hiya! & cs ideas...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

hiya! & cs ideas...

Postby Rinn Emris Ohm on May 24th, 2013, 1:56 am

Hey so I joined and was combing through the wiki. I have some pretty unique character ideas but wanted to run by somebody and see if they are plausible.

First idea: Human swordsman alchemist who uses his fathers D-wire (heirloom) as a weapon. Using a crude circle to inflict Djed poisoning and possibly fatal results. (Exe: using dwire like a whip and his own blood to transmute.

Second idea: ghost who uses a mixture of summoning and posession to use summoned bodies as his own. His undead drive would be to get his body back by any means necessary.

Third idea: a young adventurer who uses void magic and swordsmanship to defend his friends and loved ones.

All of these are really raw versions and are welcome to criticism and ideas :-)
DISCLAIMER: Everything stated in this message is to be considered my own opinion, and not an official representation of Microsoft Corporation or any other Microsoft employees. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool dark place.
Rinn Emris Ohm
True Neutral

Words: 5843
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2013, 2:47 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

hiya! & cs ideas...

Postby Alona Halloran on May 24th, 2013, 2:09 am

Hi! I'm fairly new as well, but as far as I can tell, most of the character ideas sound pretty doable (although you'd be pretty well off to check with a Storyteller, just in case), but I imagine you'd have to start them off without a lot of those powers (depending on how many skill-points it'd require), and then just roleplay your way into learning the rest. It all depends on how your concept would translate to the skill points.

But, when you do get a character fleshed out and they come to Zeltiva, Alona would love to meet your character!

Good luck!
Alona Halloran
Player

Words: 29090
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

hiya! & cs ideas...

Postby Rinn Emris Ohm on May 24th, 2013, 2:18 am

Absolutely! Id love to journey with others of my level. I'll be sure to keep you updated, maybe we can help eachother out ic :-)
DISCLAIMER: Everything stated in this message is to be considered my own opinion, and not an official representation of Microsoft Corporation or any other Microsoft employees. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool dark place.
Rinn Emris Ohm
True Neutral

Character sheet

hiya! & cs ideas...

Postby Noaru on May 24th, 2013, 2:55 am

The Dead Welcomes You...

Welcome Rinn Emris Ohm and Alona Halloran to Mizahar!

Rinn I like your idea's but ghosts need a living body to perform magic~ I presume you have read the lore on Ghosts? If you guys want to start a story or need some help send me a message 8) :thumbsup: since folk need a helpful hand every-now-and-then.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

hiya! & cs ideas...

Postby Rinn Emris Ohm on May 24th, 2013, 3:42 am

The lore says a ghost cannot perform "personal magic" unless I read incorrectly I don't believe it said anything about world magic...
Rinn Emris Ohm
True Neutral

Character sheet

hiya! & cs ideas...

Postby Rinn Emris Ohm on May 24th, 2013, 3:47 am

Also, can a ghost have a Gnosis mark?
Rinn Emris Ohm
True Neutral

Character sheet

hiya! & cs ideas...

Postby Noaru on May 24th, 2013, 4:00 am

The Dead Welcomes You...

Yep, you need a meat-suit to perform those tricky world magic skills as well--check under the common traits parts of the ghost lore it says...

Ghosts are somewhat limited as to the skills they can practice. They can progress in their three racial skills at will (Materialization, the art of looking real and touching the world; Possession, the art of taking over a mortal; and Soulmist Projection, the art of telekinesis with their Soulmist). Any other skills can only be practiced during possession, and will not yield a lot of experience unless the possessed person is a Spiritist - a medium. Also, ghosts cannot use personal magic disciplines in their natural form (their Djed is dead and unusable).

The rules follow dem rules and the admins won't hunt yer tails down and hog tie ya

I'm still not sure of the gnosis marks myself, someone told me yes--another no and I'm right at the point where I'm telling myself AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!!!
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

hiya! & cs ideas...

Postby Rinn Emris Ohm on May 24th, 2013, 4:51 am

Lmao thanks for the info. :-)
Rinn Emris Ohm
True Neutral

Character sheet