Just a Peek

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Just a Peek

Postby Dayanara on May 13th, 2013, 3:28 am

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called! I actually prefer to go by a shortened version of a nickname-- 'Red'. So feel free to use it or just call me by my character name if you really want to. I also answer to 'hey you' 'Girl' and 'Person' but I really think that would become confusing in this sort of setting so I don't advice it :) .
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? To be honest I really don't have much experience in RP. I dabbled a bit here and there with some people on a few sites for a while but there was no rhyme or reason to whatever they did, no rules, plans or even basic writing precautions taken (Which irked me to no end but I'm new so I guess I don't really know what's what anyways). I'm an amateur/hobby story writer but that's really all I've got going for me-- so be gentle!
3. How did you find us? I just wandered around google, typing in key phrases, until this site popped up. I clicked and 'POOF!' here I am.
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? Newbie here! I will say I'm a bit of descriptive writer so I enjoy paragraph forms of writing but I'm not going to try to describe a type only to put my foot in my mouth when I realize I was oh so terribly wrong about some aspect. Sorry, sorry, sorry, my deepest apologies!
5. What do you like to write about - not write about? I really do enjoy writing about practically everything. Half the fun is finding something and putting your own spin on it, even if you don't particularly like the subject at first- at least it is to me; to each their own opinion and all that. What I don't like writing about is character death but really, who wants to see their muse die? I will write it though if it's necessary, and unfortunately there are many viable reasons. Another topic I don't particularly prefer is pregnancy- not to say I won't write it or find it distasteful, I'm just a bit shaky on the subject- but again, I will write it if the occasion/plot calls for it.
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? The organization and creativity really captured my attention when I stumbled on the site. It's not just a flimsy outline with a few characters thrown in but a thought-out, planned-out world that is continuously growing.
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? A few things have me marginally frustrated so far but to be perfectly candid it's really just me being forced out of my regular "Zone of Comfort" :paranoid: . For one thing I'm really not used to so many guidelines on races. Don't get me wrong, I adore the fact that there are so many and that they are so detailed. I just am having trouble sorting through what is major and minor and how it will affect my characters personality, development and back story. Little things really, details most probably wouldn't be terribly concerned with but I tend to so I'll most likely be a bit frazzled for a while. The ocean of information is another thing I'm currently miffed about because I do like knowing every little aspect before beginning something- all the ins and outs you could say. But that, I'm sure will be overcome after my mind and the information battle it out for a week or so. So no worry there :thumbsup: .
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience? Anything and Everything! (Yes, there are some exceptions but let's just take the phrase at face value)
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? Anything I'd like to see expanded.....yeesh. Give me a week or so to accustom myself to all of this and I'll get back to that.
10. Anything else you want to talk about? The real question is, is there anything I don't want to talk about? Hmm...no, not really hahah. I have so many questions overrunning my head at the moment it would take a few years to kill them all off.

So that's me, Red. :D
I'm really looking forward to starting off here and I hope I didn't scare anyone off!
Dayanara
Player

Words: 1713
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2013, 1:45 am
Race: Kelvic

Just a Peek

Postby Prid on May 13th, 2013, 4:49 am

Hello Red! Good luck on your character creation -- there sure is alot of stuff to know on here! I'm still pretty new myself, but I can happily say that, after a few days, it's a whole lot less overwhelming. So if I have any advice to give, it's this: hang in there, it gets better! ;) Heh, best wishes and see ya 'round!
Prid
A tale as old as time.

Words: 16589
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2013, 7:17 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Just a Peek

Postby Xyliana on May 13th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Good Morning Red,

Pleasure to meet you. I must say that I am overwhelmed with all the knowledge that is at our fingertips on here. My pet peeve is experiencing sites that do not give much information and expect you to jump right in. I am always game for improvising but a map of where I should be going is always helpful.

That's my rant this morning.

I look forward to meeting you along my journey.

Have a fabulous day.

~Xyliana
Xyliana
Player

Words: 8270
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 9:56 pm
Race: Konti

Just a Peek

Postby Dayanara on May 13th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Prid wrote:
Hello Red! Good luck on your character creation -- there sure is alot of stuff to know on here! I'm still pretty new myself, but I can happily say that, after a few days, it's a whole lot less overwhelming. So if I have any advice to give, it's this: hang in there, it gets better! ;) Heh, best wishes and see ya 'round!

Hi Prid, thanks a bunch for the welcome and good luck! I'm glad to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel not too far ahead; it sort of allows me to take a deep breath and relax, haha. I most definitely will take your advice and stick with it!
Maybe we'll run into each other in rp.
Thanks again for the comment!
Dayanara
Player

Just a Peek

Postby Dayanara on May 13th, 2013, 11:32 pm

Xyliana wrote:Good Morning Red,

Pleasure to meet you. I must say that I am overwhelmed with all the knowledge that is at our fingertips on here. My pet peeve is experiencing sites that do not give much information and expect you to jump right in. I am always game for improvising but a map of where I should be going is always helpful.

That's my rant this morning.

I look forward to meeting you along my journey.

Have a fabulous day.

~Xyliana

Pleasure to meet you as well Xyliana ^^
I'm glad to see that some hold similar views on the topics and also that you stopped in for the rant. It's greatly appreciated, I assure you. I hope we cross paths in the RP at some point.
Thanks for commenting!
Dayanara
Player