Solo A New Weapon

Nat comes to the decision to try something new... and attempts to learn how to use a Suvai

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

A New Weapon

Postby Na'tala on June 21st, 2013, 2:52 pm

-Summer 11th, 513AV--

On a whim, Nat had decided to try something else new... She wanted to learn how to fight, though she wasn't quite sure why. She'd seen people use the Suvai... sparring with them in pairs, and she found it intensely interesting. So much so, that she wanted to learn how. But before she learned... she actually needed a Suvai. Normally they were wielded in pairs, but she didn't think she had the skill --or hand-eye coordination-- to do that. It was best to start with one, right? One thing at a time. When she felt that she was getting better... then she'd buy herself another.

This was what had brought her to Heart of Steel, the weapons shop in Mura. The Konti had never been in, but she'd walked past many a time. She'd seen the various weaponry that filled the shop through the window, and had found it kind of impressive. And a little bit scary. Still, she entered the building, trying to be optimistic about the whole thing.

Inside, she found the shop owner sitting at a desk, sharpening a pair of daggers. The woman looked up with a smile, and greeted her customer warmly. "Hello, how can I help you?"the Konti asked, carefully examining her potential customer. Nat stood there slightly awkwardly, attempting to frame an answer to the question. "I was looking... for a weapon..." she muttered, thinking that it was a slightly obvious answer. The shop owner simply nodded at the girl, seemingly thinking on something.

"I think the best weapon for you... would be either daggers... or Suvai... "she informed the younger, with a sharp nod. Nat thought on this, happy that one of the potential weapons was the one she wished to try. Daggers did make sense though, since she was a chef, and used them often during her cooking. "Which will it be?" the weapon smith asked, watching with slight curiosity. The younger Konti thought, then decided to go with her original plan. "I'd like a Suvai please... just one. I don't think I could handle two" she admitted shyly, which was answered with a smile.

The shop owner nodded again, and left her desk. She picked out a single Suvai, and handed it to Nat, who stared at the weapon in amazement. They'd always been particularly interesting to her, made of spiraling horns, almost like a work of art... she grinned and looked up at the older Konti, who mirrored the expression. "How much?" she asked, slightly worried that it would be out of her price range. She had nearly 90 gold mizas however, so she doubted there would be a problem. "15 gold mizas please!" the weapon smith answer politely, and Nat handed over the money. It seemed like a reasonable amount, especially for something so beautiful....

~|--|~
Last edited by Na'tala on July 1st, 2013, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nat's Konti gift is sensing your preferred food at that time by touch
Na'tala
Player

Words: 13785
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2013, 1:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A New Weapon

Postby Na'tala on June 30th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Now armed with her very own Suvai, Nat made her way to the Suvai pavilion. Sure, she had a weapon, but she didn't know how to use it... yet. She wanted to take lessons there, not full time, as she was working, but lessons none the less. Maybe... two bells a day, every four days. It was a reasonable time, and she could always practice when there weren't any lessons going on. So the Konti wandered up to the building, nervous, but determined to figure out how much this whole endeavor would cost.

She wandered up to one Konti, with messy white hair and blue eyes, who was carrying a pair of Suvai, and seemed to be in charge. "Umm.... hello?" she said politely, not quite sure how to start this, but determined to put on a good face. [b]"Could you help me... I was hoping to take some lessons with the Suvai... and I wanted to know how much it would cost."[/color] She raised said weapon and smiled shyly, extracting a wide grin from the other woman. "Well you've come to the right place! I'm Val'mara... and I teach Suvai. So, money wise, it would be... 1 and a half gold mizas for a bell long lesson"she informed the younger Konti with a smile, causing Nat to nod understandingly.

She did some mental calculations. So... if she wanted two bells of lessons... two times 1.5 was three... and it was the eleventh... so 91 minus 11 was... the same as 90 - 10, which was 80. So if she wanted it every four days... 80 divided by four... Well, four times 10 was fourty, so double that 20. So 3gm per lesson for twenty lessons. 20 times three was... 60. 60gm for the entire season... it sounded reasonable, right? "Umm... I was hoping I could maybe have two bell long lessons, maybe... once every four days? Would that work?" she asked shyly, wondering if the skilled Konti would even have time for her. Nat smiled slightly, and gained a sharp nod from the teacher.

"Sounds good to me! So... you can pay at the end of the season, rather than at every lesson, as that would just get complicated. Anyways, did you want to start today?" Val'mara asked, as if slightly eager to get started with a new student. Nat nodded, then added "Yes, that would be nice... oh, I'm Na'tala by the way!" After the introduction, the older Konti led the younger to another area, an empty training room. "Lets get started, shall we?"

~|--|~

Nat's Konti gift is sensing your preferred food at that time by touch
Na'tala
Player

Words: 13785
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2013, 1:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook