[Fallacy's Scrapbook] Between Reality and Misconception

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Ronan on November 22nd, 2012, 12:12 pm

OMG, that strawberry cheesecake looks sooo good!
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mirage on November 22nd, 2012, 2:49 pm

Curse you Fally. I swear I will be on a plane in less than an hour just to sample that culinary masterpiece!

P.S. If there is a baking contest I am in :P
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Mirage on April 14th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Happy Birthday!
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Office
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on April 14th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Seriously?

Happy Birthday, big guy!

It was my brother's birthday yesterday. We always sing happy birthday to each other to the tune of "The Volga Boatman".

It's such an upbeat tune. ;)
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Fallacy on April 15th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Birthday Wishes

and other things.

Id like to personally thank everyone who had wished me a happy birthday, so you all will be getting PMs with pretty pictures and nice text on it soon. I dont know if it is just me, but the thought of wishing someone a happy birthday or even a great day feels so uplifting. It makes me happy, and wanting to pass it on.

However, I had a wonderful day yesterday for those who wished well, it worked. I got to sleep in as it was a day off for me so that is another plus. Then the rest of the day was spent with family and friends, and had an amazing dinner. I was so full that the birthday dessert remains uncut as of right now. Probably bite into it after dinner tonight. Funny as it may seem, despite my cooking/baking talents, I dont make my own birthday cake, cookie, or some other dessert. Ive never made my own birthday dessert, including the ice cream to go with it. (I love making homemade ice cream)

The only sad part about the day was that my friend who was supposed to go out to dinner with me and the family couldnt show because work called her on the day off and told her she had to come in or they will fire her. Personally, I told her that they couldnt do that, it IS her scheduled day off and she already made plans. The place preys on young peoples mindset (which is usually desperation -omg I NEED this job-) and emotions, and people who toy with that in real life just kind of make me sick. I want to talk to that Manager myself and give him a piece of my mind since Im not working there, but you cannot just call someone on their day off and tell them they have to work or else you are going to fire them... Though my first thoughts are that the manager is an idiot himself, and desperate, not to mention lazy. I dont know how people like that come into management, but it makes a bad name for the establishment as a whole.

Anyways Im going to digress before I write an over opinionated rant and just go off. Im usually quite a subdued personality, quiet, reserved, but when someone is being bullied, no letting themselves be bullied because they dont know any better, I cant help but to speak up and inform them that its wrong (both the 'victim' and the bully). It is just so wrong...

About Alvadas... Lately I have been woefully disenchanted with the whole place. I dont know, Im growing restless and the free time I do have Id rather spend writing it for my PC. Im finishing quests mostly one at a time, but I am aware of my utterly slow and unacceptable speed at replies. I need to find my spark again and find a way to get excited about my plots in Alvadas. I feel something needs to happen, but Im just kind of stuck. Im not sure exactly how to get out of this rut. :/

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Wrenmae on April 16th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Happy belated birthday mate.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nira'lia on April 16th, 2013, 1:45 pm

I know how it feels about not being able to help it but speak up when bullies act up. Bad habit of mine -- just earlier I blew my top because some guy was being an ignoramus towards some street kids. Got me nowhere LMAO. I know exactly how you feel, and personally I think your friend is lucky that you're there for her in that way.

P.S. I'm still waiting for the pic of your birthday cookie!!
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on April 17th, 2013, 4:06 am

I remember hand cranked ice cream. That was some good stuff!

My 13-year-old daughter just informed me she wants to bake her own birthday cake. She 'discovered' baking a few months ago and has gone bonkers.

Naturally, to "protect" her from falling into the child obesity cycle that has become such a problem, I force myself to eat way more than my share.

Aaah, the sacrifices I make for my kids. ;)

Kuvarakh

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Fallacy on July 6th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Jody my Love

Along With Other Things- The pic is too big. Dont care to resize it.
Jody :

Firstly, this post is mainly for me. If you dont want a potentially boring, whiny story of self pity then dont read it.

Lately I have been unmotivated, depressed, and just not feeling like doing anything at all. This week I went to my first councilors appointment and taking steps to improve my life. Im moving to a different place, and even got a job on third shifts. In all the chaos that comes with moving, with all the changes going on, the fourth of July was a day where I just got a break and went to a little party. It wasn't the funnest thing, as I do not like people that much, but it was different and I met a few alright people. The biggest thing about the party was that I dont normally go to anything very social. I'm trying new things and having new experiences. Finally it seems like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

However, yesterday I went over to moms to grab some more of my dragons and other stuff that I dont want sold. She can no longer afford the house, and so she is downsizing, especially since she doesnt have 4 kids living with her anymore. Its just her, and she wanted to have a yard sell this weekend to get some money and get rid of stuff she doesnt want anymore.

So I was packing away some things that I left with her for safe keeping (my enormous collection of comic books, my dragons <3, and other misc stuff like that) and once the car was full I went to visit and say hi to the doggies. They were downstairs in the basement because its cool and they like it down there. I was told that they loved my room and would sleep in there some nights. They really missed me.

Bronco is a black lab, and when I went into the family room down there I reached down to pet him and he bit me on the leg. I then notice Jody laying there on the floor. I dismiss it as thinking that he is asleep and leave him be, while asking Bronco what the bite was for. I think its strange because never in his life had he bit anyone. He has always been a nice dog, very friendly, and absolutely loved children (until he got old. Then he got sort of grumpy). I dismiss it as weird as I see something in the room, some candles, that I forgot to pack away. They were candles and so they wouldn't take up much room, and I can find some room in the car easily enough.

So I pack the candles away in the car and go back downstairs. Bronco is still there and I pet him some more telling him how much I love him. Then I move to Jody, talking to him trying to wake him up. I get closer and down on the floor where he was, stomping my feet on the way over there, just trying to get his attention so I dont scare him. There was no movement. I know that he was hard of hearing, but I didn't think that he was that hard of hearing.

I saw that his eyes were open, and I get real low and look into them. The moment I saw his eyes I knew something was wrong. I called his name again, and again, trying to smile. One touch was all it took to confirm my nagging suspicion that he was lying there dead. Dead. Not sleeping like I thought he was. His body was cold, and his ear stiff. The fur didnt feel right.

I dont even live there and I was the one that found him. He was my buddy, and we got him a little over ten years ago when the other dog (RoRo) died. He used to kiss me until I told him to stop, and then he'd still do it until I laughed when I was feeling down. He was goofy, and funny, and had quite the personality. He was happy, and I loved him but I wasnt even there when he died...

On top of the chaos of moving there is that.

In the end, I wrapped Jody in one of his favorite blankets and we called the vet. He will be cremated, and his ashes will be sent back to mom to bury along with his sister (who died years before).

I fear that Bronco will die soon too. Jody and him were best buddies, and he is the only dog left. He is old and from what I thought in worse shape than Jody. If any dog were to have died I would have expected it to be Bronco, but no, it was Jody. The event was quite a shock. I can only imagine that he died alone and scared because of the fireworks... It tears me up that I wasnt there to comfort him, too busy with my own life to have visited mom on the forth. Instead I went to a party, one that I didnt even enjoy.

Jody, I love you and I miss you and nothing can ever replace you. I will remember you how you were, and I will remember how much I do love you.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on July 14th, 2013, 4:56 am

Here's something for you, big guy.
Still one of my favorite songs and doesn't have a "big hair" 70's music video.
Of course, it's intended for the subject of romantic love, but it has such feeling.

Love Hurts

Kuvarakh

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)