Bonjour to you.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Bonjour to you.

Postby Obadiah Kairn on February 24th, 2013, 2:19 am

I've been wanting to join a RP for awhile now, but never could find one that interested me. They all seemed rather complicated, with far too much stuff to do before you could get started playing. Maybe that's just me, though.

However this really does seem like a nice RP, so I'm going to give it a go. If anyone would be kind enough to help me make my character, and "show me the ropes", I will be very grateful. I would also like to apologize in advance for any spelling mistakes or such, I currently live in France and haven't learnt English grammar or spelling intensely.

My initial idea for my character was a Nuit fellow who actually wanted to cure himself of his "curse", or whatever you would like to call it. This would be his primary, and I would even say sole, reason for existence. He would be obsessed by it, to the point of madness. Of course, whether a cure exists or not, or whether he can revert back or not, would not really matter. He would be stubborn, ignoring anything that might prove that reverting back is impossible and grasping onto anything that may provide an answer. He wouldn't be open about it as such, not only because he is a wizard, and thus slightly paranoid, but because he doesn't know how other Nuits, or indeed other races, would react to this.

Now, I realize this may be a silly, or impossible, idea, but I thought it might be interesting enough to be accepted. He will have a reason for wanting his life back.

He'd be around 500-300 years old, and a former human wizard researcher/scientist. I'm not really sure what magic to take, Glyphing would be my first choice, but from what I understand it is only effective if combined with another magical discipline, no? And I don't really see what other discipline a researcher would have, I doubt he'd be throwing fire around or whatnot.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to give me. If I've done something wrong, just tell me. I'm quite new at this game.
Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything.
Brave are they who know everything yet fear nothing.

If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be disappointed.
Obadiah Kairn
Player

Words: 8107
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 2:02 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Journal

Bonjour to you.

Postby Bethsyliss on February 24th, 2013, 2:42 am

Hi Obadiah! Or bonjour, should I say. Where are you from in France? And isn't it kinda late in that timezone?! :p

I like your idea. There's no reason why it shouldn't be accepted, since you're not breaking any rules in Mizahar lore. At least I don't think so, although I must admit that I know next to nothing about Nuit except for the fact that they're creepay. I'll gladly help you though, so if there's anything you want to know or you'd like to share just send me a PM. There's always the mods if you need them anyway, they'll answer any and all questions concerning the game and they're generally really sweet.

So welcome aboard! Have fun with character creation!

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Bonjour to you.

Postby Obadiah Kairn on February 24th, 2013, 5:04 pm

I'm from Normandy, and speak English because I have family in England ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome ^^
Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything.
Brave are they who know everything yet fear nothing.

If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be disappointed.
Obadiah Kairn
Player

Words: 8107
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 2:02 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Journal