Killing another PC

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Killing another PC

Postby Jh'eon on June 27th, 2013, 7:41 pm

You are a player plotting to kill a PC. You need both the PC you want to kill and a ST's permissions right? We debated this in chat.
Jh'eon
Player

Words: 32412
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 8:47 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Killing another PC

Postby Balderdash on June 27th, 2013, 8:00 pm

Either or- and for the latter, you need to get the ST involved as per the PvP rules.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Killing another PC

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 27th, 2013, 8:08 pm

I shall give you my opinion on the matter, Jhe. It's by no means absolute and are open for discussions of course.

For the plotting, you can do it on your own. It's only plotting after all and not the actual act of killing.

For the actual murder, you can make an agreement with your would-be victim like this thread here. Wrenmae killed Weylin with her permission. Or like Baldy said, with the discretion of a ST.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Killing another PC

Postby Fallon on June 27th, 2013, 8:14 pm

*Sees a mention of Weylin, sheds a single tear*

But yes, they're right, be sure to get permission, label that you got permission clearly on the thread somewhere, and also make sure you can back up said permission with PMs and the like. Also (though this is a bad habit of mine), be sure to keep confirming it right up and till the last moment, other players have a right to change their mind after all. :D
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Killing another PC

Postby Fallacy on June 27th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Ive had a few people try to kill each other. Each time the players were not in agreement so I had to intervene. Technically you do not have to have the other persons permission to try to kill their PC. This is where a mod will intervene and moderate the fight as a fair and unbiased power.

However if you make a name for yourself going around killing pc's at random for no reason XD good luck finding someone to RP with. Also, Im sure there will be IC consequences as well, as you rack up infamy (such as the city guard/bounty/merc's etc being sent after your PC).

Skills DO matter. Again, I would advise to read the Player vs. Player rules to get an in depth view of how PvP is handled in Mizahar.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Killing another PC

Postby Wrenmae on July 3rd, 2013, 7:14 am

*Watches Fallon change her mind about Weylin*

Well...crap.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)