PM to join Training | 15 summer-afternoon

Kujyaku's out for today so Yumi's alone trying to think of something to do

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Training | 15 summer-afternoon

Postby Yumi Seishen on July 21st, 2013, 9:18 am

"Well, if you think that climbing is the easier in animal form, then I may just join you then" What? Yumi was confused by Ceira's statement. Was she a Kelvic too? She didn't see any promenint features indicating it. But then again, some Kelvics had more subtle features, she just couldn't tell what hers were even after she took off her clothes. Mybe after she changed she would be able to identify what match her animal form. Once she realized she was thinking straight again she grinned, then became a little nervous seeing the dagger she had placed on the top of her clothes. "Maybe she just carries it around for protection. If her animal can't fight that well then carrying some sort of weapon around would make since." Even after rationalizing the reason looking at the weapon still made her nervous because of... she pushed back the though before it had a chance to enter her head.

Turning her attention back to Ceira she spoke a few moments after the othe other girl told her, her name and did a mock salute, "I'm Yumi Seishen." Managing to keep herself from fidgeting like a young child-she never felt very comfortable introducing herself, kelvic or not-she looked at the mountain, "Let's go... So we don't waiste anymore time." She changed into her tiger form and picked up her clothes with her mouth. She started walking to the other part of the mountain, "I wonder how long it'll be before we'll find a suitable place to train." she thought.

OOCSorry it's so short.
Last edited by Yumi Seishen on July 22nd, 2013, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yumi Seishen
Player

Words: 17393
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2013, 8:59 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 21st, 2013, 11:05 am

15th Day of Summer, 513 AV

Ceira nodded, acknowledging who she now knew to be Yumi Seishen. Well, what an interesting name, never heard anything like it before, that's for sure. She did not miss the look that Yumi gave her dagger, which was lying crooked now on the pile in front of her. Well, I better not give her anymore reason to doubt me, she's skittish enough as it is. She placed the pile down on the ground, before stretching and arching her back.

Ceira found her other half instantly.

It wasn't hard at all. Ceira just imagined her animal, her reddish-brown fur, her long dark legs and paws. There was a soft light surrounding her at this point, it blinded her for less than a second and when she re-focused, she saw the ground closer up, she saw the impressions of the dirt, albeit, it was in shades of grey. She felt the wind inbetween each of her hairs. Her ears could now rotate and a greater degree of hearing and smell could be attained. Ceira shook her coat and ruffled her tail, freeing any loose hairs or obstructions her may have gathered in her fur.

Well, this is a nice change. I haven't been able to shift in quite a while. A sudden bout of glee rushed through Ceira as she crouched and jumped, testing out her legs. She then shot back to attention, remembering Yumi right beside her. She felt heat rush up to her cheeks and she was glad no one could see her blush of embarrassment. Did I just... prance... in front of a stranger? She huffed at her stupidity, her fur bristled, and she roughly bit down on the bundle of clothes, careful not to scratch the dagger in her frustration. Stupid, stupid...

She stalked then, her head low, partly from the weight she was holding in her mouth and partly due to her own mortification. Her ears were folded back and her eyes darted around as she followed the Tiger in front of her.
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Words: 84850
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2013, 9:08 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yumi Seishen on July 22nd, 2013, 5:43 am

Yumi looked back as Ceira changed, as the light disolved around her and show a thin canine. She was right about why she would need the knife, Ceira seemed better equiped for running and scavanging, rather than fighting. Her tail flicked in amusement when Ceira pranced over to her, she stopped next to her hind legs then went over to her clothes and picked them up. Yumi couldn't tell if she was just excited to be in her animal form or what; then tried to figure out what animal she was. "The maned fox!" Yeah, that sounded about right. Her tail shifted a few times in contentment as she started walking again with Ceira following.

As they got climbed to the other part of the mountain the terrain changed from grassy with obstructing rocks to stones long slabs of stone and dirt. Which made it easier for Yumi to stretch up to the next slab and climb up without having a rock try to stick itself into her soft paws. It didn't seem like Ceira was having trouble keeping up with her and an idea formed in her head.

Unsheathing her claws she hoped onto the other ledges, using her claws to keep her balance and make sure she didn't slip, instead of climbing each one. Then ran to the next ledge and jumped onto it. She hoped Ceira had caught onto why she was running and what she was doing; she wanted to race to the top. Yumi continued her pace either way, it was fun climbing this fast dispite the danger. She was just weird like that she guessed. And because she was having so much fun, she didn't realize the ledges were more unstable the high they climbed.
Yumi Seishen
Player

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 22nd, 2013, 10:18 am

It was silence all around. It wasn't awkward, no definitely not awkward, but neither was it welcoming. It was just silence in Ceira's opinion. Part of it would be because they were of different stock altogether; she was a feline, Ceira was a canine, chalk and cheese so to speak. Funnily enough, we are both walking pretty much side by side. Huh.

Now that Ceira had settled somewhat with Yumi, and didn't have any rocks dedicated to tripping her over, she could finally start to enjoy what she originally came to the mountains for - the scenery. Even through the greys of her vision she could see the view that was surrounding her, a breathtaking one at that. Ceira lived for views, she wanted to see the world, she wanted to see the culture and livelihoods in far off towns and cities. Its this freedom that she strived for, the pursuit of experiences that would excite and shock her at the same time. The feeling of doing whatever you want. Well, within the law that is... most of the time.

Ceira closed her eyes, savouring the feeling, but when she opened them, Yumi was already quickening her pace, moving ahead of her. She let out a low huff, her gaze aimed at the tiger's back as she sped up. What the hell is she doing? It then clicked as Yumi continued to pounce quicker and quicker over the mountain ledges. She wanted to race up the mountain? Oh, its on cub.

Ceira's Maned Wolf was made for climbing, with her long legs giving her that extra bit of an advantage needed in that uphill push, even so, she skidded across any loose pebbles. Ceira started to speed up anyway, using the momentum she gained to clear the ledges in front of her. If I lose, its because that damn cat had a headstart. Cheater. Still, she was starting to enjoy the race, a feeling she hadn't had the pleasure in experiencing in quite a while.

Since Ceira was still a bit behind Yumi, she luckily managed to see the rocks that skittered over the edge, tumbling over the cliff face. She calmed her pace slightly, confused as why the rocks were tumbling. The ledge itself wasn't stable, its base had been eroded with the elements over the years and the pressure our race had placed on it wasn't helping the situation. Now realising the danger, Ceira started to slow down completely, her eyes darting around to check for any loose ledges near her.

Ceira glanced up, noticing Yumi hadn't seen the danger yet, she was still running, not even checking behind her to see if Ceira was still with her. Her eyes widened as she let out a loud roar-bark, a signal for danger. She pawed the ground in frustration and indecision, Should I go after her? What if she didn't hear the bark? Petch! This cat is going to be the death of me! She started up again, although with a good amount of careful measure, continuing to bark as she tried to grab Yumi's attention.
Last edited by Ceira Everwood on July 25th, 2013, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yumi Seishen on July 22nd, 2013, 10:10 pm

“Why is she barking?” Not yet realizing the danger she looked back, noticing that Ceira was running hesitantly, as if the ground was about to collapse under her at any moment; She slowed down to see what the problem was and felt the ground start to shift under her paws. Before she could react the ledge collapsed under the pressure she was putting on it, and on instinct she managed to dig her claws into the dirt and watched as the slabs of dirt and stone fell to the bottom of the mountain. “That’s a long fall…” she thought. She dug her claws of her hind and forepaws into the mountains side and climb back up to the part of the ledge Ceira was still standing on.

Her grip was starting to loosen as the unstable dirt continued to shift and fall as she climbed. She managed to get a grip on the ledge with both of her forepaws, consequently part of it fall as well. She bit down on the forgotten clothes that she still held in her mouth, the book would have been ruined if it weren’t for the fact that it was place in the center of her mouth with her large canines on either side, but her clothes were more than likely ruined at this point.

She felt herself start to slide off the edge again and after placing her book on the edge she quickly changed back to her much lighter human form and crawled back up. A little bit shaken by the fact that she nearly killed herself by not paying attention to her surroundings. She turned to look at Ceira"I, uh, I'm okay."
Yumi Seishen
Player

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 23rd, 2013, 12:44 am

That damn cat! Ceira saw the ledge Yumi had stopped on start to crumble, and eventually fall away. She barked madly, not being able to do anything as she skidded to a halt when she ran out of a pathway. The rocky slope below her promised a hard and dangerous fall, one that she intended to avoid at all costs. She whipped her head around, searching for a safe way towards Yumi. I swear... I will not have a damn girl dying on me! Especially when I have finally started to get settled!

Ceira continued to pace, testing the ledges she climbed on ever so lightly, anything to try and help in this situation. She kept an eye on Yumi, seeing her leap towards her ledge, although that was breaking apart as well and Ceira let out another howl. She saw Yumi’s clothes dropped on the edge and pushed it further away from the brink.

Yumi disappeared for a moment, and Ceira started to think of the worst, before she saw her, now human, scrambling over the edge. Dust and dirt caked her features, but she was in one piece. When Yumi turned towards her and muttered a small; “I, uh, I’m okay.” Ceira didn’t know whether to be relived or angry. A bit of both, if she was honest with herself.

But mostly angry.

She growled, low and menacing. Maybe I should take a bite out of her, just to warn her not to do that again. She was actually considering it, a dangerous gleam in her eye, but she decided against it - the girl already had a scare today as it is. Although her leg did look tasty. She settled for a reprimand. One that she wouldn’t forget in a long time. A very long time.

A quick shift later, and Ceira was towering over the girl, once more folding her arms across her chest in annoyance. She put on her best death stare, her dark eyes glowering and the gold flecks in her eyes burning holes into Yumi's head. “Okay? Okay! Did you feel like killing yourself today? Because if you wanted to, all you had to do was ask! I mean, throwing yourself off a cliff is a painful way to go - I could've done the job with my dagger and have made it clean at least!” She started to shout now, the sarcasm becoming harsh as she continued on her tirade.

“Actually, if you had killed yourself, I would’ve brought you back and pushed off the cliff myself! And what if the fall didn't kill you, hmm? You would've been in agonising pain! Broken! You would've...” Ceira huffed to a stop, before muttering, more to herself, “Just... you’re lucky. Very, very lucky.” Darn cat. Giving Yumi a relived somewhat look now, she calmly, well, as calmly as possible, walked back to where she discarded her own clothes in the panic beforehand, scooping them up in her arms once more.

OOC :
I just realised that Ceira is younger than Yumi! Hehe!
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yumi Seishen on July 24th, 2013, 1:34 pm

Yumi looked down and muttered a soft “Sorry.”, feeling guilty that she made Ceira worry. She really should have been paying more attention to her surroundings on these ledges, if Ceira hadn’t caught her attention she probably would have fallen with the rest of the ledge, and she really didn’t want to be reminded how painful that fall would have been.

She carefully unwrapped the clothes from around her book. The clothes themselves were nearly ruined-still wearable though-but she would need to buy another pair of clothes soon; it was a good thing she didn’t bring her shoes along. The book wasn’t as damaged as her clothes, thankfully, but there were many teeth marks on the leather binding covering it; everything else was essentially fine, “How do I manage to have both the best and worst luck?” she wondered, wrapping her severely damaged clothes back over the book.

She changed and picked up the bundle trekked carefully along the ledges. She still felt guilty even as they found a suitable place to train. It was a seemingly stable foundation, supported by dirt and stone at the bottom. There were a few long pieces of stone that she could use for vaulting and there was enough space for sparring as well.

Changing back and looking at her book it took her a few minutes to understand the basics of unarmed combat, well, the gist of it at least…

Setting her things on the stone next to Ceira’s, she stretched out her back and got into a ridicules looking fighting stance that would leave her open to basically every attack. Once they started she missed every time she tried to swing, but thanks to years of avoiding traps and whatever was throwing at her she was able to dodge most of Ceira’s attacks; getting kicked a few times in her gut and managed to get one good punch to the other girl’s face, then cringed from the recoil of pain that was shooting thought her fist and the rest of her hand.

She shook her hand in the air in an attempt to dull the pain a bit, “I thought only the other person was hurt when you punch them”, she flexed her hand to make sure it still worked right, it did.

OOCTook me forever to write that and it's not even a very narrative -_-
Yumi Seishen
Player

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 24th, 2013, 3:49 pm

"Sorry."

That was the whispered apology that Ceira heard from Yumi before she shifted, once more a glow surrounded her transformation. Ceira didn't know why, but she felt guilty too, now that her temper had subsided. Well, maybe now she'll be a bit more careful from now on. And I should too. She hated to think what would've happened if neither of them had noticed the danger, even now Ceira could vividly imagine Yumi and herself caught under the crumbling ledges, their body mangled underneath... An involuntary shudder overcame her. Nope. Stop thinking about it. It didn't happen, stop torturing yourself.

Ceira followed Yumi's example, swapping to her Maned Wolf with the clothes she previously held in her hands now in her jaws. Taking a glance at Yumi's, she couldn't help but feel relived, they had survived better than her's. Barely, that is. Ceira paced along beside Yumi, her head down and low, carefully observing where they both stepped, not wanting a repeat of what just happened. Definitely don't want a repeat of before. One near-death experience a day is enough for me. Ceira also thought tempting fate a second time wouldn't be the best idea, she doubted they would come out of it relatively unscathed.

Yumi stopped a few chimes later, seemingly satisfied with the area they were to train in. Ceira had to agree, it was a good spot. Well, its flat for one, no pesky rocks or ledges that may crumble underneath. Inbetween where the long slabs of rock met the flat floor, tufts and patches of grass were seen intruding on the area, adding a bit of colour to the otherwise brown and stony area. Ceira waited for Yumi to read that book of hers, the one she seemed to worry so much about. She caught the glimpse of the front cover, noting how it seemed to have some combat element to it.

Setting down her load in a niche of rock, Ceira stretched out, transforming as she did so. "So. Lets get started then." With that said, she attempted her own awkward stance, her balance was horribly off and she often found it very difficult to form any kind of successful or manoeuvrable attack. Her aim was unfocused and so was her coordination. Heck, when the sparring started, she must have fluked getting a kick in at Yumi's stomach - although in doing so, Ceira had over-extended, allowing Yumi to get a hook to her face.

Ceira instantly knew that it was going to bruise. She let out a loud wince as the fist collided with the side of her face, just under her eye and on the cheekbone. She stumbled back a bit from the force, and due to her unbalanced position, landed squarely on her rear in a cloud of dirt.

"Darn..." Ceira grumbled under her breath, but that soon changed to a chuckle when she saw Yumi shaking her hand in the air. Ha. I bet that would hurt! She gleaned a small amount of satisfaction from watching Yumi testing out her fingers. As if on cue, she let out a yawn, but attempted to stifle it.

Turning around, she was faced a darkening sky, the sun had already dipped low, When did it get so late? I need to start hunting soon! "Well, I'm going to call it a day. I seemed to have beaten myself black and blue enough already." Ceira, without waiting for an answer, walked over to where her clothes were stashed. She shuffled through them before managing to put on her pants and shirt on the right way around. Grabbing her dagger, she clipped it to her hip and secured it there. Ceira turned around, giving a small nod towards Yumi. "I'll be off now, maybe I will see you around sometime." Twisting around, she made her careful descent down the mountain, leaving the other Kelvic behind.
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abstract on October 8th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Ciera :
Skills

+ Running - 1
+ Acrobatics - 1
+ Rhetoric - 2
+ Observation - 1
+ Intimidation - 1
+ Climbing - 1
+ Unarmed Combat - 1

Lores

+ How to Actually Exercise
+ How to Identify a Kelvic: It doesn't attack you
+ Clothes Are Annoying
+ Yumi Sheishen: Tiger Kelvic
+ Sparring With a Cat

Other

N/A

Notes :
Yumi, if you ever return, just PM me and I'll give you your grade! Otherwise, a funny interaction. I actually quite like Ciera as a character... :D

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this grade, please PM me and we can work it out!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous