Regarding Training

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Regarding Training

Postby Ash'eny on June 6th, 2010, 1:44 pm

I am a little confused on the process to training skills. Do I simply make a thread with [Training] somewhere in it, make several lengthy posts about my character attempting to perform said skill(s) and wait for a Storyteller to give me whatever number of points they think I earned?

Is it possible to have two PCs in one training thread, both learning (Not one teaching the other) skills?

And lastly, can storytellers interact with our posts while we train if we'd like them to?
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Regarding Training

Postby Panna Cotta on June 6th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Hi, Ash'eny. To answer that inquiry, I'll direct you to this page: Storytellers

1. Yes, you may. They need not be lengthy, as we award experience points for the quality of your written work, not the number of words in your thread. So a few posts of elaborate description how you stole stuff or full-narration of how one begs for charity, then you're bound to get higher XP than 100 posts of idle talk.

2. Yes, you can be in a training thread with another player. However, I'm not sure about what you mean about not one teaching the other. Because from what I gather, and from how I look at it, no two novices can teach each other to become competent. One has to lead, and the other follow. Maybe there's something to learn from somebody else of the same craft, but still, a blind man can't teach another blind man, right?

You can however create an "NPC" who will train you both. (This also applies above) In doing so there's still a master present, and this still falls under personal storytelling or self-moderation. For using/creating new NPCs, you'd have to make a ticket (thread) at the help desk to get permission.

3. Yes! Just head over to the Storyteller Offices to request a moderated thread, or send a PM to the Storytellers in your region. Maybe in your area's OOC thread? Reply will be probably come back quick. And your local storyteller will be more than happy to assist you!

Hope this helped! Welcome to Mizahar :)
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Regarding Training

Postby Ash'eny on June 6th, 2010, 2:07 pm