Hello, my name is-

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello, my name is-

Postby Tarkus on August 2nd, 2013, 3:48 am

-Tarkus. I make cheesy puns, prepare to sigh.

(Hate conjecture? Want to skip right to the meat of who I am as a Role-Play writer? Head down to the bold font, It's bold so people that need to cut to the chase can... Well, cut to the chase.)

Hi, I'd like to start off by thanking you for clicking on that link on the introductions page that led you here- I know that there are hundreds of other fresh-off-the-boats that would love to have you read their first posts, so I'll try not to keep you too long. There are tons of interesting people here, I can't blame you for wanting to meet some of them as they begin their life at Mizahar.

As you already know, the character I will soon make a character sheet for is named Tarkus. He's a pretty big guy, I'd love for you to meet him when he's all tidied up and finished. But onto the real meat of the matter-

Why should you care who the one behind Tarkus really is?

Well, I can't control your life to say the least- but I'll give my God-given opinion if it means anything.

I'm a writer, I write things; and I have been for about four years now. I got into Role-Play about three years ago and I've been addicted ever since, it's a wonderful hobby that really lets a person go wild with their imagination. At least, in my opinion. For the sake of the people that want to skip to the really tasty bits of this already long post as soon as they start reading, I'll bold my Role-Play skills and preferences.

Coming onto around four years of Role-Play, I think I can finally and properly self-diagnose my habits and preferences in the Role-Play world. I started off on Chat-rooms, then moved on to forum postings about my second year. Because of this, I believe I can handle fast-paced one sentence chatter just as well as the next writer. But, onto what actually matters, Forum Posting.

I spend a very long time working and checking over what I write before I write it. (Heck, this starter took about an hour to write!) But don't let that put you off, I can still get a two-paragraph spell-checked grammatically correct response off in about five minutes. Due to... Past experiences, I find that I can't bring myself to get romantic with characters anymore, I honestly don't believe in the practice as much as I should. However, absolutely *everything* else I have a cacophony of experience with. I'm up for anything, anywhere.

With that out of the way, I'd like to spout off about how amazing I think Mizahar is. I'm a forum creeper, I admit. I have been for about seven months now, and a lot of the writing here is absolutely sublime. Right, I've kept enough of your time. I'll close with this:

I think Mizahar is a brilliant place full of brilliant people, and I would be delighted to be accepted into this brilliant bunch. Who knows? Maybe I'll become brilliant, too.
Praise the sun!
Tarkus
Silent Tritagonist

Words: 1030
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2013, 2:17 am
Race: Mixed blood

Hello, my name is-

Postby Irriari on August 2nd, 2013, 4:50 am

Tarkus, I can't believe you spent this long lurking! I'm glad you've decided to add your own story to the ones here. I look forward to seeing what you write. Best of luck!

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Hello, my name is-

Postby Wanda Endust on August 2nd, 2013, 5:23 am

Hey! I'm super glad that you've decided to jump on in! I hope you enjoy yourself, and I think you'll be a lovely addition to our big Miz family!

See ya 'round sometime!
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1