Homecoming (Saxani, Justice, Salar)

Look what the cat dragged in

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Postby Kara Sunderwater on April 29th, 2013, 1:11 am

The dancing tigers which had plagued Sal so gravely had been dancing around him unfettered, escaping his attacks, until just now. Slowly, one by one, they were becoming chained to their spots. And then in his hands, he had his favored halberd with its ashen shaft and steely smile. With it, he could cut down the wretched Myrian tigers who were taunting him so greatly.

Struggle in their chains however much they wanted, it was futile. Salar cut each one down mercilessly, hissing violently as he hacked away at the phantoms. As each one faded away in nothingness, Salar's eyes cleared.

He thought he could make out a rocky ceiling but for some reason, it seemed to be raining. Or at least drizzling. That was strange. Since when did caves experience rain? Were the tigers sprinkling water on him?

"Where are you! Come out and fight!" the semi-lucid Dhani yelled suddenly.
Kara Sunderwater
Player

Words: 36572
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2011, 4:48 pm
Race: Human, Svefra

Postby Justice Siybl on May 4th, 2013, 1:36 am

Justice jumped back, hitting her head. Gosh. He's in deep. she thought, shaking her head. A burning sensation filled her body, and she sighed. Just a normal thing that happened when she was scared or worried. Her mind flashed back to the battle she had won only hours ago. She looked over at Salar, ruffling her hair. "Master!" she shouted sternly, annoyance clear in her tone. She thought these Dhani were smarter than this, but she decided it was only an effect of the posion.

Stepping forward, Justice removed the blade from Salar's hands, tossing it across the room. "Calm down if you please. I'd appreciate it so I'm not risking my life anymore today." She cleared her throat, laying back and staring up at the ceiling. She wanted to ask Salar so many questions, but she knew he'd only find it disrespectful, which kept her quiet.
Justice Siybl
Player

Words: 8663
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2012, 3:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kara Sunderwater on May 22nd, 2013, 10:18 pm

He blinked once. Twice. Thrice. Each time, the face he stared became clearer. It was a Myrian! Someone else to kill!

He blinked again, realizing that they were in the caverns of Zinrah. The baths, to be exact. And the person in front of him wasn't a Myrian. She was too white, too dainty to be a Myrian. Who was she again? Salar felt like he had seen her before but had no name for the face.

Slowly, Salar flexed his muscles, uncoiling himself. At his full height as a Dhani, he towered over the girl. The same was true no matter what form he chose. Salar knew of no Dhani who took this shape as a human. Was she a guest? No. He had definitely seen her somewhere before. Recently.

She was that tiger! The one who could change into a human and back in an instant! So they had made it back to Zinrah together. Justis? Sounded like some silly human word that had no meaning in Falyndar.

"Justisss isss you name? Witch tiger?"

She wasn't one of the dancing tigers who had plagued him so that was a bonus in her favor. And the city guards had let her pass, so she obviously wasn't going to be dinner tonight. What an ... interesting turn of events.

This little thing was so unlike him. Where he had obvious physical strength, she showed none. At every turn, Salar was aggressive but she seemed more docile for a tiger. Yet she had courage at the end, defending herself. Could she be strong enough to survive in Falyndar or was it more merciful to end her now? The Dhani could not afford weaklings. Everyone had to play a role in their underground city just to survive. And she would have to face attacks from both his fellow Dhani and the Myrians. Ancient prejudices were not easily forgotten. The tigers were a symbol of Myria and her puppets, many Dhani would see no difference between Justis and the kittens owned by the Myrians.

By his own code, a weakling was hardly worth attention. But something, he knew not what, drew him to this creature. Curiosity played a part but it wasn't the dominating reason. Salar could not place it at all so he gave up and put it down to being interested in her abilities. It was sufficient enough for now.

"I see he is awake now. So, my son, what trophy is this that you bring back?" the two Dhani healers from before re-appeared, speaking in Common. Her tone, serpentine and reproachful, delivered a sense of disappointment.

"I am ssssure he hasss brought her to breed with. What other ussse hasss he for a Kelvic beast?"
the younger one commented in Common. Once again, she was condescending but this time, there was no silencing hiss from the mother.

Salar had bowed his head in deference to their entry. He was surprised that they could identify what she was right away. But then, he also accepted that they were the brains of the family and the ones whom he obeyed. Whatever a Kelvic was, it was clear that they were viewing Justice with none of the significance which he had attached to her.
"Mother, Sister. She issss different. She flashesss into human and tiger with magic. And she isss young. Warrior to train."

Salar's sister circled around him, running the tip of her fingers along his chest, neck and face while breathing down his neck. "And to mate, little brother?" Salar kept still and quiet, fighting down the shivers and emotions which arose from within. Every female liked to toy with a subordinate male; his mother wouldn't intervene. They were like two boulders grinding him beneath their questioning. His mother with her stern demeanor, his elder sister with her taunts and undeniable supremacy over him.

This was a normal scolding to him.
Kara Sunderwater
Player

Words: 36572
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2011, 4:48 pm
Race: Human, Svefra

Postby Justice Siybl on May 25th, 2013, 3:32 am

Justice let out an irritated sigh. He was bigger than her, yes, he scared her a bit, but she was strong, and she knew it. She would survive here, no matter what any Dhani said. She didn't care if they disliked her, she didn't mind being attacked by them. She had fended of enough Dhani in her lifetime to know what to do.

Her eyes remained closed when the large, peculiar Dhani spoke. "Yes. That's my name. And you should not worry about me. When I die, it was my time." Her words were wise, and she knew it. She could live for as long as she was needed, and then she would die of oldage, or be killed.

Nothing mattered. It didn't matter if she died in only a few moments. She had been alone pretty much her whole life, snd she was used to being demoted, and treated as a small creature, who could do nothing to protect anyone.

Justice's eyes slowly opened when she felt the presence of two other Dhani. She looked up at the creatures who easily towered over her. For once, she did not flinch. In the past twenty-four hours, she had grown used to Salar's large size, and it did not awe her anymore.

She continued to keep her cool, not showing that she was slightly intimidated by these three Dhani, that could easily break her down. Her hair fell into her eyes, and she sat up, still looking slightly demonted.

At the words of Salar's sibiling and mother, she clenched her fists, but stayed silent, not wanting anyone angry with her. She wasn't going to interfere, let alone speak without her 'master's' permission.

She took a deep calming breath, keeping her mouth shut tight. 'I was not brought here to mate. He wants nothing to do with me, other than to learn my secret of changing. I don't even know that.' She thought, furious.
Justice Siybl
Player

Words: 8663
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2012, 3:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Previous