OOC Info DMs, GMs, Storytellers, Yarnspinners and Windbags Wanted!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

DMs, GMs, Storytellers, Yarnspinners and Windbags Wanted!

Postby Gossamer on December 10th, 2009, 7:33 am

Greetings Mizaharians-

Mizahar is growing! Fortunately for us its a thrill to see all these new players. But we're going to need some help fairly soon. We have some established cities that need Storytellers. We also have up and coming pirate ships, ruins, regions (like Burning Lands or The Sea Of Grass)... that all need domain storytellers to host them. We'd like to see some original uniquely themed cities put in too. This is a WONDERFUL stage to join Mizahar as a staff member because you don't have to follow another domain storytellers vision at this point in most places... you can create your own perspective, and that's pretty appealing for people like me who like to blaze my own path. So, forum roleplay experience is encouraged but not required. A working knowledge of Mizahar is helpful, but not necessary... we can help by holding your hand until you get in the swing of things! I strongly urge people, if they have any desire whatsoever, to step forward and claim a piece of this wonderful place as their own little kingdom. It will not be so available for long at the rate we are growing and gaining new players.

What are some benefits to being a storyteller?

• You get to build a city from the ground up!
  • You get to play around with unique ideas and provide adventures for people.
  • NPC development baby! All those fun PCs you don't have time to play can come to life anyhow.
  • Nifty location posts!
  • Longing for a cult that really fills a niche thats not filled? Here's your chance.
  • No bosses! Honest. You're in charge of your area!
  • No experience necessary, only positive attitudes and vibes required OOC.
  • You can be as mean as you'd like IC - torture? humiliation? murder? Mayhem? Yes...yes..yes...! :)
  • People always think your cool.
  • You can volunteer a little or a lot in a place thats a size that fits you... the commitment is up to you.

So, talk to a Founder (someone in red or blue) if your interested. We'll help you find a city, region, or even some little mystical isle for you to play around in. If something doesn't suit you or tickle your fancy, pose a new idea to us... we're open so long as it follows the theme and is original. Here's an application to help you get started!

Storyteller Application!

If you'd like to contribute to Mizahar via Storytelling, please feel free to fill out this application and post it in its entirety in the Help Desk. We are actively looking for dedicated storytellers that have creativity, flexibility and a good sense of fair and balanced moderation.

1. What is your name?
2. What is your age?
3. Please list any characters you might play.
4. Please list the position you are applying for (RS, DS, AS).
5. Please give a detailed accounting of why you want to apply for this position and how you want to improve this area. What drew you to this region? What is special about it? Please be specific.
6. Please list your favorite aspects of Mizahar and why.
7. Please list the aspects of Mizahar you feel need improvement and why.
8. Please list any applicable experience you might have with storytelling (can be off site).
9. Please list any development projects you might have been involved with. Why did you get involved? What drew you to this sort of development. What made you enthusiastic about these projects?
10. Please provide a recommendation from an existing storyteller.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 19th, 2010, 1:32 am

We are always actively seeking Storytellers. We just simply require you to stick around roughly 60 days of steady play with an ability to demonstrate a great working knowledge of the game world. There's lots of new people with wonderful writing abilities, but to be a community leader, one has to get to know the community itself! Be active, listen, and learn and I'm sure you and anyone else that wants to apply will do fine. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on November 24th, 2010, 8:00 pm

This month we've had an incredible influx of storytellers; both DS's and AS's. Thank you all so much for volunteering! The game needs you and its really the greatest possible way to make sure Mizahar remains a success.

As of right now, I wanted to note that we are not accepting any more applications for 'new' cities. We want to make sure the cities we have are fleshed out and well supported as they are . Not all of the current cities have a Domain Storyteller and if they do, they often need help in the form of one or more Assistant Storytellers. If you guys have ever given a thought to volunteering to be a storyteller, you might consider doing so now. We are getting our ranks pretty well fleshed out and a great deal of the areas covered. But, there's always room for more.

What we need most right now are Storytellers who are willing to assist in the Wilderness areas covering travel threads and things like hunting, attacks, bandits, and adventures. Dusk, the Domain Storyteller of Syliras, also has constant need of more 'quality' assistance. Please see her if you are interested.

Otherwise, I just wanted to bump this thread in the form of a heartfelt thanks for the outpouring of support and volunteerism we are experiencing. The players make this site fabulous. Thank you all for just being your gracious, funny, entertaining, and fabulously creative selves.

We could also use a Domain Storyteller or a couple of Assistants in the Suvan Sea area.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on December 20th, 2010, 8:06 pm

I'd like to prod this thread since we've had such good luck getting Assistant Storyteller's in place throughout the game.

Both Lhavit and Ravok are actively seeking Assistant Storytellers at this time. If anyone is interested, please see Hyacinth for Lhavit and Gillar for Ravok.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 14th, 2011, 1:47 am

Hi Folks-

Cadence has asked me to nudge this announcement as Alvadas is desperately seeking some sort of AS help. She's swamped in real life, but has really added color and flare to the city. Anyone qualified ... see our Storyteller's Wiki page... should definitely talk to her then apply to the Help Desk.

Regards,

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rage on February 17th, 2011, 3:18 am

I would also like to encourage people to apply for AS-ship in Falyndar. Of course, I think areas that have more activity should be prioritized first if any of you are considering applying for Storyteller.

Don't be shy to join the staff, we'll help you along if you do.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Office

Postby Gossamer on February 19th, 2011, 6:56 pm

We've gotten great Assistant Storyteller candidates for Alvadas and Kalinor. We'd still love to get qualified DS's and AS's for The Spires, The Suvan Sea, and a whole host of other domains that need watchful helpful Storytellers. People great at Development are a plus.

If you'd also like to work on articles and writeups, talk to Solomon about a project. He's always looking for fresh minds and enthusiastic writers.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fraha on February 21st, 2011, 7:54 pm

i would love to help in some way, anything would do but before applying, since i'm new and english isn't my mother language.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Fraha
Rising Detective?

Words: 127178
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2011, 10:40 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on March 6th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Fraha-

You need to wait 60 days after joining the site to apply. This is so you can feel your way around the site, learn the rules, geography, etc. After that, feel free to apply. You need to be active, fun-loving, and helpful in that 60 days as well. :)

Regards,

Gossamer
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on April 10th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Greetings Fellow Mizaharians!

Fois started a rumor in chat that new AS's must sacrifice a finger before they are allowed to join staff. This is completely untrue. We've never required body part sacrifices nor will we ever. Please rest assured this is only a rumor. In other news, speaking of rumors that ARE true, Hatter tried to teach webbing to a non-Drykas. Since hes back as his PC (ask around if you don't know who this is) feel free to do unspeakable things to him for this transgression if you have a Drykas PC and take offense at this situation. I promise the staff will look the other way.

Now.. for the whole point of this posting.

• Avanthal could use an AS.
  • Endrykas needs more help as they are missing a DS.
  • Syliras is actively looking for a new AS since some of Dusk's minions are on leave.

If you are interested in joining our humor filled staff - remember we can take a joke! - please apply today in the help desk after talking to the DS in question (unless your interested in Endrykas then just apply - we know the DS is AWOL).

Regards!

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next