The Contract [Private, Jaquise]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Tarot on May 20th, 2010, 7:55 pm

As Jaquise loosened his control over the portal, something unexpected happened - if he was expecting to feel a gust of icy wind from Fyrden, that is. Quite the opposite took place, reminding him that magic could be very treacherous. The portal began to suck air from the room and into the hostile planet, which existed in a near-vacuum devoid of pressure and atmosphere. Jaquise almost lost his balance from the strong air current, and only his reflexes kept him on his feet and prevented him from falling through the opening, which would have spelled his instant death.

"Oops," said Roghon. "Been a long time since I opened a gateway to that rathole. I forgot about pressurization issues." Jaquise would never know if that was actually the truth or not. As a race, the Nuit had little consideration for the needs of the living.

The incoming wind did not make it very easy for Zagarek to cross the portal, either, but the creature swam against the current and eventually slipped through the thin blue membrance, emerging from the floor. Once on Mizahar, it shot upwards and made contact with the man's outstretched hand. A magical spark flew as two essences met and swore allegiance by the terms of a contract as old as the universe itself.

There was a blinding flash and a sensation of searing heat burning Jaquise's hand. He could feel a part of his lifeforce being pulled out of his body and flowing into the Familiar to establish an unbreakable bond. It lasted but a few moments, but they felt like an eternity as time seemed to stand still. A part of him was in Zagarek, and a part of Zagarek was in him. There was a bond there, a connection, though it'd take them a long time to fully tap into its power.

Then it was all over, the portal having snapped close. The Irylid was hovering by Jaquise's shoulder, taking in its surroundings. The walls were perfectly reflected on the orb's crystalline surface. "So this is Mizahar. It is quite remarkable for me to be exposed to this environment and not be melting. By what name should I call you, wizard?"
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Jaquise Emittere on May 20th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Jaq thought the pain would never end. It felt like his reimancy initiation all over again. However this time something was being ripped out of him as opposed to being forced in. When ti finally did end, and the portal flickered shut due to Jaq's lack of concentration, he looked over his shoulder to the orb that was Zagarek. He didn't just look at him though, he could feel the presence of the being through their connection. "I am Jaquise Emittere. Few know me by that name now though, and I am referred to more commonly as Jaq. I welcome you to Mizahar Zagarek."

Jaq looked over to the Nuit and his familiar. "I thank you Master Roghon for your assistance. I will not forget our deal. Should we ever meet again, it will be for the first time."
Last edited by Jaquise Emittere on May 20th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Words: 173150
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tarot on May 20th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Jaquise
  • +4 Familiary
  • +2 Interrogation
  • +1 Summoning (you will need actual training before you can use it)

Additional notes: Zagarek acquired. This is a link to your Storyteller Secrets thread.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Previous