Greetings and Salutations!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Vashti on February 4th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Hi everyone-

I couldn't think of a witty subject header, but all well. Anyway, hello to you all and thank you so much for reading my introduction! My name is Vashti and I'm semi new to the site. I've tried creating a couple of characters in the past, but they never came to completion due to either school commitments or life in general.

I really enjoy all sorts of writing from adventure to the occasional romance, though nothing too explicit or cheesy. However, I tend to shy away from social threads with little to no purpose. I do enjoy writing training threads, but only in moderation.

One of the things that keeps drawing me to Mizahar is the exclusion of the typical elements associated with most fantasy online websites. Mainly sparkly vampires and the damsel in distress syndrome that is prevalent in many role play games I have been a part of.

I have been having a difficult time figuring out where to start Vashti and the culture of the pycon race. Any advice would be most helpful. I'm really interested in Sahova, but not really sure if that would be appropriate?

I also would like some information on magic in general. I have briefly read through the lore regarding magic and I am still confused. I want her to start with some magic, but still learning.

One thing I would love to gain from Mizahar would be to expand upon my imagination and learn to be a better writer.

Anyway, I really look forward to writing with you all and see you in game!

Vashti
(Randi)
Vashti
Self-Appointed Basher of Nasties

Words: 1405
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2012, 7:57 pm
Race: Human

Postby Verilian on February 6th, 2013, 4:27 am

Welcome to Mizahar! Not having sparkly vampires is certainly a plus, though I have seen a few distressed damsels. As to where you should start, the pycon can fit into most societies. If your pycon is a mage, then they should at the very least be allowed on Sahova. The living, or pulsers as the undead call them, are allowed though they have a much harder time. I'm not really sure what they would think of a pycon trying to live there, but I'm sure you could work something out with Mirage.

As to your concerns regarding magic, you'll need to be more specific. There are several different types of magic, but in general, the best advice I can give you is to thoroughly read every word of the lore regarding the specific type of magic you would like to learn, more than once.

Also, there are different kinds of magic. Personal, which comes from within. World magic, which comes from the world. And gnosis, which is granted by the gods, and only those blessed by those gods can wield it.

Anyway, if you have specific questions, I'd be happy to answer. Again, welcome to Mizahar!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ball on February 6th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Hii and welcome! I am Ball, I think one of the more active Pycons and any questions ya have ya can ask me about them and I will see if I can help ya out there. No guarantees though.

Welcome though and enjoy yer stay!

Yay another pycon... Hopefully!
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes