Closed The Sojourn to Zeltiva

Khesas leaves Ahnatep, vowing to return when things have settled down

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

The Sojourn to Zeltiva

Postby Khesas on August 2nd, 2013, 3:32 am

3rd of Summer, 513 AV

In the early bells of the day, while most of Ahnatep yet slept, Khesas stole out of his home, all of his belongings secured upon his person. Time was of the essence, hence part of the reason he'd started out so early, the other part obviously being that their were few prying eyes out at this time. This business with a Guilded after him had him quite anxious to be far from this place, and even though he'd set out so early, he still felt that eyes were upon him, sending news of his location to the man that hunted for him. By the gods, he hoped he'd be able to get free of this place before he caught up to him.

Crossing past the last few stalls in the market, he sighed with relief as the docks came into sight, the vessels moored there bouncing idly with the tide. To his surprise, even at this bell, people yet stirred around one such ship moving to and fro from the docks to it, carrying crates or bundles of supplies aboard.

Suppose that was a good sign he figured, they might be leaving off soon which was something he could not do fast enough it the nervous energy building in his chest told him, and conceding briefly to paranoia, he looked around studiously before striding towards the vessel and accosting the first laborer he came across.

"How soon do you disembark?"

That drew a strange look from the man, a grizzled old fellow with brown leathery skin, and deep set wrinkles creasing the corners on his face. "I've no time for an idle chat, now run along" He groused, scratching his salt and pepper beard before heaving a crate onto his shoulder, and making to move away. Desperation held Khesas in its grasp though so he was quick to sidle over in front of the man, blocking his path back to the vessel which drew an expected scowl from the laborer.

"I seek passage to Sunberth, perhaps you can help me in that regard" Khesas determinedly added, jingling his pouch of coins as he did so in hopes that it might get this ones attention. Were his words could not, perhaps coin could motivate. It had always worked for him in the past after all.

"Ay, but you've got the wrong ship, we make for Zeltiva so petch off" He firmly replied, before charging forward once more, almost knocking over Khesas in the process. His face flushed red at that sight, and for several moments it took all his will power to resist retorting viciously, and even more so not to put the blade at his side to use. The helplessness of his situation frustrated him, almost as much as the necessity of it, as he knew he couldn't do anything about such treatment, at least not yet that is. He had to get aboard that ship!

Gathering his wits, he ran after the man, moving ahead of him again, this time with his left hands raised for extra measure.

"To Zeltiva then, what would it take?"

"Not for me to answer, now ye better let me get to my work or I'll be favoring you with a beating boy"

"Then at least tell me who's knowing?"

"Thats enough from you, now out of my" The old man growled, and Khesas found himself making way for the laborer, his eyes now searching for another to speak with. So distracted was he that he didn't even hear the man he'd been speaking with set his crate down, and so he was caught totally unawares when he was shoved from behind.

Off balanced, he tumbled into a pile of sacks in front of him, and barely managed to turn around before the man was upon him kicking him several times on his sides before he could even get his arms up to defend. "I told ye to get, and to stay gone" the deckhand growled all the while, the blows raising welts across his olive skin.

Just as soon as it began though, it was soon over, with the same crewman standing over him with a malicious smirk. "Serves you right" He spat before turning around to pick back up to his crate. Stubbornly even though every movement seemed to bring him pain, Khesas stood up, ignoring with some effort some of the darker thoughts that came to mind before speaking out.

"So who's knowing?"

The deckhand cackled at that, turning around in where he did spryly to regard Khesas. "Persistent one you are.. Captain Avierous whom you seek, you'll find him at the Lady's Lap" With that the old man turned and picked back up his crate, laughing to himself all the way back to the boat.

Khesas was paying him no more attention in any case, as he was now headed to that sordid place, thoughts of how best to persuade the Captain filling his head.

Last edited by Khesas on August 24th, 2013, 2:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Khesas
Player

Words: 14052
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Eypharian
Scrapbook

The Sojourn to Zeltiva

Postby Khesas on August 23rd, 2013, 10:19 pm

Unsurprisingly, the common room of the Lady's Lap was quite empty when Khesas pushed through her door's, and save for a couple of maids cleaning the place, he was the only one for several moments till a man in outlandish garb came down the stairs, whistling a spirited tune.

"Captain Avierous?" Khesas started hesitatingly, as he watched the man react with an arched eyebrow to the name, studying him back for several moments.

"And who's asking?"

"Khesas, I seek passage aboard your ship?"

"Why would that be? You've a thirst to see Zeltiva or something boy?" Avierous asked suspiciously as he brought a boot onto a chair beside him, lacing it tight.

"Aye, the open seas been calling my name of late"

"Tell me something, you know anything about sailing?"

Khesas shifted uncomfortably at that, breaking eye contact for a moment till he gathered his composure. When had his palms started sweating?

"No, but I'm more than capable of learning" He declared obstinately after several moments had past, if only to fill the void in conversation.

"So you say the seas been calling your name, but you know nothing of sailing, and haven't asked me yet anything of it. What's a matter boy? Have you no curiosity?"

"Er..."

"Save it.. why don't you tell me the real reason you want to come along"

That set Khesas back a couple of steps, quite shocked at this man's directness. He hadn't anticipated such a approach so with no such prepared responses coming to mind, he decidedly blurted out the truth.

"I caught a Gilded stealing and now he plots against me" It couldn't have been spoken more plainly, and Khesas filled more than a little bit robbed at the fact that this man had managed to get so much out of him with so few questions. He'd have to keep a close eye on this one, especially if they were to be traveling with each other.

"I see why you didn't start with that.." Avierous mused, rubbing his clean shaven chin as he studied the Eypharian before him. "if word got out.."

"I'll pay you well, and the day is yet young, there is yet time for no one to notice"

"I'll require one hundred gold mizas from you for passage, as well as your hands in help aboard my ship"

"ONE HUN.." He started to shout, but wisely held his tongue at the quickly souring look on the captain's face, and swallowing his anger he started over more calmly. "A fair offer... I accept"

"Welcome aboard the Sly Maid" Avierous replied immediately with a broad grind, shaking his hand vigorously, and at that Khesas realized his journey had only just begun.

The End

Khesas
Player

Words: 14052
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Eypharian
Scrapbook