[Silarial's Scrapbook] Here We Go Again

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Yousef on April 21st, 2013, 1:01 pm

Broski! I've learned something interesting today! After rereading Good Omens for the nth time I came across this:

ImageOccasionally, serious men in dark suits would come calling and suggest, very politely, that perhaps he'd like to sell the shop itself so that it could be turned into the kind of retail outlet more suited to the area. Sometimes they'd offer cash, in large rolls of grubby fifty-pound notes. Or, sometimes, while they were talking, other men in dark glasses would wander around the shop shaking their heads and saying how inflammable paper was, and what a firetrap he had here.

And Aziraphale would nod and smile and say he'd think about it. And they'd go away. And they'd never come back.

Whoah, are we talking about the same Aziraphale with perfectly manicured nails who likes sushi and gave his flaming sword to Adam and Eve because he thought they looked so helpless and cold? How is this guy a principality? Or perhaps I'm asking the wrong questions, what the hell did he do to the men in black suits. Dang Az. Two millenniums with a fallen angel and he'd unknowingly rubbed off on you.

While we're on the topic of Good Omens, let's play the "Guess The Reference" game:

//winkwink

I love this book man. Armageddon doesn't sound so bad right? 8)

---#---

Edits 5 minutes after posting this because that's just how my brain works really:

On that note, I don't understand how I could have missed that paragraph. HUH. And the book did mention that Aziraphale did everything (well, everything except violence anyways) in his power to discourage a customer from buying one of his precious collectibles. Silly angel, you're too attached to your books. Go feed a duck or something.
Shiber | Vani | Common | Others | Thought
Yousef
Player

Words: 52483
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 3:32 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Silarial on April 21st, 2013, 4:51 pm

Dude, I totally know that one. The Emperor's New Groove references. Kronk, please. So yes, are you not proud of me? *sparkles*

So Aziraphale. He's one of the most endearing literary characters I've read. Of course there's Crowley too. Bring them together and you've got one of the best duos ever. Indeed, Armageddon doesn't sound so bad when we have this two on our side. Even though they actually don't care very much about us since they're reasons verge more on personal, even to the point of selfishness.

I wonder though why Aziraphale chose to open a bookstore when he'd just refuse to sell any of his precious collection. I knew it. There really must be something unearthly about book shops that draws these beings to it.

On another note, you muttered that Az should go and feed ducks or something. Didn't he just do that somewhere in the book? Or was that Crowley? Hmmn... I don't remember anymore, wow. :p

PS. Hey it's your frog template gift! I LOVE frogs, thank you!!!
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Words: 140345
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 6:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Yousef on April 21st, 2013, 5:44 pm

I'm sleepy and this is relevant.
Good job, guessing that reference.
Lai Lai Lai Lai Lai Lai Lai La-La-La-La-Lai Lai
Good morning. You're welcome.
Ribbit. Az is a badass angel, cheers.
Shiber | Vani | Common | Others | Thought
Yousef
Player

Words: 52483
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 3:32 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Silarial on April 27th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Do you smell someone cooking?

Oh, I'm the one cooking after all. Seriously, weather/climate/whichever it is I should refer to, you decide to do this when I need my brain's capacity to function the most? Warm temperatures in tropical countries are understandable, but over 36°C (or about 96.8°F) for almost a week is just too much. I already feel like I'm baking and all my capacity to process thoughts are slowly dissolving into this swirling pit of molten ideas. What's more wonderful, my overly thoughtful professor decided to give me a 15-page essay because I don't have the money to pay for the unreasonably expensive field trip. Truly charming.

To all I have threads with, I apologize for my lack of activity in this account, but I hope to catch up as well when all the crazy things happening around me dies down. And you guys are awesome! Cheers! *locks self inside the cool bathroom with her dog and mutters something about global warming*
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nira'lia on April 27th, 2013, 6:01 pm

It's scorching these days, isn't it!? More than usual. Even an aircon doesn't help at all! :( Bahahaha, my dog likes to hang out in the bathroom too. He likes the cold tiles.

Edit: Just kinda relevant LOL :
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Silarial on April 28th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Hey, hey Nira! *waves* Nice to see you drop by. :D

And I knoooow. My sister and I complain about how the air conditioner doesn't seem to be working anymore because it feels like in perpetual low cool. But yeah, step outside the room and it's an oven.

Your dog and I will get along! We can stay at the bathroom and feel the cold tile floor together.

Edit: It took me a couple of times coming back here and browsing through everyone's posts again before my mind absorbed that picture. We were closer to the sun than we can ever imagine after all. That explains it all! :lol:
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Silarial on May 5th, 2013, 3:04 pm

This is a rant

So as a disclaimer, this will be a long rant and I advise that you don't read this if you don't like reading posts written as is by butthurt people. Thank you.

Going straight to the point, I really don't really mind too much how people see me. You can hate me if you want. I don't even care if you say it outright to my face. I mean, it's your opinion and it doesn't change how I really am as a person. If you say I'm obstinate just because I didn't give you what you wanted, it doesn't change the fact that I gave people things because what they were asking were reasonable. Far more reasonable than what you were trying to ask from me. And they follow the rules. I love people who know how to follow the rules. They're there for a reason after all.

This is another topic I've been really frustrated about for some time now. You can go ahead and contest why I want such a thing there. I'll listen to you, don't worry. And I'll even think about and consider the points you're trying to argue, since I'm just human and I might not realize that I'm already doing things the wrong way. BUT. If I explained to you why I want that thing there, don't tell me you got it and then be secretly fuming about it. Man up and say how much you don't like me. And then don't, really, DON'T go to chat and whine about how you hate the whole of my people. One man's action does not automatically denote for the whole of his race, just as his lineage does not automatically dictate how he will be as an individual. Seriously, this thing you are doing. It's annoying, prejudicial, and says so many, many things about you.

What makes it more annoying is you should have known better than to insult a whole race, especially right in front of a member of that people. Then when that person shows that your passing, but totally rude and spiteful, comment had hurt him, don't go and act as if you didn't just say something so tactless. It becomes even more irritating.

When a person says no, more often than not that there's a good reason behind it. If you don't get what you want, accept it like a man. Deal with it like a mature person. And please please please, grow up.
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Noblesse on June 1st, 2013, 9:30 pm

Wow the sun has already risen and I'm still up.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Kane on June 1st, 2013, 9:43 pm

Hey, hey!

You, you!

You should join our boy band!

Yes way, yes way!

I really think you shoo-oould!

Hey, hey!

You, you!

You should join our boy band!!
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Noblesse on June 1st, 2013, 9:49 pm

Yes way! Yes way!

Par-teh!
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!