A fatefull encounter ( Xenova )

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Dragan on June 17th, 2010, 10:46 am

Thinking about everything as much as possible, Dragan grinned in defiance, as that was the most arogance he could show while tied down to the bed. Fever truly was a dumb thing, no pain, no real reason to be chained down, yet even the slightest movement was grave horrid. Now if she was so fixed on getting him to serve Rhysol, maybe he could do the other thing, maybe he could make her wonder if all that fate is well chanelled? Yes, indeed, it was all maybe.....

His face smirked as an expression of raw rage, while his voice stood calm with ocassional deep breaths: "You call that path your own, but if it was not for that bloodsucker, you would not even be here. No, that is not your road, it is what he choose for you, and wether you like it or not, you are not free, you are not even entertainment, it is a mere sign of ownership, even without the gnosis" unsure how to continue his argument in that moment, he shut his mouth so he could take some rest of the stupid fever.

"Power? Control? Watched over? Cared for? Do you have any damn idea how can a god that "watches" over us let`s the best of us die? How does he explain my friends dying inside his area of influence while he was "watching over me". How i ask you?" Yelling every word he was no punching the bed as hard as he could while struggling to sit up as the fever started to wear off a bit.
It will all be ok in the end...if its not ok...its not the end
Dragan
Player

Words: 11907
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2010, 2:54 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Xenova Prillar on June 22nd, 2010, 2:41 am

Xenova smiled knowing the boy was struggling against the inevitable..if Rhysol wanted him, in the long run Rhysol would get him. It was a matter of degree in her mind, how much would the boy have to take before he would surrender to the inevitable. She listened to him and she nodded.

If it weren't for the lord of this city I would not be alive this is true. However I had choices, I could have chosen to abandon him who saved me and go the path that would lead to death. Or I could embrace him and enjoy what he had to offer me. Of course he owns me, I do not argue or deny that. It is that I came and gave him that ownership willingly.

She had to admit he had a point,it was not for her to question why some lived and some were killed. It was the way of the gods. She would have to know more about what the boy was talking about to answer him. She spoke softly to him

Dragan, who was it that killed your friends? Rhysol sometimes does these things to strengthen us to make us tougher and more able to stand. As I said friends betray you in the end it is the nature of the relationship. Perhaps Rhysol was simply sparing you that pain with a pain that would make you stronger?

She never missed a beat and never looked doubtful nor concerned as she spoke.

Perhaps you need some food. I could go and fetch some so that oyu can rest.
Xenova Prillar
Player

Words: 21934
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2009, 5:28 am
Character sheet

Postby Dragan on June 26th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Rage on pair with blood boiling feeling of lust filled his mind as he was unsure wether he should litsen to the seeds of madness that were disturbing his inner peace, well what was left of it anyway. Maybe he should just kill her and be done with it? No.... that was not the way he did things, and after all, one way or the other, he did owe his life to her. Maybe madness can be contained by madness?

"Who cares when we live or die? Who cares where we die? Who cares about things as dumb as that? Each of us has a life of his own that should not be given away easily even in the face of great temptations.... you are a wierd one, but i do not treasure my life that much to think i owe it to Rhysol. And in the light of those past words, i shall not serve a god..... not yet" his face lit up a grin as ha sat up looking at her feeling kinda dizzy from the rush of blood from his head.

"The world is yet to burn, it is yet to see damnation, it is yet to be destroyed once more. You see there are many things to withness before i die, and how will i ever able to shatter ones world if mine falls apart first..... no, not until i still have something to do, until all of the deeds that will mark my existance are done" he growled a bit as the displeasing tone was spreading from him, he sighsed slowly only to speak shortly: "I am an idiot, thank you for everything, but i can not help you achieve what you planned.... not yet" a grim silence was pressing his ears as he realised he said really much, maybe too much.

OOC: sorry to post in so late, my net was messed up pretty badly
Dragan
Player

Character sheet

Postby Xenova Prillar on June 29th, 2010, 3:00 pm

Xenova listened to the lad speak and smiled what to him owuld seem a bland,normal smile. She was beginning to like this game even though it was going nowhere..for now. She elected to keep playing since Dragan only thought he knew for sure her motivations in playing. She had entertained thoughts about killing him, but that would be too easy, she had to place doubts in his mind and seeds of trust at the same time. She knew that then and only then would he be ripe for some form of betrayal and then he would be ready for Rhysol, perhaps she could get him to betray himself, by himself.

Who cares when we live or die? Not many Dragan and those few that do soon forget about us or simply betray us, it is the way of people. I do not consider my life easily given away, freely perhaps but easily no. You say you do not treasure your life enough to give it to a god. I say that you must treasure your life greatly to keep it to yourself as you do. I'm a weird one? well that is obvious.

She thought again about getting the boy some food, starvation played wonders, but as soon as he was strong enough to leave he simply would as she was not restraining him. It did seem that his strength was returning quickly as that of a youth does. She listened to his words, evil was not insane nor did it have to be calculating, it simply had to follow its own path and hers was one of the actress as her talents required some acting. she spoke again with a soft smile.

How would your world fall apart if you asked for help? Surely that would not be a sin against your code or whatever rules of living you follow? Guidance is something we all need. I have seen that you have much to do, you have this great mission and I only wish to help you along the way. I simply am showing you one way.

She rose and smiled and again said.
let me fetch you some proper food and drink. you rest young Dragan
Xenova Prillar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Dragan on July 2nd, 2010, 1:26 pm

Dragan now managed to stand up completely, shaking a bit, his legs still weak, and holding onto a wall, his eyesight still a bit blurry. Holding one hand over his face and using the other one to support himself, he tried looking around the room through his fingers, but he found no special marks that would pin point their location, cause no matter how skillful he was in finding his ways through the streets of Ravok, he entered only the houses of his marks, therefore he was not able to tell where they currently are. Damn overgiving threw him off guard for too long, and now even if he tried to escape, he would still be lost.

Taking his hand away from his face as his eyesight was now cleared, at least enough to see her clearly, he spoke slowly as the argument needed to be continued: "I do not want an easy way out, i had one of those one too many times, and it brought me here. Do not get me wrong, im gratefull for your help, but i hate being dependant on someone. Fine maybe im just one big liar, an iresponsible brat, but that`s the way i always was, and that is the way im staying" his face stretched to somewhat of a smile before he actually managed to let go of the wall and take a few steps towards her, still grinning.

As the fever weared off almost copletely, he was now cold, therefore he got his robe back on quickly as he felt somewhat uncomfortable without it. Looking back at her, he spoke slowly: "I`m not hungry" an obvious lie, but when it came to his food, he was somewhat like a dog, he did not want anyone touching it before he does, nor did he want anyone close as he ate. Drinks on the other hand were an everyday comodity that could be gotten anywhere, therefore the same rules for some reason did not apply to them.

In a bit louder tone of voice as she was still a few feet away and his strength has somewhat returned: "One way? And what if i choose the other one?" that question pressed on his consience as he looked around the room for possbile exits.
Dragan
Player

Character sheet

Postby Xenova Prillar on July 7th, 2010, 2:56 am

Xenova k new that the young man would soon regain his strength. But he did seem to be pushing it a bit, not that she cared as he was more of an amusement than anything else. However she could not have her toy leaving before she was done playing with it. She could tell he was orienting himself, trying to gauge where he was, however since he was quite fevered when she brought him here, she doubted he could get too oriented till he got outside and even then he might be in an unfamiliar section of the city. She would release him in due time.

She halted as he seemed to want to continue an argument that was only going in circles right now. He needed time to see the inevitability that he would be touched or already had been touched by Rhysol and was under his influence even if he was not actively worshiping him. It was the first lesson she had learned while applying to the Black Sun. The most important was that you would be betrayed no matter what so best to be in the favor of the betrayer. She slowly spoke to him as he went on

Dragan, believe me it is not the easy way out. It is the best way out, but you have to figure that out for yourself. I don't expect gratitude, I have my reasons for doing what I have done for you. You are young, irresponsibility is the realm of the young, I don't expect any less from you. I am not easily disappointed young man.

He smile was one that appeared to be genuine and warm, she was good at acting her part. She watched as his fever had worn off to the point that he put his robe back on. she also smiled as he denied being hungry, she could see he was anything but not hungry.

That's too bad I know a place to get some really good food, but you need your rest so I offered to bring it to you.

She did not answer his final question for a very long time,seeming to contemplate on that for a while. When she answered it was slowly and with a deliberate softness.

You choose the path that leads to madness then. But it it your choice to make Dragan, you will suffer no consequences from me over your decision.
Xenova Prillar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Dragan on July 10th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Smirking more and more he was seing more clearly than in any moment that went on after the overgiving, it was a simple room, therefore, if needed, the only logical way out was through the door, and that path could be forced easily if neccesary. He grinned a bit, as he could not help himself but to stare at Xenova again, after all he was of that age, and he was out of it for quite a long time, too long.

He no longer felt the need to argue with this woman, their ways of madness differed too much. The sheer sight which she used to gaze onto the world was too twisted for him to even consider believing in. So far there was still more than enough will and strength in him to not want to just throw away his life, and for what? Only so he could change his aspect of madness? No, it was sure as hell not worth it. His grin disappeared as he noticed she knew he was lying, he was never quite good at it after all.

He parted his lips in silent but somewhat agitated tone: "I.... am... not.... hungry" even he knew how bad that lie tasted, but could he really trust someone as mad as her to just let him leave in peace? The answer was no, and it was gonna stay that way for now.

He had to take a moment to respond to her last statement, and when he did, it was in an stone cold serious tone of voice: "So be it, my madness is stronger than yours" he did not know what might happen now, nor did he have any idea how will she take what he said, but it made no difference to him, the whole argument was just wasting his energy.
Dragan
Player

Character sheet

Postby Xenova Prillar on July 16th, 2010, 2:09 am

Xenova was still smiling even though it was becoming obvious that Dragan was becoming agitated, let the boy get frustrated it would do him some good was her thought. She also was not uncomfortable with his leering, boys loved to look at women and she was good at being a woman, it really mattered not to her. She adjusted so he could get a good look at what he seemed to be staring at and smiled softly.

She knew she would have to let him go his own way soon as he was resisting the first lesson of being in Ravok. If she told him the truth he would go mad trying to resist it...perhaps that was what she should do. After all he was claiming his madness was stronger than hers. She smiled...this time a predatory grin like a cat having caught a mouse

Well Dragan, I wont push food or drink on you, however you probably need both as you were incoherent only moments ago with fever and i found you injured. You had best take care of that, I'm not going to hold you here, you are free to go.

she smiled that predatory grin again and said,So your madness is stronger than mine? I doubt that seriously as I have accepted the one truth about living in Ravok that you have yet to accept, in fact its the truth of the world.

She again smiled as she purred softly All creatures are touched by Rhysol, no one goes untouched by him or undefiled. The question is how long will you fight him?

She began to back toward the door. Don't answer me Dragan. Think about it, we were brought together for a reason. Perhaps it was so I would tell you this one truth. You are already touched by Rhysol, there is betrayal and chaos within you. How long will you fight it?

With that she slipped from view and exited the building leaving Dragan alone with his thoughts as she was gone to promote Rhysol somewhere else.
Xenova Prillar
Player

Character sheet

Previous