[Crypt's Scrapbook] A cup of tea, good sir?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

My Scraps.

Postby Crypt on November 11th, 2012, 12:30 am

We're one-third of the way, and I'm feeling burnt out. I'll be taking it easy today, and for the next few days, so I'll give Ronan and Clyde the chance to catch up to me.

Name of statistic Number
Words so far 32988
Words to go 17012
Mean number of words/day 3298.8
Personal rank on Tarot's list 3
People meeting daily target (i.e. >=16667 words) 20

More or less the same result as yesterday. Good to see people trying! Still, there's 20 days left, so there's still time!
Last edited by Crypt on November 12th, 2012, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

My Scraps.

Postby Crypt on November 11th, 2012, 11:59 pm

Clyde's surpassed me! No surprise there, I've been taking a break, just writing at a slow speed. I'm going to do this until this weekend, then it's back to being the person that writes more than 4k words a day. I know, not the best title, but that's all I have.

Name of statistic Number
Words so far 34925
Words to go 15075
Mean number of words/day 3175
Personal ranking in Tarot's list 4
Number of people meeting daily targets (>=18333 words) 19

Have a dog, with stiff upper lip and all that. :D

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

My Scraps.

Postby Crypt on November 16th, 2012, 2:36 pm

Annnnnnnd..... An update! Well, I'm not doing the statistics thing any more, I'm simply too lazy right now. Exams have all ended and I'm trying to enjoy life now.

Well, according to Tarot's list, I'm at 40091 words as of this morning, so that's pretty good. For me, that is. I've never written so much over the course of about 15 days, and that's a huge improvement. Sure, I've written some fanfiction - about 1000 words a day, but that's all . Congratulations to Clyde and Sliver for reaching the targets!

It has come to my attention that all my posts in my scrapbook are rather boring, depressing or downright offending, so here's another picture to brighten up your day/afternoon/night!

Awwwww....

And yes, even though I'm a male, I enjoy such things.

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

My Scraps.

Postby Crypt on November 29th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Curses! A pox on holidays! I'm still on holiday and I've forgotten about NaNoWriMo. Well, that's it. I really hate to say this (Although it is true), but RL takes precedence over RP-ing, so it's over for me. Pity too. I'm short of about 5000 words, but I can't really write that much. Well, it's been a good run. Maybe next year I'll get it - if my schoolwork doesn't pile up. Isn't there an Excuses medal? I think Eri mentioned it in chat, but then again he's probably joking. Well, here's my clearly-fabricated excuse, just for kicks:

Has anyone ever undergone an enema? Well, I have. And it was painful and embarrassing - excruciatingly so. You see, I didn't eat any vegetables or fruits for about three weeks, and in addition to my scurvy, which made most of my teeth fall out, I encountered the wonders of constipation, spending long hours in the toilet when I could have been writing for NaNoWriMo on Mizahar. When I finally sought medical care, to my utmost horror, they were out of laxatives, and the only option was via enema. Normally, I would never do such a thing, but my posterior was hurting rather badly. And so I did it.

Halfway through the procedure, the enema device (or what was sticking into my anus) got stuck. The doctor and a nurse tried to simply pull it out, but it caused me too much pain for them to continue. As such, they had to operate on my rear end, widening the opening to ease the device out. A rather... unorthodox method, but they had only a short amount of time before the next patient went in.

It succeeded partially, the enema device being successfully removed, but a power outage occurred just as they were 'cleaning up'. The backup generators were up and running a few seconds later, but unfortunately, the doctor moved onto a particularly slippery spot on the floor and fell, bringing me down with him. Naturally, the scapel just had to fall at the right time to cut a very deep gash on the backs of both of my hands.

The bowel stimulant worked (I was defecating like crazy the next hour on the hospital bed - it was the best cathartic experience of my life), but I spent a week or two with both hands bandaged and unable to type much.

There. Done. It is rather poorly done - sub-standard, I feel - but it's an excuse.

Image of the day:

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

My Scraps.

Postby Tarot on November 29th, 2012, 2:22 pm

The medal is real and will be named something along the lines of "the dog ate my post". Your story exemplifies the medal's concept to new heights of perfection...

however, 5000 is perfectly manageable in two nights if you engage in a long-winded solo. It ain't over till it's over. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

My Scraps.

Postby Crypt on November 29th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Thanks for your compliment and encouragement, Tarot :)

Never realised that my contrived excuse was that good - I assume it's good enough to win that medal? If so, I'm really, really tempted to stop one word short (if I can accomplish such a feat - I don't really know how many words I have left since I made a post or two today) of the 50k goal.

Well, I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'm reading 'The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich' by William Shirer, and it's been a fascinating read so far, so if I get too distracted, I'm not going to make it. Books also take precedence over Mizahar for me, especially books about the Nazis.

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

My Scraps.

Postby Crypt on December 1st, 2012, 3:54 pm

Congratulations to Sybel for being the Featured Character! I really should post in the interview thread, but I'm just too lazy to do so. I've role-played with her only once but it was rather enjoyable doing so - pity Crypt and Sybel didn't get into a fight; Crypt has a slight advantage in terms of combat, but Sybel has quite a large amount of tenacity, so the outcome won't be as clear. Still, she's done very well here in Mizahar. A toast (with a cup of tea) to Sybel!

This has got me all fired up about role-playing. I now have an irrational desire to sit at my desk and start writing like crazy. This desire is currently at war with my tendency to be very lazy (extremely, rather). Still, I'm going to try to develop Crypt's character and personality even more in this new, wintry season, even though he seems to be coming alive - who knows? One day he might be a Featured Character, despite the fact that he is partially unstable (The rather cliché 'madman', the insane fool, etc., etc., to the point of ad nauseam; honestly, I didn't know about all that until Kavala told me so). Quite a few experienced role-players display what appears to be some sort of disdain for this type of character. I hope to be able to overcome that, and make sure Crypt isn't just another of the abovementioned characters.

Image of the night!

God bless you, Monty Python!

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Crypt's Scrapbook] My Scraps.

Postby Crypt on December 9th, 2012, 2:34 pm

I've finally gotten a new avatar! Admittedly, it looks quite similar to a few avatars I've seen, but hopefully the difference is enough to allow me to keep this one. I edited the original picture (see his peculiar left eye?) with Paint, and you can see the discrepancies if you enlarge the picture. But Crypt's fine looking like this; rather dashing, if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I'm trying to catch up with my solo threads that I've been neglecting for the past month - hopefully it all goes well, since Valkyrie promised to mod Morwen more than a month ago when I reach a certain stage in one of my threads. I'd hate to trouble her.

Here's the picture of the day! It demonstrates the sheer immaturity of yours truly, so be warned! Might be too mature for children.

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Crypt on December 15th, 2012, 9:50 am

This is Crypt's girlfriend. He has been hospitalized quite recently for a case of food poisoning, and as such is in no state to write. He asks that he be given some time to recuperate, and apologises for being unable to reply to any posts.

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Crypt on December 22nd, 2012, 7:58 am

I'm back! Hello there, everyone! I will be posting replies to everything I've missed over the past week or so, so don't worry!

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)