New guy in town?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

New guy in town?

Postby Skaiira on December 30th, 2012, 5:51 am

Hey guys! Name's Adam. This whole Mizahar thing looks super interesting! ...I'll be honest though, I'm really really bewildered, haha! I've had a decent look through the rules and lore (took me like 3 days) and so far I'm hooked! Now I have done my fair share of roleplaying, most of it from playing dungeons and dragons, though I have done a few 1-on-1 RP's through messengers a while back and such. Conclusion being, I'm still pretty new to this online roleplaying business and err... well I'm actually really nervous haha!

I do have a character in the mind. Was thinking perhaps a young thief from the city of Syliras who escaped an orphanage to live day in day out on the streets stealing food from markets to survive. The only problem however is what's the best way of going about it all? Do I make a post and hope people will take an interest in my character? Fly off e-mails to potential characters and hope for the best? Or use the lovely match making system that the Admin's have created for us? I see lots of people posting tons upon tons of pages by their lonesome and I'll be honest, I'm not very good at the whole solo post thing. If I was going to put that much time and effort in to writing by myself then I'd go publish a book or something! |:) Anyways I'm talking too much! Nice to meet you all, hope I havn't bombarded you all with annoying/silly questions!

-Lots of love, Adam
Skaiira
The young thief of Zeltiva

Words: 8562
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 5:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

New guy in town?

Postby Hadrian on December 30th, 2012, 12:18 pm

Welcome, Adam!

If you change your mind and want to play in Zeltiva, we have an orphanage run by yours truly, but it's got a secret agenda to make the orphans superheroes (sorta). So your character might not want to run away. Especially since there's a lot of famine during the winter.

But Syliras is fun too! Best of luck with whatever you do here. :)
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

New guy in town?

Postby Skaiira on December 31st, 2012, 3:28 am

Hey! ...you know that doesn't sound half bad... let me think about it since i'm about halfway through making my character. I'll send a mail your way if I decide to!
Skaiira
The young thief of Zeltiva

Words: 8562
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 5:29 am
Character sheet

New guy in town?

Postby Hadrian on December 31st, 2012, 5:14 am

No hard feelings either way. :) Good luck with the character creation!
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

New guy in town?

Postby Vaspira on December 31st, 2012, 5:27 am

The matchmaking forum is pretty useful to find what you are looking for, but besides that you can also pick a city and PM the active players in that city you have decided to start out in to see if they want to start a thread, and more than likely they will say yes unless they are swamped with other threads. But anywho, welcome to Mizahar and I hope to see you around on the forums soon!! :)

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

New guy in town?

Postby Skaiira on December 31st, 2012, 9:17 am

Thanks for the advise guys!
Skaiira