The Calm After the Storm (Grath's Rest) (Banir)

After a good spar Sket and Banir get to know each other better in Garth's rest

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Skret on February 10th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Skret stopped stuffing her face with bugs to look at Banir, who seemed as uncomfortable as she was only moments ago. "whaft" Sket said with her mouth so full of bugs her cheeks puffed up. She put her hand up to indicate that she needed time. She quickly chewed the bugs in her mouth, making unnerving crunching and squishing noises. A bit of bug guts dribbled out of her mouth to which she quickly wiped away with her arm.
"um sorry I meant to ask if there was a problem? was the meat not cooked properly of something?"

she quickly acknowledged that Banir had said something before her food had arrived. He had reassured that what she said wasn't too offensive at least she though that's what he said. The last part of his sentence was a bit vague. She wondered what she said that could have been offensive...all she had talked about was her dad possibly eating her..was that offensive to humans? there was a lot she didn't know about humans they were so strange.
"If I offended you by talking about my father, I'm sorry I didn't know my story wasn't meant to be shared" Sket said sheepishly.
Skret
Player

Words: 13703
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 1:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Banir Ironwood on February 11th, 2013, 6:48 am

Confusion struck his face. His eyes turning a slight variation of yellow as he gazed at Skret. Why was she apologizing? She hadn't said a thing that would have otherwise indicated any insult or offense. Why would she apologize? Maybe this was his own fault perhaps? Pausing as he looked at her he blinked and tried to think of something she had said. Only nothing came to his mind, so instead he merely offered her a small shrug. The metal on his arm and shoulders clattering lightly as he moved them with such a shrug. He took another lung full of air and tried to let some sympathy show through. His eyes managed a small tinge of dark blue as he looked at her. "There's no need to say, you are sorry. I'm not offended in, the slightest. Your story can be, spoken as you wish. When I said that there, are stories that should, be told and that there, are stories that shouldn't, be told. I didn't mean to, say yours was one, that shouldn't be told." He took a moment and settled himself. "I felt like, you where telling an, important story. Where you may have, had some tough feelings, with. I'm sorry to miss, communicate. I didn't mean to say, it was one, not one worth hearing. Or should not be, heard. That was my, mistake."

With a solemn aura about him he sighed lightly bowing his head to her in apology. He had after all caused this incident to occur so it was his fault for any negative feelings she was dealing with now. He sighed and hunched over his meal, pulling his scarf forward to slip his knife under and eat a few more mouthfuls of meat. Trying to ignore the idea that someone was shoveling bugs into their moths just a foot in front of him.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Skret on February 12th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Skret felt guilty that she had misunderstood Banir, and made him feel that he needed to apologize to her. She had a tendency to assume the worst out of situations, she wish she could get over her paranoia.
"I'm sorry...I mean that I misunderstood what you were saying...I'll try not to jump to conclusions from now on" Skret said with her head hung low like usual.
Skret went back to her food which at the rate that skret was shovelling the bugs into her mouth would be finished fairly soon. She had left the grubs for last but was disappointed that the cold had already killed them a while ago. Skret wondered how they keep the bugs alive, maybe some kind of warmed bug keeper.
"how is your....meal...do you like it?" Sket asked hesitantly.
It was the only thing she could think of saying at the time, she hoped he wouldn't go into detail. She wasn't looking forward to another misunderstanding.

OocI keep forgetting it's winter in the game too, bugs are probably not very common during this season. also sorry if this is too short
Skret
Player

Character sheet

Postby Banir Ironwood on February 13th, 2013, 9:29 am

This evening wasn't turning out as he had expected. Rather than some friendly conversation, a nice meal and a good drink. It was misunderstanding after misunderstanding. With nothing short of embarrassment on both sides so far he merely sighed and looked down at his food again. He heard her speak again and looked up at her blinking. It took a second of thought to realize what she said and another half a chime to figure out how to respond. Taking a long and deep breath he sat a little more upright. Settling in his seat he made a small awkward grunt. "Ah, yeah its um. Its pretty good, nothing quite like up, north in Avanthal. But Garth is a good, cook so its a lot, better than what, I'd expect anywhere, else in the Spires." He looked over at Garth and offered him a wave and thumbs up. Letting him know that, as usual, he was enjoying the meal, though often it was bugs and what not. The occasional meaty dear steak was a delicacy to him. Looking over at Skret again his eyes a more calmed white, flecks of red dotting around the rims of his eyes. "How is your meal? The, bugs look, nice and alive?" He was trying not to sound overly disgusted with the idea of eating bugs. Banir didn't like the idea much if at all, but he felt if it came down to it he could probably eat a bug. After having it thoroughly cooked over an open flame of course. Maybe with a potato too, or a carrot. Something to help wash out the taste of gross would be nice. As far as he was concerned though, he'd rather try to hunt a deer with his bare hands. He'd probably spend the better part of a week just trying to ambush the damn thing. That is if he survived the other large predatory wildlife. His mind snapped to as he brought himself to attention. Wondering if she had talked at all during the time his mind was out.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Skret on February 17th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Skret was happy to hear that Banir was enjoying his meal, even if she found the meal personally repulsive. He mentioned the food in Avanthal, the place Banir grew up in. Skret wondered what the people of Avanthal ate, bugs and plant life wouldn't grow so it must be some kind of meat. After realizing this she came to the conclusion that it was best that she didn't ask. Banir started to praise Garth the Jemoura and gave directed a thumbs up in the Cooks direction. Skret awkwardly emulated the gesture with a faint smile. Banir then asked how Skrets dinner was going, if she had more social skills she would have realized that he didn't really want to talk about her dinner.
"oh! they are wonderful! the live ones are my favourite, its fun when they wriggle down your throat. the dead ones are still good and juicy though!" Skret said enthusiastically.
She went back to her food, finishing off the last remaining bugs on her plate. she then licked her plate of the remaining bug guts and made a little burp.
"I'm done my dinner....I think i will go pay and then go to bed...I'm really tired" Sket mumbled
she got up form her chair and went to go pay for her meal.
Skret
Player

Character sheet

Postby Banir Ironwood on February 18th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Banir sat there pausing as he stared at Skret, wondering why she had describe this in such detail. Those words where turning his stomach as he ate his meal. Slowly he chewed his mouthful and as he listened he quickly found his appetite quickly dissipating. The succulent juicy meat became a little more crunchy, and it almost felt like something was worming in his mouth. Oh by the gods why did she have to describe that in such detail. He felt himself honestly becoming sick now he tried to force himself to swallow. Managing the stomach to finish his mouth full he suddenly didn't feel like eating anymore. His eyes turned a little green as for once he felt more sick than anything. Stomach churning as he watched Skret lick the left over bug guts from her plate. He'd seen a lot of things, but that was on the top ten list of gross. With that image now firmly and constantly repeating itself in his mind his eyes turned a darker shade of green. Oh he was going to have to go somewhere quiet and carve for hours to get this out of his head. Looking up he noticed Skret was departing. Offering her a wave he wanted to say something, anything even! However he feared the consequence of talking would result in something very unpleasant. And the last thing he wanted to do was ruin his scarf and clean up whatever got beyond that. With his silent good bye given he sat before his plate trying to force the image out of his mind. He'd have to apologize to Garth for this, he quickly ran out of the bar and went to the lip of the Petal. Taking off his scarf he paused, he wanted to keep the meal down if possible. Nope, not happening, giving a solid heave he felt something hot move through his throat and out his mouth. Ivak's wrath that stuff was hot!! However after the single solid surge of what had been his meal. He managed to recollect himself, although he was hungry, he felt like he couldn't eat. Not for a while.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on March 3rd, 2013, 10:12 pm

Enjoying a Lovely Meal

Banir :
Experience:
Observation 2
Socialization 3

Lore:
Skret: The Flying Squirrel Kelvic
Skret: Child of a Lion and Rhino
Squirrels Don't Like Meat
Nearly Losing Your Dinner

Ledger:
-5 sm for Dinner

Skret :
Experience:
Observation 2
Socialization 3

Lore:
Appreciating a New Home
Banir: Half Vantha/ Half Isur
Afraid of Being Impolite
Explaining the Wonders of Eating Bugs

Ledger:
-5sm for Dinner

Shared Lore:
Enjoying Very Different Meals
An Awkward Dinner Between Kelvic and Half-Breed

Additional Notes :
There wasn't much to throw out to you guys here, for this was a relatively short thread, but it was extremely humorous. I really enjoyed how each character simply couldn't understand how the other one was enjoying their meal, and especially enjoyed how Banir just couldn't stomach the idea of the bugs at the end. I would love to see longer posts from you in the future, Skret, because so far I see you describing your little squirrel wonderfully, but there just isn't much there.

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous