[Flashback] Arrival in Denval (Oluse)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Veldrys on February 10th, 2012, 2:21 pm

„Ah, ginger“, the Symenestra repeated and nodded. „I use ginger as well every once in a while, although it is harder to get in Kalinor. We have to get many things from outside, and traders don’t always come there regularly. I didn’t know that it was available in Denval. May I see it?“ He took a look at it, finding no obvious flaws. It seemed to be of good quality. „Personally I prefer to mix it with something sweet“, he admitted. „I like the mixture of sugar and the spicy taste of ginger. It’s a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.“

„As for miscarriages“, he continued and made a face. This was one of the effects of ginger that he hadn’t been aware of. He needed to keep it in mind if he ever treated a woman that was pregnant or wanted to become pregnant. „I’m not a woman nor do I intend to become a father at the moment, and thus this will be of no concern to me.“ In fact he wondered if a regular intake of ginger wouldn’t be a good idea. He had absolutely no interest in fathering a venomous child that would then proceed to kill its mother. Did ginger also decrease the chance of a man to father a child?

„Where I come from, we put parsley into our food“, he admitted. „We don’t use it to lower a fever. As for garlic, I’d like to have some as well. It will be good to have a few of those plants in case I fall ill or need to treat somebody. Do you also have chamomile? It is good for digestive problems, and a tea made of it is quite delicious. It might calm my stomach down further.“ He put a hand on his stomach, unaware of the thought that were going through Oluse’s mind.

As Oluse told him the price, he pulled out a small bag, removed the required amount of money from it and handed the coins to him. „Here you are. I would also appreciate it if you could tell me where I can find an inn and where the local temple of Viratas is. From what I have heard, the people of Denval worship him.“
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Oluse on November 10th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Oluse professed t enjoying sweetened herbal remedies himself, but could not help but advice against too much sugar when treating patients. Then again, he knew little about Symestra biology, perhaps they needed more sugar to help add some energy to their blood. He could not get over how ill this man appeared.

With his father's money in hand and the herbs with the foreigner he was suddenly more than ready to let him go, barring that question he had. First, an answer.

"The chapel? We only have one, really. But, yes, of course we worship Virates." He was almost offended by the mere notion that they may not. "The Chapel is right up the road there and to the right by itself. You really can't miss it. It has a colored glass window right at it's peak." It was true, not much could be hidden in Denval, it was a small outpost, even Oluse knew this.

"Oh, and one more thing, Mr..." The Denval realized the man had not given his name properly and this put him suddenly on edge, he did not cope with foreign traditions or the lack there of very well at all. "Why have you come to Denval?"
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Previous