Farewell, Mortals.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Farewell, Mortals.

Postby Hakarou on July 30th, 2013, 6:58 pm

The staff here have irritated me to the point of leaving, so, after my short time here, I shall depart. In the future: Support your Necromancers. Maybe then the asses so strongly against it will cave in.
Behold, the power of a Necromancer.
Hakarou
The Necromancer

Words: 455
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2013, 8:21 am
Race: Mixed blood

Farewell, Mortals.

Postby Verilian on July 30th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Actually, I have asked that you get a nice big ban, so even if we do start supporting Necromancers, you wont be able to play them. Good job.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Farewell, Mortals.

Postby Wanderlust on July 30th, 2013, 7:17 pm

I'm sorry you feel attacked! :(

If you'd asked, I'm sure many others (myself included) would have pointed out exactly why your character was so out of line with the lore, and would have gladly redirected you to a more feasible route for your character!

Should you choose to return, I recommend reading the following lore articles:

Magic - An introductory guide to magic in Mizahar.
Djed - Information on magic's "backbone," and Mizahar's primal energy.
Wizard Psychology - An explanation of the mental effects that magic can have on wizards.
Magic List - A list of all available magical disciplines.
Wanderlust
Look, no hands!

Words: 16320
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2013, 4:50 pm
Scrapbook

Farewell, Mortals.

Postby Harrier on July 30th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Given your attitude in the chat, Har, I can't say I'm sorry to see you go.

Wander, they were informed, but chose not to follow the lore, even saying as much. Verillian, Clyde, Van, they were all trying to show him why necromancy wasn't doable under the terms he had self-imposed.
Harrier
Harrier than you

Words: 365904
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Farewell, Mortals.

Postby Banickle on July 30th, 2013, 8:18 pm

I'm sorry, but I just had to post this.

I'm so done with new players who think they can come on here, barely read any of our lore or rules, throw their weight around, argue with moderators in chat, pout when they can't have their way, and then storm off.

Fair thee well, Hakarou!
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Farewell, Mortals.

Postby Mazal on August 4th, 2013, 1:14 am

Not gonna lie it gets old, but Banickle

Clyde, Verilian, Radiant, Accolade, Cloud the list goes on and on with people that have helped me put awesome character sheets up. They always steer me in the right direction when I seem to be heading off course. It's unbelievable at least to me that they don't read the lore, me and gossamer have had that discussion numerous times in chat.

But what really puts me off about it is that it discourages staff from wanting to help the rest of us, it makes them think that next new player is another hakarou. Which puts people like me who read the lore but are having trouble grasping it at a disadvantage.

I'm so glad he's gone I think it sends a message to the staff that work so hard that this community does not appreciate nor will tolerate the kind of people that would rather be selfish and ruin the game to have there own way.
Mazal
Player

Words: 15911
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2013, 1:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Farewell, Mortals.

Postby Eldritch on August 4th, 2013, 5:30 am

Necromancers...

A perfectly reasonable suggestion I say, lets all just Kowtow to a new PC who clearly knows exactly how Mizahar should be played. Lets throw all those dusty old rules out the window. While we are at it, why not throw in some elves and vampires?

Honestly, why join something labeled the Writers RPG if you have no intension of doing the implied reading that comes with it? Lores are there to be read and rules are there to be followed.

Not sad to see this one go. :disgust:
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Farewell, Mortals.

Postby Loshe on August 4th, 2013, 9:41 am

Oh, wow. I know I really have no right to even glance in the direction of this thread, but even I know to keep things flexible in case of this exact situation.

The modmins obviously work their sitting things off trying to keep Mizahar in good order - if you can infer tone in their words, they all seem incredibly jaded at best. A level of jaded that can only have come from being worn right through to the point where everything that needs explaining is a dull tedium. I don't really blame them - if read all the way to the cut-off, you can see the change. They just got sick of it.

In fact, this is evident even in this very thread. Compare Wanderlust, newer to the authority scene, to Banickle or Harrier or literally anyone else in this thread, and there's an obvious difference in their attitudes.

All of you - don't lose heart! Without you we'd be terrible at writing stuff about stuff happening to stuff!
Guilt is an utterly useless emotion. Discard it. Speak without fear of judgment and love without fear of pain.
Loshe
The Amateur Anthropologist

Words: 1146
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2013, 9:06 am
Race: Jamoura