Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby Jezi on June 24th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm very much looking forward to participating in RP here. I've spent the last couple days happily browsing the information on the site. Wow, there is so much to work with!

I have more experience with role play than I care to admit most days. I started with table top D&D first and second edition in high school. I branched out to all sorts of other systems in college with my favorites being Amber's dice-less system and 2nd Ed. AD&D. Most of my RP these days is online through MMO's and AIM with friends I've met along the way though I'm going to be starting a 3.5 Ed. AD&D campaign shortly. I've been both player and storyteller and enjoy both roles.

I plan on starting out in Riverfall as soon as I get my story line solidified and character sheet approved. I keep thinking I have it down then I read something else that makes me change something. It's fun! I think I went through three names and at least as many races before I settled on one to work with.

Advice, ideas, and constructive criticism are always appreciated. I am not new to RP but I am new to this world and I know I have a ton to learn. I'm really looking forward to it!

~Jezi
Jezi
Player

Words: 1549
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2013, 10:21 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Delilah on June 24th, 2013, 7:26 pm

It's good to see a veteran RPer here! There is a ton of lore here on Mizahar, but I believe that makes it better for having all the detail and options! If you have questions, the mods are super active, and they are very friendly! Also if you click the chat link on the navigation bar, the people there are always very helpful as well! Hope to see you around Miz!
Delilah
The Boxer

Words: 12812
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2013, 9:15 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Shausha on June 25th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Hoi!
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome!

Well, best advice I can give is that you browse through the links above the image banner like
"Master Lists, Useful Links, Features, etc." You'll be using them constantly! :P :P

Other than that, I see you've chosen your city and fleshed your character out very well. Butttttttt I did notice your OOC note below your character history. I'm not very familiar with Kelvics, Alakalaalkakakalk, or Riverfall, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a slave or pet to live there. Why don't you pop into chat and see if Gossamer or someone else who is familiar with Akalak culture is there to answer your question?

Welcome again!

Shausha
Is it the sun down yet?

Words: 99565
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 7:28 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hello!

Postby Jezi on June 25th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Shausha wrote:

<snip>

Other than that, I see you've chosen your city and fleshed your character out very well. Butttttttt I did notice your OOC note below your character history. I'm not very familiar with Kelvics, Alakalaalkakakalk, or Riverfall, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a slave or pet to live there. Why don't you pop into chat and see if Gossamer or someone else who is familiar with Akalak culture is there to answer your question?
<snip>

That's a good idea. I know you don't have to be a pet/slave to live there as a Kelvic. I've seen a few references to that happening. It's just the way she was brought there than I'm not sure she would be given an option. I've read a few things that were somewhat conflicting, at least in my interpretation, which could be wrong.

Thanks for the pointer!

~Jezi

ETA: Formatting. Preview buttons help, yes?
Jezi
Player

Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Kira Slyvass on June 25th, 2013, 7:51 pm

"Everyone on earth is is the same. No exceptions. All of them, equal before god." --Kira Slyvass

Oh...and welcome to the fray.
Chaos is the worlds natural order. Upset the established order, tamper with the laws set in place. And sever the system, then everything turns...to chaos. And it is through the chaos we seek order. --Kira Slyvass
Kira Slyvass
Playing with lives, is entertainment!

Words: 50884
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2013, 1:09 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Delilah on June 26th, 2013, 7:48 am

You also don't have to be a slave to be in Riverfall as a kelvic, Kelvics are treated as Living property or Pets, so long as they follow Riverfalls laws.
Delilah
The Boxer

Words: 12812
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2013, 9:15 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Jezi on June 26th, 2013, 11:18 pm

True. It is more the circumstances that I picked for her to land there aren't working well with her not ending up as a slave. I chatted with some other folks and the consensus was it was time to rewrite.

It's no biggie. I'd rather get it right now than have it cause issues later. I have to admit the character sheet review is brilliant, particularly for new players.
Jezi
Player

Character sheet