I have come here to chew bubblegum and make friends...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on May 1st, 2013, 12:05 am

... and I'm all outta bubblegum.

Greetings! So very happy to have found you.

I imagine that after a week of hanging out in the chat, it's probably about time to formally introduce myself, less you all take me for a squatter.

I'll apologize in advance for the length of this post. I think I wanted so badly to make a good first impression that I got carried away. My feelings won't be hurt if those of you who've stumbled upon this thread decide to read my answers to just a question or two that you may be more interested in than others. A special thank you and cookie to anyone who makes it to the end!

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
I don't usually divulge my true identity, so feel free to call me Jabari, Dreamchaser, or Dream. Pointing at me and saying "hey you!" also tends to get my attention. You may also want to call me a cab by the end of this post. >.>

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
My roleplaying experience is a bit all over the place. I was fortunate enough after a misspent youth to find myself invited to join a pretty tightly knit group of roleplayers. It was during those numerous late night gatherings that I really started to learn of all the wonderful places our imaginations can take us. Tabletop favorites include Earthdawn, Shadowrun, World of Darkness, Deadlands and of course Dungeons and Dragons. I'm also a sucker for a good video RPG (Dragon Age, I'm looking at you buddy) and can even lay claim to a few years of Vampire LARPing on my resume. Oh no. I didn't need to bring a resume did I?

3. How did you find us?
As with many of the recent additions to Mizahar, I came across this site with the help of a Google search. <3 Google.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I'm not picky. Any chance to travel to another world is traditionally met eagerly regardless the mode of transportation. Play by post is actually my least developed skill which has me a bit nervous about being in character. I hope to be able to improve over time enough that folks might actually enjoy my company in a thread.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?

With so little writing experience, it's hard to say what exactly my likes and dislikes are. I imagine that will change as the seasons come and go. At the moment, I'm leaning heavily in favor of telling a story with a solid foundation in true love and just how far someone will go to see their heart's desire once again.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
I've been impressed with a great deal when it comes to Mizahar, but so far? The community! I can't think of another group of folks I've found myself among who were so very welcoming (online or off!) So Kudos to you all for having fostered such a friendly atmosphere.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
I think the only bit of frustration (if it can even be called that) I've experience so far has come in the form of wanting to know everything there is to know about Mizahar... like, immediately! (^__^) But I'm sure once I've absorbed my fill of the setting, I'll be sad that there isn't anymore to be had. So I'll count my blessings now for what they are, and be happy there is so much wonderful lore to be found.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?

I'd like to have a wonderful world to escape to when time permits, to make some lasting friendships in and out of character and... well it sure would be nice if when all is said and done, my participation here ends up contributing to others enjoyment of this experience as well.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
I do like the skills which have detailed write ups to them. It's really neat to get more of a visual of what one can do with a skill at different levels. But I know time is limited and if it's a choice of fleshing out a few descriptions on the wiki, or continuing this epic tale... I can just look up botany online.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
I've decided on taking the path of the tortoise with regards to entering the world. As I go through the Mizahar wiki and these incredible starting guides, I find myself deeper and deeper inside the brainstorm of character creation. It's a wonderful place to be and I'd rather not rush it. So expect Jabari to make his debut come the first days of Summer! Until then, I will look forward to meeting more of you in chat, and hanging out with those of you I've met already while I flesh out details for the Chaser of Dreams.

Cheers!
Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Garran Frostfawn on May 1st, 2013, 12:19 am

*taps mic*

Do I really get to be first! I'm honored....:D

Welcome! - though we have chatted just a smidge in the cbox. I do think you are exceptional - simply in what seems like an exceedingly thoughtful approach to creating mr dreamer. From what I've seen of the players that take the time to do that, their characters are really well written (and fun to read). I'm definitely going to be stalking your threads just to see if I'm right. I look forward to seeing him come to life!

*noms cookie for reading ALL of the answers*

Many thanks to the generous and talented Coltyn for the avatar and sig
Garran Frostfawn
Borealis Bronc Buster

Words: 73047
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2013, 5:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 1st, 2013, 12:25 am

Hey Dream!

It's nice to see your'e finally up and posting! Took you a while, didn't it? XD
Well... have fun being the totally pro race of Vantha (along with Pycons of course...)

Can't wait to see what you have in store, writing and plot wise ^-^

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Rai on May 1st, 2013, 1:41 am

Hello Jabari!! Welcome to Mizahar!!
Rai
Player

Words: 2458
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2013, 2:00 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Ehati on May 1st, 2013, 5:37 am

I've watched They Live! as well. ;) I'm liking the quote! More than I probably should.

Welcome to Mizahar officially! Been seeing you around in chat and it's awesome to see you all set now and ready to RP. Congratulations!
Sera Ehati, 3rd Wing, Orange Company, 1st Regiment, Silver Quadron.
Ehati
Knighted by the Basilisk.

Words: 40220
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2013, 6:57 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on May 1st, 2013, 9:26 am

:D It's you! Go chase your dreams Jabari and have fun!
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tsukiko on May 5th, 2013, 6:28 am

Hai hai ^^
I've had fun chatting with you in chat, and hope to get the chance to thread with you at some point! Welcome to Miz, and see you around! ;)
Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko
Sings both night & noon, dreaming of the moon

Words: 123880
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2013, 1:15 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes