[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Vick on February 2nd, 2013, 5:18 am

What is your view on Malediction and how players are using it? Is it how you pictured it when you made it or has it gone in another light?
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Tarot on February 5th, 2013, 8:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4d8JgQeWmU

Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Wrenmae on February 5th, 2013, 9:08 pm

Magic is the manipulation of ones own djed into a multitude of forms which consist of the disciplines...from my understanding, sentient life sometimes stumbled into these forms of magic or were taught by the divine in some cases. Is it possible to invent magic? Are wizards capable of shaping their djed into a different way to create a discipline or are the ways djed can be used finite in nature?

Second question: what makes the life on Fyreden unique enough to bond to a wizard? Is it the planet or some other quality about them? I'm curious why it wouldn't be possible to bond to other life forms on other worlds.

Third: if a master became a nuit or Uldr undead, would that kill the familiar as well? There are nuits with familiars who are not technically 'alive'. So is it that the familiar is attached to the Djed of the wizard and will perish only if that djed is disrupted? (As in becoming a ghost or going to Dira)

Lastly, there isn't a lot of familiary on the site. Is it being used in the way you envisioned it?

Sorry to bombard you, these are a few curiosities I have about the craft.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Verilian on February 5th, 2013, 9:24 pm

I really enjoyed the video, Tarot. I've never really thought of it in that way before. I've always just tried to offer everyone quests, and those who do well or really get into it I offer more and more. And when people come to me with their own ideas I generally just say go for it. I never really considered the idea of two different character types. I guess with my PC Sira, she would be a producer. Maybe not one of epic plots involving gods, most of the time, but I do just kind of push forward with my own agenda and drag everyone along behind me, lol.

Basically, I try to encourage everyone in Ravok to advance their own plots, and a good 75% of my threads are plots involving stuff that spawned from those producers. Either they asked me to help them, or I saw them do something and encouraged them to go further with it. I don't know if Ravok has ever had a major "producer" other than maybe Aello, but she has moved on from Ravok. Her plots influenced a lot of PCs, however, so I guess she is the biggest producer I've had in Ravok since I've been there.

I'm glad you opened my eyes to this. Now I have more insight into the PCs in my city. It's very interesting...
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Naeya on February 5th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Thank you so much for creating that video, Tarot! It was incredibly insightful, and I think it gives both mods and PCs a better idea of how cities thrive. I particularly liked that it wasn't necessarily just a storyteller guide; it's also applicable as a player's guide. I'm sure it will inspire some of us who aren't seen as plot producers to step up our game.

Looking forward to your next vlog!

xx
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Rayage on February 5th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Wrenmae,

I can answer your second question because I asked that same question to Tarot quite some time ago. His response was:

By default, Fyrdenese are the only choices because of their unique metabolism. They feed upon Djed in just such a way that they can establish a link with a Mizaharian. To obtain a different creature you'd have to engineer the same link with Alchemy and even so the risks are very high. It'd be interesting though.

Which has sparked in my mind many possible ways of reverse engineering the familiar bond hahaha. Or so I think :P My Alchemy always has the possibility of being wrong.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Wrenmae on February 5th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Thank you for the clarification, Rayage.

Also, Tarot, fantastic video...absolutely fantastic.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Oran Cavarcan on February 19th, 2013, 4:51 am

Hello, Tarot!

There was a discussion recently on the Chat regarding Nuits, Ghosts, and whether or not they dream.

The discussion itself :
(23:02:36) ChatBot: Chamaeleon logs into the Chat.

(23:02:43) Chemar_Tisserand: I have the most fun with dreamwalking. :) Jen, we would tear up a thread together. :)

(23:02:45) Gossamer: just difficult

(23:02:51) Vick: I am sure Sahova has books on the void as it is a simple enough magic

(23:02:52) Philomena: Oh that reminds me, Miss Jen - do Ghosts and/or Nuits dream?

(23:02:55) Gossamer: the living and dead don't often get along

(23:03:03) Vick: Do Philomena as they can't sleep

(23:03:07) Vick: No*

(23:03:08) Oran_Cavarcan: All of it, Goss, or did you mean onl--Oh.

(23:03:10) Gossamer: phil doubtful

(23:03:14) Gossamer: they don't sleep

(23:03:26) Gossamer: hehehe

(23:03:28) Vick: They can never sleep no matter what. Good or bad.

(23:03:29)Gossamer: daydream maybe

(23:03:34) Philomena: No daydreaming? I know its different. But related part of your brain is accessed.

(23:03:35) Miria: Ghosts will have their time to sleep

(23:03:39) Philomena: *booms*

(23:03:42) Miria: When dear Aello takes care of them

(23:03:44) Vick: So they can't dream but Vick does have daydreams now and then in his child like way

(23:03:56) Thundiirn: could a nuit dreamwalk through perhaps heavy meditation? or maybe while in their coma if they lose enough ichor?

(23:04:08) Ignotus_Everto: Oh!

(23:04:09) Philomena: Yeah! Do you coma dream?

(23:04:19) Oran_Cavarcan: :O Good questions!

(23:04:29) Gossamer: nysel would not give a nuit a mark

(23:04:31) Ignotus_Everto: The coma dream is a little important. :P

(23:04:36) Vick: Cant say until Goss or someone writes the meditation lore page

(23:04:47) Vick: But few nuits get gnosis marks besides from uldr

(23:04:50) Miria: Probably someone else

(23:04:53) Philomena: I'm thinking, too, about Black Rock - Dreamwalking seems like such a fun way to help ghosts work through their ties to the world to let them pass on. If you could teach them to dream

(23:05:06) Chamaeleon: I don't think there are many brain functions during a comatose state. :O The brains basically focusing on keeping alive.

(23:05:18) Vick: Well...

(23:05:34) Thundiirn: Goss, what if they got it before they became a Nuit? Or are Gnoses erased in death even if you come back as nuit?

(23:05:36) Vick: You could try to use flux in the brain on the sleeping to boost it but that might wake them

(23:05:46) N'all_Rivent: Who here is in Syliras?

(23:06:13) Ignotus_Everto: Hello Minnie!

(23:06:29) Philomena: And I coudl imagine, maybe, negative marks, non? *pickybacks Thuns question* Dira especially.

(23:06:37) N'all_Rivent: Also hello Goss.

(23:06:46) Philomena: M Igs! *hugs-hugs-hugs*

(23:06:57) Vick: I think Dira would just kill a nuit and not worry about marks

(23:07:00) N'all_Rivent: Dira only kills those who anger her.

(23:07:01) Thundiirn: Minnie, perhaps one could help a ghost by pulling it into a hypnotic trance?

(23:07:07) ChatBot: Theo_Coaststrider has been logged out (Timeout).

(23:07:14) Oran_Cavarcan: Are ghosts able to Dreamwalk if they possess a sleeping person who has a Nysel Gnosis?

(23:07:14) N'all_Rivent: She doesnt mark anyone.

(23:07:21) Philomena: 'zackly! Something where they are close to dreaming. Like the earlier mentioned meditation or daydreaming.

(23:07:34) Vick: Oran I would go to TArots vblog and ask him

(23:07:55) Thundiirn: I don't think ghosts inherit the ability to use Gnosis marks if they possess a marked person... But I may be wrong

(23:07:59) N'all_Rivent: I know I read the Dira page a bit :P

(23:08:02) Oran_Cavarcan: Okay. I'll see if he drops any mentions about that in his other videos.

TL;DL - They don't, since they don't sleep, but the discussion itself made me think to ask the following:
Are ghosts able to Dreamwalk if they possess a sleeping person who has a Gnosis of Nysel?
Oran Cavarcan
Wossname

Words: 7849
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2013, 2:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby N'all Rivent on February 19th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Hello there Tarot, so I have been thinking about ghosts and how they use others bodies to gain other skills. Will the person possessed gain experience in the skills the ghost uses seeing as it is their body? I'm sorry if this has already been asked or explained and if it has then simply ignore me.
Proving that antiquing was not his strong suit, the little dingy opted to shirk at Shouta once more, drawing his left earlobe back to swing a rounded pyromaniac at his garbage can.-Laszlo
N'all Rivent
Bouncer of the Spinning Coin

Words: 13629
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2012, 5:58 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Phoenix on April 4th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh I'm still waiting for your guest celebrity!!!!!
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext