[Thomas Cosa] Useless complaints and obvious spelling errors

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 7th, 2012, 1:01 am

First off,

I am a horrible speller. I was always one, and the fact I've grown up with SpellCheck really hasn't helped. I mean, it's been wonderful and a beautiful on going relationship -- one that I don't really see ending anytime soon.

I mean, I couldn't spell 'vintage' early today -- but, thanks to SpellCheck, now I can. Did I have any trouble spelling 'vintage' in this post? You'll never know.

Thanks, SpellCheck.

BUT, in all seriousness.

And changing to a completely different topic.

I can't say how much I've been loving this game so far, and I'm really glad I picked Mizahar as my first RPing experience. It's been super fun.

Also, some fun facts about me.
[list]
[*]I'm a junior at university
[*]I'm a modern language major
[*]Spanish/Portuguese/Japanese
[*]I suck really bad at Japanese, though. I can speak French at an intermidate/basic level and some Finnish, so I'm thinking about changing my minor again.
- Not sure my parents will like that though
- Then again, am I really that bad at Japanese. I've only taken one class. Can I really say I suck at something after having so little experience with it? Maybe. All I know is like have the class is in love with anime and hates sushi. And for some reason, this really bothers me.
[*]Traveling is my favz. LK3SRUSLY.
[*]Kind of obsessed with the Harry Potter series. I feel like if I ever met any of the characters/actors I would flip out and be really inappropriate and awkward.

and that's it for now.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 28th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Uni is taking over muh lifeeeee.

So, just an FYI to everyone I've been posting with, I will be super busy with essays, projects, and exams the next couple of weeks. Not fun.

But, hopefully I'll be able to come back sooon, for sure after Dec. 14.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on November 30th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Yay for Christmas holidays coming up! Right there with you Thomas. Keep trucking and we will get through it :P
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Orinei on January 10th, 2013, 7:53 am

So here I am, creeping in your scrapbook, and I realize...I am also a university junior, and I'm a linguistics/modern languages major (Spanish & French), and omg this is exciting!!!

Language majors are the best.
Orinei
Player

Words: 66752
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2012, 10:04 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 10th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Really? Awesomesauce! XD

We are though, right? It's kind of crazy how cool we are.

Especially since it's crazy how rare we are, or maybe they're just hiding from me, haha. All my language classes so far have been shared with business majors.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on January 10th, 2013, 7:41 pm

I curse all things grammatical and linguistics. I love to write, don't love to write for a grade T.T
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 10th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Sadface.

Grammar can be fun...ish. Haha, I just really like looking at how all the languages are interconnected and what not.

I don't like math, though. It pains me. And I still have a math credit left.

double sadface.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 14th, 2013, 9:17 pm

SO.

School started back up, and I've got to deal with all the amazingness that comes with that.

I'll probably be inactive till the weekend.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Colombina on January 20th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for stopping by my scrap for the first time and trying the little exercise! As a tiny welcome gift I made you the background tile shown in this post. I took a painting like the one in your CS and tried to make it seamless with my limited Photoshop skills. That way it's easier to read text over it. I am glad I tried it. I learned a couple things. :) Mostly, that it is good I am not a graphic designer.
I hope you are having lots of fun writing here in Mizahar. I enjoyed the chance to read your CS, btw. I don't get the time to look at as many of those as I would like. Your history with the knight and the maiden was very well done.
The image is in my gallery if you care to use it! No worries if you don't! Also, don't mind me, I'm going to make some space so you can see how it looks a little more stretched out.

Haha, not quite perfect, so thanks for being my test dummy!
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Auric on September 4th, 2013, 8:54 am

So. I've always considered myself fairly lucky in the scope of things. Like, things generally tend to work themselves out and life is happy and blah blah blah.

The thing is, whenever something bad or unfortunate happens, I really don't know hot to properly publicly react. I mean, sure, I can express myself fairly well to the person offended or the offender, but I'm never exactly sure how to address the situation if it involves a large group.

For example:
Not even an hour ago, some drunk guy barged into my room and peed. All over my desk. It sucks. I had to clean it and it sucked. I was just really confused at first, because I was asleep, and then he wasn't wearing pants and I freaked out and then I saw he was peeing and then I really freaked out. It was definitely not O.K.

Normally, I would tell the dude off the next day, make him pay for cleaning supplies -- I dunno. I mean, it wasn't like he peed a lot and he WAS drunk; not that those things make anything about the situation any better. It still sucked.

But the thing is, I live in a co op now. Co-habitation. Co-living with 50 other students, some of who were drunk as well, and probably are still drunk. I really don't have an issue with people drinking, never have, even at 2:00 in the morning, a Wednesday morning. It's cool, I get it, but even still, it usually doesn't include me. I'm never effected by it.

But, because I live in a co op, I'm not really sure how to go about handling this whole situation/drunk guy. First of all, this is my first semester living at the co op. Everyone is super chill, and honestly, it would suck to be known as that guy. I already cleaned everything up, so why complain?

I just don't want that guy thinking that in any way what he did was O.K. It's not. He peed on someone else's stuff, in another person's room. THAT IS NOT FINE. THAT IS AN ISSUE.

Secondly, there will be a huge party on Friday - something I've been looking forward to since it was announced. I don't want anything to happen to those plans, all because of something I complained about; like, I learned my lesson. I'm locking my door. At all times. But did this other guy?

I don't want him not to have a good time, but like, dude. Don't pee in other people's rooms. It's not cool.

Thirdly, does he even remember? Assuming he was drunk, there are other substances being used where I live, and it's never bothered me, but like, seriously? WHO PEES IN SOMEONE'S BEDROOM?

WHO DOES THIS?!

But really, is there even a point in saying anything if he doesn't remember? I cleaned everything -- so it's like it never happened. Should I just pretend nothing happened, and just use it as my own personal lesson?

I would just prefer it didn't happen to anyone else, I mean, I don't want this guy kicked out. He seems cool, but if this is like a habit, it needs to stop now.

I'm really tired, and I'm sure none of this makes sense. I would usually complain to a friend, but hey! It's late and no one would pick up -- if any of you have any advice on the situation that would be super.
x
Auric
The Midas Touch

Words: 21083
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Scrapbook

Next