Imaginarium, a dream emporium

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Aemonn on February 18th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Greetings all, I am Aemonn (will figure out the last name by my character sheet). I'm not exactly sure how I found Aemonn; trying to see how an old rp site I was on was doing brought me to a new website with a list of other websites which had Mizahar on it. When I clicked on Mizahar, I figured it would be pretty good: I did not expect this.

Quite frankly I am in awe as this site puts to shame every site I have been on. Which ones you say? My two biggies were Post-Apocalypse (which has gone all downhill from here, as Guru of DBZ:A would say) and Imythess, which did a while ago and I didn't realize it.

For those that it interests, I am actually trying to one day get published as an author. Fantasy has been my mainstay; I've had the luck of sending a piece of my work and getting a return back with praise from R.A. Salavatore which set me on my path as a writer for sure. I also enjoy the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini and Kushiel's Legacy by Jacqueline Carey (that is a very good read).

Anyhow, I think I have blabbered on long enough. I look forward to the roleplay and more importantly the storywriting to come with all of you.
Aemonn
Player

Words: 954
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2013, 3:16 pm
Race: Human

Postby Bethsyliss on February 18th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Hi Aemonn, it's great to have such an enthusiastic writer here. I hope our characters' paths will cross some day. Have fun making your CS and starting out on your Mizahar adventures!

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kiran Pelyna on February 18th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Oooh a future author in our midst!

You're with your people dear. A lot of people on here want to write their own books. I'm sure you'll meet someone you can trade author secrets with!

Anyways I'm here to give you some advice and to roll out the welcome wagon for you! Hop on and I'll tell you what you should do. First off if you haven't already check out the welcome PM you got, it'll get you started. Read everything it tells you at least twice. Just to be sure you don't miss anything. Then begin reading all the lore you can find. Race, City, Skill, Magic, and God lists are great places to begin. They'll get you what you need to know about your character, their race, their religion, their home city and the city you decide to put them in. It's a great thing to do if you want to really flesh out a character.

But if you have questions and you can't figure out the answer with the lore pop into chat! People there are always ready to answer questions and there's always a moderator around, if they tell you something it should be good advice. You'll also be able to make friend in there! And once you can talk to people about making threads for your character if they're int he same city, much quicker than PM's.

Anyways I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see your character sheet! I hope to see you around. Maybe our characters will even cross paths, who knows.

-Kiran

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thofa on February 18th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Hello and welcome Aemonn!
Always fun to see other new people dropping into this forum! Intriguing that you are an aiming to be an author, can't wait to see what kind of character you make! If you feel lost on the name issue read through the race descriptions, most races usaly have some rules about how their names usaly are made up.
Furthermore the lore is just fantastic, took me 2 weeks of reading before i even started an account, was just such a good read, so i recommend to just suck up every piece of info you can get! Hopefully I'll be seeing you around the land sometime.
See you around the trails! :)
Thofa
Player

Words: 9626
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2013, 12:12 am
Race: Kelvic

Postby Theo Coaststrider on February 19th, 2013, 1:11 am

Howdy Aemonn! Welcome to Miz!

I think it's Cool, cool, cool that you want to be an author. Kiran has it absolutely right when she says you are among your people now. We don't call ourselves "The Writer's RPG" just for kicks!

I hope you enjoy getting yourself settled in. Don't hesitate to ask any questions and have fun digging through the lore. It's pretty detailed and makes for a great read!
In lieu of a splendiferous image woven of equal parts beautiful people, cleverly deployed photoshop filters and an emotionally moving quote, I've decided to give you a list of words that are fun to say: Architecture, lectern, scripture, splendiferous, engorged and waffle-house.

(Aforementioned splendiferous image is forthcoming)
Theo Coaststrider
Friendly Neighbourhood Something or Other

Words: 72908
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2013, 9:37 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aemonn on February 19th, 2013, 9:19 am

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes, I'm definitely losing myself in all of the lore just reading it. I definitely can tell I'm with other writers just by the amount of background there is in Mizahar - it's certainly as detailed as any mainstream fantasy setting whether it's Tolkien or say the Forgotten Realms by Wizards of the Coast.

Right now working on a character concept, but don't wanna give any hints until it's out. That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind getting help with some of those sick avatars and character sheets.

On a side note Theo, I actually live in Vancouver. Small world, huh?
Aemonn
Player

Words: 954
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2013, 3:16 pm
Race: Human