestine Duplais
Player

Words: 73447
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 12:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

A New Chapter (Clyde)

Postby Persona on November 4th, 2012, 7:39 pm

Thread Award!

Gallo Duplais:

Skills:
Drawing +3
Glyphing +5
Running +1
Flux +1
Subterfuge +2
Interrogation +4
Persuasion +1

Lores:
The Temple of the Black Sun: Under Construction
Details of How a Glyph Vanishes
Breaking a Glyph Releases the Spell Inside
Clyde: Easily Frustrated

Extras:
(See Note below)
Ledger: -6gm 6sm 5cm
Gained Possessions:
  • journal
  • quill
  • 1 oz vial of black ink
  • 2 sheets of parchment
  • 3 scraps of parchment
  • scroll imbued with Fire, wrapped in a sheet of paper

Notes:
You used a number of items (paper and such) in this thread without having them in your inventory. Since this is the first time I’ve seen you do this, I’ll take the items out of your ledger, but it is preferred for you to obtain your possessions in-character. You need not make a thread entirely for shopping; devoting a small paragraph to mention you went shopping on your way somewhere in any thread is more than sufficient. But paper and ink do cost money, so please do not simply assume you have some lying about. In the future, make sure you have items in your possessions list before using them in a thread.

Below is a breakdown of what was used in the thread, as well as how much it would have cost. As usual, PM with any questions, concerns, or complaints :)

Breakdown :
Note in the future that there is a difference between paper and parchment. Paper is twice as expensive.

By my reckoning, at the beginning of the thread, you had the following (these account for the subtraction from your ledger):

quill (5cm)
ink (2gm per 1 oz vial, black)
journal (3gm for a blank book)
2 sheets paper (4sm per sheet)
4 sheets parchment (2sm per sheet)

Throughout the thread, you used a sheet of paper and a sheet of parchment toward the beginning of the thread. (You now have: 1 paper, 3 parchment)

Clyde used three pieces of your parchment (one of which was torn, leaving 4 scraps behind) (You now have: 1 paper, 0 parchment, 4 scraps)

...but then replaced them from his own supply. (You now have: 1 paper, 3 parchment, 4 scraps)

Then he used one of said pieces of parchment. (You now have: 1 paper, 2 parchment, 4 scraps)

One of the scraps was used to make the scroll, which was then wrapped in another sheet of paper. (You now have: 2 parchment, 3 scraps, 1 scroll wrapped in a sheet of paper)

If you thinik I missed anything, feel free to point it out.

Clyde Sullins:

Skills:
Teaching +5
Investigation +1
Glyphing +3
Persuasion +1
Intimidation +1
Meditation +1

Lores:
Gallo: The Impudent Apprentice

Extras:
Possessions: -3 sheets of parchments

Notes:
Since this was mostly a teaching thread, you did not learn quite as much as your apprentice, but I hope you will be satisfied. Also remember that from here on out it will be much harder to earn Glyphing xp. You won’t gain much experience from writing the same old scrolls, so you should push your limits and try more complicated set-ups. :)

If you feel this grade was unfair in any way, or would like to request changes to this grade, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous