A Great Big Hello From A Grinning Cat.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Kawa Snowsong on July 3rd, 2013, 7:35 pm

Hello Mizahar! I'm new here! (Duh...)

I don't want to give my real name, so I'll give my most common alias, Grinning Cheshire.

I've always loved roleplaying, but have very rarely have had the opportunity to do it with somebody, and even then they didn't stay interested for very long. (I have boring friends...) So, I was bored one day, and low and behold, one simple web search, and here I am.

I found this site completely by accident, looking for an online roleplay I could join; and after reading through the lore a bit, I got really interested.

I have roleplayed online before, and have experience with the play-by-post method. I write as a hobby, and have uploaded some stuff to Fanfiction. My favorite style of roleplay is the kind that allows characters to interact and develop, since the characters are, for me, the best part of any story. (Besides, I'm rubbish at fight scenes.)

In terms of writing, I'm willing to try anything, except stuff that is vulgar, or very heavy on the blood and gore. As stated before, I really like writing about characters more than anything.

My favorite thing about Mizahar so far is just how well developed the lore is. Plus, the community seems pretty cool too.

I've only really been frustrated by how confusing character creation is, or maybe that's just my own stupidity.

I really just want to be able to create a story with other people, because writing it all yourself just isn't that fun. Being able to focus on one character and seeing the personalities of others that you meet, all of it fresh and new every time you start a new adventure. That's why I've always love roleplaying.

I'd like to see the world itself expanded on, since right now there isn't a whole lot of detail about the areas in-between cities.

Also, I'd appreciate it if ya'll could give me any tips, and just help me start off here.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to meeting everyone.
Kawa Snowsong
Vantha Flute Player

Words: 13063
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 3:57 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Shausha on July 3rd, 2013, 8:16 pm

asdfasdf
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome!

Creating a character in Mizahar is very different from many other places because it is so open ended. I looked through your character sheet and it looks like you've got a great start! However, I did notice that your heirloom is a whale bone flute...It's not listed in the price list (only wooden and metal are there) but based on the other two flutes prices, you might be able to save some money by buying the flute with your starting gold and using your woodcarving kit as your heirloom since it's worth 50GM! It depends on how much a whale bone flute would cost, I suppose. But yeah!

The best way of getting used to the way Mizahar works is to check out all the links at the top of the Mizahar image banner (Getting Started, Help, Master Lists, Useful Lists, Features). Your welcome PM has a bunch of useful tips also. The "chat" feature is up there too if you have any quick questions the general public could answer.

And my personal suggestion is to take time to examine each city's forum. There are high population forums and others that are more close-knit. Find a city that will match your taste both OOC and IC!

Welcome again!

Shausha
Is it the sun down yet?

Words: 99565
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 7:28 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kawa Snowsong on July 3rd, 2013, 8:31 pm

Shausha wrote:
asdfasdf
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome!

Creating a character in Mizahar is very different from many other places because it is so open ended. I looked through your character sheet and it looks like you've got a great start! However, I did notice that your heirloom is a whale bone flute...It's not listed in the price list (only wooden and metal are there) but based on the other two flutes prices, you might be able to save some money by buying the flute with your starting gold and using your woodcarving kit as your heirloom since it's worth 50GM! It depends on how much a whale bone flute would cost, I suppose. But yeah!

The best way of getting used to the way Mizahar works is to check out all the links at the top of the Mizahar image banner (Getting Started, Help, Master Lists, Useful Lists, Features). Your welcome PM has a bunch of useful tips also. The "chat" feature is up there too if you have any quick questions the general public could answer.

And my personal suggestion is to take time to examine each city's forum. There are high population forums and others that are more close-knit. Find a city that will match your taste both OOC and IC!

Welcome again!

I didn't even think about that, thank you!
Kawa Snowsong
Vantha Flute Player

Words: 13063
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 3:57 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet