Greetings from Tyron Greywind

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Tyron Greywind on April 28th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Hello everyone,

As you can see to the left, I am Tyron Greywind. However, the nickname I've had for this character has always been Tyr, so you can use it for short if you so wish.

My RP experience has been on only two other RP forums, only one of which I have actually gained some legitimate experience from. However I have been an avid role player on World of WarCraft, WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne, Rift, and other RTS and MMORPGs. I also have basic knowledge of Dungeons & Dragons.

I found this site through Google by looking up "forum role playing websites."

What RP style is my favorite? I don't know actually, I haven't experienced very many so I can't really formulate an opinion. However free-form I've found to allow the writer in me to just go to town a little easier. But again, I lack enough experience to give a solid opinion.

As a writer, I've learned that having many limitations can hurt the work and closes a lot of opportunities off. As such, I am willing to write just about anything as long as I can come up with a solid background to it.

The fact there is a wiki on this sight I find amazing. I think it's a fantastic aspect and makes accessing needed information much easier to me.

Trying to learn the mechanics of the site was a tad frustrating, but I'm a quick study. Otherwise, everything is so far, so good.

Now I'll talk a bit more about myself. I'm a writer by trade. I've been working on a novel and am currently working on a 3rd draft of it to fix some general story line details. It's a lot more work than I expected, but I have always found it to be fun. Being the writer that I am, I also read quite a bit. I just finished a book called The Sacred Vault by Andy McDermott. It was quite a good book, 6th of the series, and now I'm onto book 7: Empire of Gold. I have also read the books by Tolkien and George R. R. Martin for some fantastic fantasy reads.

So that's a bit about me. I decided to answer the Q&A that was in the "Welcome to Mizahar!" thread posted by Gossamer since it gave a structured introduction... strategy(?). If I could get some assistance on some other mechanics like post backgrounds and whatnot, that would awesome. :)

But anyway, hello everybody!
Tyron Greywind
Player

Words: 797
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2013, 7:54 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Magpie on April 29th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Welcome, welcome! Very exciting to see a professional writer about. Navigating around the site takes a bit of getting used to, but you do adjust to it eventually.

In reference to backgrounds and post styles, this is a guide to the BBC code used on Mizahar, and we even have a whole forum of people to help you get the style you're looking for. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to message me, or anyone else around. We're all happy to help. Good luck!
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)