Flashback How About A Friendly Spar? (Vyktoria)

While Kaie hones vital skills, a stranger catches her off guard with an inviting challenge.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

How About A Friendly Spar? (Vyktoria)

Postby Kaie on August 16th, 2013, 5:19 am

The first sentence alone had caught her attention. So she knew how to fight? Oh, and with just her fists? Kaie couldn't help but grin with a new comprehension, seeing the girl anew with new information. Kaie hadn't had a good spar in a while, and she certainly hadn't gotten one from the caravan. Here seemed like the perfect opportunity.

The Myrian waved off her question with a shrug, showing her without words that it wasn't anything to be concerned with.

"Maybe. But I have had no spar in long time. Show me what you can do," The Myrian challenged with a wide smile for the first time, hoping the woman would accept her challenge. After all, why train your body if you couldn't swing at anybody?

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vyktoria Rivor on August 16th, 2013, 5:33 am

Smiling wider noticing the woman's grin, Vyktoria gently sets her book near the tree next to them. "Maybe. But I have had no spar in long time. Show me what you can do." Smirking at the woman's slight demanding tone, Vyktoria nods.
"Sure, why not?" Taking a defensive stance, Vyktoria smiles again. "It's been awhile since I've actually got to spar with someone." Motioning for the woman to come at her, Vyktoria prepares for a good fight.
Vyktoria Rivor
Player

Words: 8909
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2013, 3:23 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kaie on August 17th, 2013, 1:58 pm

The Myrian needed no further invitation. She eased down into a proper fighting stance. Legs shoulder width apart, knees belt,guard up, and elbows in. Then she came forth with a long restrained fury.

Kaie sprinted forward, closing their distance with practiced grace and natural speed. As soon as she was close enough, Kaie halted immediately and transitioned to a speedy strike low to the woman's upper thigh. Aiming straight for the collection or nerve endings there. Her lead foot pointed outside the other's body and hips rotated to put her whole body behind the strike. As quickly as it would come, it would be gone as she returned back to her stance.

Whether she landed it out not, Kaie did not know. All she knew was that she was prepared for a counter if it was to come, steadying her balance and observing the woman's movements. Preparing herself to block or retaliate if needed.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyktoria Rivor on August 17th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Vyktoria noticing the woman's shifting weight, dodges the woman's blow barely stepping back in time. As she steps back, Vyktoria lunges forward using her hips to force behind her punch aiming for the woman's right side, hoping to hit near her ribs. Keeping her face and chest protected she waits for a counter.
Vyktoria Rivor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kaie on August 18th, 2013, 1:56 am

Kaie smirked as the woman avoided her kick, bringing her foot down almost as quickly as it came in preparation for the counter. Just as she placed her foot down the woman rocketed forward with a punch to her side. Perfect. The Myrian didn't try to block it. She didn't even try to hit her. Instead she stepped one foot back to take her off center, lead hand catching the woman's wrist as it blew by her. Now that she was outside the woman's body and out of range of the other hand, she felt free to do what she wanted. Not even rushed.

She pulled the woman toward her, switching hands so her back hand held the wrist. The lead hand pressed against the skin right above the elbow. Suddenly, the Myrian lowered her body and back stepped in a spinning motion, all the while sliding her arm against the woman's. The result would leave the woman no choice but to be flung straight into the ground on her stomach.

If she hit as planned, Kaie grasp her arm firmly, curling it up her back. It would look as if she was forcing the woman to reach the back of her own head. Seeing if she would be able to get the woman to tap out quickly.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyktoria Rivor on August 18th, 2013, 2:15 am

As she throws her punch, Vyktoria watches as the woman moves too quickly, catching her wrist and pulling her. Vyktoria's eyes widen as she realizes she's headed straight for the ground. Trying to brace herself to land on her stomach, the woman twists her arm around behind her. Making a risky descision she tries twisting her body in the air to land on her back, bending her knees to hopefully push the woman up and over her.
Vyktoria Rivor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kaie on August 21st, 2013, 3:17 am

As the woman seems to try to twist her body from her grasp, the Myrian simply stopped rather suddenly in her spin. Instead, she paused to release her position above the elbow and moved in. Using the wrist as a guide the whole way she went right along with the momentum. Turning her back to the woman and crouching low, Kaie hurled her freed elbow directly into the woman's ribcage. Then once she accomplished her strike, she'd shoot her hips up and rotate to hurl the woman up and over her back. Hoping to smash the woman on the ground in front of her. From there she could perhaps hurl a foot down onto her chest if given the opportunity.

OOC:Not sure what you did there since Kaie has control of the arm which would restrict your ability to turn over without breaking a limb. It was a thoughtful move anyhow! Also, I'd encourage you to write more than a few sentences. It gives your threading partners more to work with when they reply. :)

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyktoria Rivor on August 22nd, 2013, 2:30 am

Suddenly the woman changes her strike, and strikes hard into Vyktoria’s ribcage causing to grunt in pain as her lungs empty of air. Gasping, she feels the woman shift her weight to pull her over her head. Shifting her weight, Vyktoria lets the Myrian pull her over her head. Bracing for impact, Vyktoria uses her free arm to block her chest and face for any strike. Landing hard, she coughs, the impacts knocks the fresh air for her lungs. Vyktoria gasps roughly trying to catch her breath and keep herself protected. Catching the woman’s hit on the top of her forearm, she pushes her foot up then quickly rolls to the side. Crouching on one knee, she continues panting but holds up her hand in defeat.
OOCI meant like twisting toward you. I wasn't really sure which arm you meant. Thanks for the advice. I've not joined a forum like this, I'm still learning. :)
Vyktoria Rivor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kaie on August 22nd, 2013, 2:50 am

As soon as Kaie dropped the weight onto the floor, she gritted her teeth and braced to send her foot straight on top of the woman. Just as it appeared she might actually nail her, the woman raised her forearm. The Myrian's foot bounced off the bone roughly. Kaie growled to herself and took a step back to regain balance. It seemed the woman needed to recover herself considering the way she was gasping. Kaie had gotten her good with the elbow. She knew that. Yet could she take more?

Just as Kaie was about to return to finish the grounded opponent, the red haired woman found her feet. The Myrian assumed battle would continue until the hand was raised. A universal code for "enough."

"Not bad. For drawer," Kaie offered, the closest thing to a compliment the Myrian could muster forth for the woman. She was a barbarian after all and such praise didn't come often from her people to outsiders.

OOC:We've all been there! :)

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyktoria Rivor on September 9th, 2013, 2:06 am

“Thank you.” Vyktoria smiles still catching her breath. “That was great. I enjoyed it, even though I lost.” Standing up, Vyktoria holds out her hand toward the Myrian.
“I’m Vyktoria. May I get your name?” Vyktoria smiles. Waiting for the Myrian to shake hands, Vyktoria kind of studies the woman in front of her. The Myrian seems unfazed by their brief fight. The woman returns the hand shake. Vyktoria can feel the strength behind the woman’s arms. Why did I even suggest to fight her. I should have known I would lose…Even though she was proud of how long she lasted, she was glad she only received a few bruises and some sore muscles.
“How long have you been fighting?” Vyktoria asks the curious woman. “You don’t seem like you’re from Zeltiva. Do you stay at the inn?” Vyktoria patiently waits for the answers, giving the woman time to respond.
Vyktoria Rivor
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext