Closed [West Street] Birds & Serpents (Arvan)

Is this the beginning of a beautiful long-lasting friendship? Probably not.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[West Street] Birds & Serpents (Arvan)

Postby Khrassvallen on June 5th, 2013, 4:21 pm

513 AV, 50th Day of Summer

Khrassvallen pressed his nose to the big display window of the expensive seamstress shop. His warm breath fogged the glass, blurring his view of the fine textiles and sewing equipment that was artfully arranged within. Sometimes he considered buying a new wardrobe, or even multiple, like right now. It was very tempting, especially when he caught sight of himself in a mirror. Old worn black shirt with its long sleeves rolled up to his biceps, his breeches with their faded grass stains, and the cloak back in his room that had frayed edges from being caught on a thorn bush. His boots were the only decent think he wore, because he had to rather recently replace them. But even those were already scuffed up.

He looked down at himself then back up to the shop. A few customers were bustling around inside, and a plump seamstress was taking the measurements of an equally plump child. His stomach growled a little, and he put a hand on it. Now was not the time to be thinking about food, for once. Khrassvallen turned back to the bustling street, watching a few finely clothed merchants walk by. Their silks shone in the sunlight in an array of colors, and they all laughed raucously at what must have been a particularly good joke. He though they were probably just trying to draw attention to themselves. A pregnant mother with a squirming toddler brushed by, gentle bumping his arm. She glanced back, looking a little rushed. "So sorry, sir. Excuse me."

He turned back to look inside the shop. The fat child was off the stool he'd been standing on, or maybe it was even a girl, apparently done with measurements. It was hard to tell its gender under all the layers of frill and chub. Rather unfortunate. Fat Dhani were hard to come by.

A sudden voice to his left made him jerk. "Good quality wares in there, lad." It was an elderly man with dark, weathered skin. He leaned on an intricately carved and polished cane, favoring a leg that looked longer than the other. Khrassvallen watched him out of the corner of his eye, angered by the fact that he'd been startled. The old man continued, unabashed. "The owner, she's a force to be reckoned with. Brings in the customers daily, even with all this competition. Lookin' into getting yourself some new finery?" He could see the old man examine his current clothing with barely masked pity. He turned his head and looked into the bright blue eyes. "I am consssidering, yess. You can go now."

The look of surprise on the man's face almost made him grin. Surely he wasn't expecting to be dismissed so suddenly and matter-o-factly. He looked almost as if he were going to argue Khrassvallen's manners, but the next look he was given seemed to change his mind. He turned on his heel and limped heavily back into the crowd, holding himself proudly. Khrassvallen hated how nosy humans were. They expected a stranger to want to have a conversation with them out of the blue. He made a face of distaste. It would be fine if that happened back at the nest, but he was very particular about who he made any effort to talk to that wasn't Dhani. Humans should be more like him, then he might actually try to get along with them.
Khrassvallen
My bark isn't worse than my bite.

Words: 26843
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 1:29 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arvan on June 6th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Arvan walked through the stony pavements of the street. He has no classes that day and apparently all his friends (they're not much actually) was busy today. Even Dirk couldn't save his plentiful leisure time for Arvan. That didn't matter anyway because he found it was a good day to have a walk with him self. He used to walk at the street at his leisure time when he didn't want go to library or has a class to be attended. It help him ease his mind somehow, to be able to 'breathe' the fresh air again. He was a bird literally, and no bird could stand being captive.

West street was never a boring place. The crowd of the people, the smell of fresh made meals and the color of the clothes that tease him behind the counter was always a pleasant things to meet when he need to refresh his mind. Arvan could enjoyed his time observing high quality goods even without purchasing them. When he found his feet brought him to corner that filled up with clothes shops he wanted to turned around. He'd rather spend his money for a something more useful than high quality clothes. In fact he didn't even care about clothes, he wear it because it is norm. Silk, satin, velvet its didn't mind him. Any clothes would do the same for Arvan. No there were many places he could enjoyed than this corner. So he turned around and started to walked away.

"I'm consssidering, yess. You may go now."

A slight of anger and disgust of the conversation made him tilted his head a little toward his left side. His normal eyes try to picture what was going on in front of him. Apparently he had stumbled upon an extremely unpleasant scene, the young man glared toward an elder one furiously. The two was eyeing each other intensely for a second. The young one seems to overwhelm the other, indeed the old man with luxurious cane looked very fragile before the muscular man in front of him. In no time, the old man retreated and walked away, with an inaudible mumbling voices that Arvan guessed to be an extreme critics about youngsters attitude nowadays. But the young man remained still and erect, Arvan thought for a moment that he would attack the old man, but the momentum flowed and the young man relaxed... Before their eyes met.

Inside his head he knew that it would be polite and better for him to low his eye and walked away right now. But his feet pinned at the ground somehow and he tempted. What's going on with me? before he could get control over his body, the young man strode heavily towards Arvan, his eyes still pierced him. He was difinately in front of him when he realize that the man was a head taller than him, as a sturdy build and fierce expression. Summer breeze flowed slowly before them, cast a scented air at the Kelvic, a scent that charged a pulse of blurred memory inside his head.
It's feels like I belong nowhere
Arvan
Player

Words: 23590
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2013, 10:44 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Khrassvallen on June 9th, 2013, 4:54 am

Khrassvallen didn't know what possessed him to look over. Maybe it was that feeling one got when they were being watched. He caught the young man staring at him right in the act, there was no hiding the fact that the grim boy was oogling at him. Likely he'd seen the little scene with the old man. Let them stare. An ignorant lot, all of them. He sneered at the rather sickly looking human, challenging him with a glare. Go away, his blue eyes warned. I just got rid of one of you, I don't need another. You're like ants. A limitless infestation. There is always one to replace the next. But he didn't go away. Quite the opposite, he boldly crossed the distance between himself and Khrassvallen. He had gumption, this one. Even an idiot could tell that Khrassvallen didn't want to be bothered. It was written all over his face, and branded in his cold stare.

Absently he noticed that one of this human's eyes was white. Blind, most likely. That was no natural color. It looked like the iris and pupil had just been erased, like they'd never been there. No wonder this youngster looked like he lacked any genuine levity. He was a cripple. Likely more useless than the average human, which was a pitiable thought. Almost. The human's face had a strange expression. Khrassvallen couldn't place it, but it looked like there was some confusion behind that one good eye. "What do you want?" he asked bluntly. "I am not in the mood for you humansss today." Normally he wasn't so forthcoming enough to hint that he himself wasn't a human, but sometimes his patience ran very thin.

"And I do not like to be watched ssso clossely, boy."
Last edited by Khrassvallen on June 15th, 2013, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khrassvallen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arvan on June 14th, 2013, 6:06 am

Arvan didn't need anyone to tell that he was crossing the border of general politeness, especially from one who simply ignored it. He stared the man right in the eye, at his blue eyes that howling volatile hatred and disgust. Once again his sanity slap him, it message was clear, it is not wise to throw sparks toward highly flamable substance. It was alchemical sentence, but he knew that it also picture this condition much. At a single glance, Arvan know that he was either hunter or someone who deals with the wildland a lot. Hardy expression and weather worn clothes was enough to prove it. But his personality didn't intimidate him. No, it was a good reason that Arvan can't flee from him. Its not fear or else. A gentle "click" dawned at his head, though his instinct naturally know it already.

He remembered years ago, his mother told him that the time would come for Arvan to know the true meaning of their existence. When the right people come, you would know that you're part of him. That he is the one that settle your worries. And the only one you want to protect and spend your entire life. You would find it someday. Frozen in thought, he felt terrified to the bone. How can it be? He didn't even think about it. But now he just know that the man, the rude man that seems to be an outlaw was the one.

"Did we ever meet before?"

It was the most stupid question he ever been asked to anybody. At the usual circumstance it might be normal to asked someone, but this situation was far from normality. However Arvan couldn't catch any better words to be asked indeed. He felt an odd familiarities from the man. Like they were met somewhere before. Arvan could see a change from his expression. He didn't seems to be interested though.
It's feels like I belong nowhere
Arvan
Player

Words: 23590
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2013, 10:44 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Khrassvallen on June 21st, 2013, 2:38 am

Was the boy blind and stupid? Khrassvallen glared, feeling his patience quickly ebb. Maybe he was mute, deaf, blind, and slow in the head. But he did speak. Eventually, after what felt like a lifetime of being stared down. He almost slapped the boy in the side of the head, just to disconnect eye contact. The human was gutsy, looking at him like that.

"Of course we have not. Thisss iss my firssst sseassson in Zeltiva." His forehead wrinkled with a frown, and he tilted his head, looking more closely at the seemingly sad little human. Khrassvallen leaned forward and sniffed him, which was obviously not something Arvan would be familiar with. But he smelled rather normal, maybe a little less like everyone else in the city who carried a salty aroma.

He stood straight again and peered down his nose. "Unlessss you have been to Taldera?" Very unlikely. Best to prove the human wrong now, and get him to go away. "I have traveled much, and far. You are too young, child, for usss to have crosssed pathsss. Doesss thiss ssatisssfy you?"
Khrassvallen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abstract on September 3rd, 2013, 12:21 pm

Khrassvallen

Skills

+ Observation - 3
+ Intimidation - 1

Lores

+ Wanting new clothes
+ Humans chat too much
+ An annoying boy

Other:

Notes

Not too much to give, as it was really quite short... I like Khrass though. I would have given you a point in socialization... but... I don't think the Dhani was trying very hard :)

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this grade, please PM me and we can work it out!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)